Name reservations? This is a first

This is the first time I’ve seen Blizzard allow naming reservations.

Create Your Character

If you’re eager to claim your character name in WoW Classic, take note: we’ll be opening character creation on Tuesday, August 13.** Players with an active subscription or game time on their account will be able to create up to three characters per World of Warcraft account. We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

This is going to be interesting. So will people take off work to get their names?

12 Likes

for twitch streamers obviously like swifty,

5 Likes

good way to get an extra 2 weeks of subscription money. i’m surprised they didn’t go a full month before release

75 Likes

that’s interesting

1 Like

It also sounds like an easy way to see launch population estimates.

62 Likes

Im curious because if they don’t have server names out by then do you just select a name then put it on a server later? Sounds a bit confusing right now.

7 Likes

Read the news post, it says realm names will be available closer to launch.

7 Likes

Eagerly waiting for Bornakk’s response. :yum:

1 Like

Just wanting to stress this part, we’ll elaborate on this whole thing later but wanted to let people know it would happen and hopefully it makes it so you can play a little faster on August 27. :slight_smile:

62 Likes

Ok, thank you. Was a bit confused.

1 Like

And what happened to playing a little faster… in the SUMMER?

25 Likes

I’m strongly considering pre-bookmarking my original huntard’s name, just for the lolz

you mean the summer that ends after 3 full weeks into september?

34 Likes

You’re lucky they made it so Gnomes could even play! Most Gnomes are in the server room right now. Gnomes replaced hamsters at Blizzard HQ. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Looks like my laptop is coming to work with me that day.

6 Likes

I’ve had mondays and tuesdays off for over a decade.

Just need a server list now so friend logistics can happen.

No, it specifically says “character creation”, so you’ll just make a toon you can’t log into right away.

Sweet. I had my 8 alliance toons picked out for class/race/name (with contingency names) now it looks like I can make three early and save the ones I am only mildly interested in for launch day. Yay Blizz!!

4 Likes

I’m sure some people will, but don’t take it as an indication that you HAVE to in order to get the name you want, or at the very least enjoy classic. I’m sure there’s some post in here claiming it’s the end of the world they have to take fof work to reserve a name.

2 Likes

Please, make one of the server name: Nostalrius.

Would also be nice, to name those server about past developer(who passed away) and did help create WoW.

14 Likes