Name reservations? This is a first

I new it would be fun taking the hard stance with you; I learned things and got way more info out of you. Plus I got to play a side of arguments I rarely get to do.

1 Like

What’s a layered world? First time I’ve heard this term.

They should name the Classic PTR Nostalrius. If they name a live server that it will be the biggest server.

1 Like

If people would be a little smart about it, then turn it into something positive. Yea it is greedy, but whadda you expect from Activision nowadays? How 'bout beating them at their own game then. Use those weeks to farm gold in retail and pay for your first couple of months with retail gold.

Geez Luis, that’s some nifty thinking right there!! Well, thank you, I do have my moments!

1 Like

This post is basically a wall of whine with no substance. None of the points you raise have anything to do with name reservation.

No matter how they do it, people who cannot log on during the initial character creation timeframe will miss out on good names. So that point is irrelevant. Waiting until 8/27 to make a character will not stop people on the real game from reserving names either. So that point is also irrelevant.

What this does do, however, is give Blizzard an idea of the number of people who will play Classic WoW, along with allowing players to have some kind of organization with their friend groups. It’s a brilliant idea to keep players together.

1 Like

I love this. I’m getting married on August 24th and I’ll be gone for 2 weeks after. I’m glad I can reserve my name to come back to.

2 Likes

The majority of people scooping up names on that day are going to be bfa players (since they are already subbed and need do nothing else to qualify), who may or may not even log in for classic. I doubt the numbers are going to be remotely helpful.

I also wager that a large % of those who would be playing classic long term are going to give blizzard the :bird: rather than pay for a sub to a game they have no intention to play just to hope to get a name for a game they cannot yet access.

3 Likes

Nope, I’ll log in from work to do it!

I am really hoping to get miles. i use it on my demon hunter, but its the name my family uses. i will try for viper also :slight_smile:

1 Like

This personally to me reads as a way for Blizzard to have a better understanding of how many players will be coming into Classic at launch since they will have a pretty good established baseline from opening Character Creation 2 weeks early. Either way this makes me happy.

A server is a server, layers or not. You will be able to play with every single person on your server. This has been addressed. Stop spreading misinformation.

You should also be aware that each layer will be approximately the size of a Vanilla server - you will be able to see and interact with as many people at launch as you could back in Vanilla. Layering isn’t this awful disease that people make it out to be. And as long as Blizz is proactive in making sure layers don’t become deadzones, this is going to get us fairly close to the Vanilla experience.

Layering is going to allow us to skip the step of dead servers/server merging. If a layer is dead, merge it with another layer. I doubt anyone would even know the difference. As long as we get the right amount of servers, population will always seem accurate, yet servers won’t be in danger of going low pop.

4 Likes

I don’t see anything wrong with this, they are currently paying customers and in return they get a slight benefit.
I don’t see why people who aren’t currently paying have issues about a “loyalty bonus”.

Just log in 14 days later and make a character when it’s released like everyone else who isn’t retail.

If your name is taken :man_shrugging: choose a different one. It’s the same situation as it’s always been for creating characters.

Cleaning products have to have labels warning people not to drink them, so I can understand Blizzard wanting to stave off server confusion.

I’m going to try for “DoubleDeuce”

This is the nerdiest thing I have seen all day, thank you.

1 Like

Ooh, I could name my tauren “Classiccow”

Cause it sounds like classic wow, and he’s a cow…

2 Likes

Yes, I booked the 13th off to get my name and 2 weeks off for release within an hour of the news lol.

They are literally getting a second complete game for no additional cost. Do they really need yet another benefit?

You’re welcome…? I think?

1 Like