Name Violation - Account suspension ( i am paying a game that i am afraid to play)

You are still bound by it whether you read it or not.

Blizzard’s house, Blizzard’s rules.

8 Likes

The way I interpret that is he used the name a second time after the first suspension.

Well, I didn’t know that. Learned something new. :grinning:

And there’s some words that are perfectly innocent, yet get filtered. Wiggle is fine, but replace the W with a J and it gets filtered.

The EULA, it basically states we can sue you for any reason we deem with no evidence required. They own your account and the EULA backs up anything Blizzard wants to do and you cannot stop them.

1 Like

my understanding was i am in a different region, if it was violation, then i shouldn’t be able to create, if i was allowed to create it then i can use it.

But now i know that is not the case. And i will stop using it.

“oH SH… youll play nice” is like admitting I knowing im doing wrong but im going to keep pushing the envelope because i can…

Just do a ticket and get the name change.

if this is a repeat issue, than its solely on you for continuing with the names.

1 Like

Because you were dumb enough to use a name you knew would get you in trouble. They didn’t make a ban list of a billion words, genius. Don’t make stupid choices for names and you won’t have this issue.

The worse part is you didn’t even learn the first time.

I don’t need to answer this again.

What a bunch of crap. That never happened and people lied to you.

1 Like

This would not surprise me in the least to be honest. Years back I got a 3 day suspension. Why? Because somebody spammed profanity at me for about a week straight and even made multiple characters to circumvent the ignore. When I asked why I got suspended, support was extremely belligerent about it and refused to give a direct answer as to what my violation was.
I still saved all the emails back and forth from the whole ordeal.

wow, that’s a level of dumb I just can’t fathom. rename to something within terms of service, and move on. you’re being deliberately obstinate, deliberately violating tos and continuing to do so. if you get perma-banned, you brought it on yourself

4 Likes

This isn’t a thing that will get you a suspension.

2 Likes

at the end of the game, its blizzs game their rules. I misunderstood that if i created it i could use it regardless of the rule. i pushed no boundaries and wouldn’t want to push any, but if i can create it i should be able to use it. Otherwise i should not be able to create it. i do not believe i should be punished for it, as i created something completely legal.

but i will keep on playing this games, as this is the only game i ever played.

Blizzard is reactive, not proactive, and they don’t keep a constantly updated list of unsuitable names, although they do block obvious ones. Essentially, aside from the obvious violations, you can create whatever you want, but just because you can create it, doesn’t mean it’s not in violation of the rules, which means that IF someone reports you, then you’ll get investigated/actioned.

The first time you got a ban for a name violation should have been a warning light for you to change the names of other characters using that name and never use it again. You chose to use it a second time, KNOWING that it was against the rules, so you absolutely deserved the second ban, and if you decide to try your luck a third time and get permanently banned, well, that’s all on you.

My advice? Keep the character logged out until you can pay for a name change, then change it. If you can’t afford one, open a ticket and tell the Blizzard rep that you have this character, that you know they are named inappropriately and that you’d like to change it.

3 Likes

The fact that you got away with it for a long time doesn’t mean the name wasn’t in violation.

They do not create a master list of all names that are forbidden, and then allow clever people to get away with finding new offensive names that aren’t on the list.

If you have a name that’s even mildly offensive, you should have another name ready for when you get the inevitable forced free name change.

The fact that you have gotten multiple suspensions tells me that you’ve violated this rule at least 3 times. The penalty for re-using an offensive name is suspension. You deliberately broke the rules.

You do not have my sympathy. Post in Customer Support.

2 Likes

Depending on what the name was, just write a ticket and explain it all. If it was the C-word pandemic, tell them that the C-word has 3 different meanings: One science, one space, one for a company product.

A youtube was once forced to name change over using the name “LazyPeon” or somehing with Peon in their name and it was an orc, he wrote to gms and said THEY have npc orcs with Peon in their name ingame and he got to keep said name.

Jeez… I know you can’t tell us…

But I’m sooo hanging to know what the name/s were.

For the record… I’d probably love it. :rofl:

And yeah man, living in Melb freaking sucks at the moment.

1 Like

Two years ago, I was forced to change the name of every toon I had on Wyrmrest Accord because Tacohands breaks immersion for the RP folks. I was not pleased. I’d been using the name since 2005.

A name is a name, at the end of the day nobody cares. You can be ñΘΘߧ╘À¥É® the Druid or just Bill the druid. Everyone loves and respects Bill the druid.

Just because I cry myself to sleep every night because I didn’t know what Bum meant in England, or pull my hair out because some see my name and think I am of a certain race and skin color in RL… hmm… I wonder if ñΘΘߧ╘À¥É® is taken… $10 you say?..

You do not give yourself very good choices my friend.

They will usually ask you via mail politely to change your name. Only if you ignore that will you get a suspension.

Just send a ticket asking for a name change. Or make another toon.

ñøøßslÀyÉr wasn’t.