Name reservations? This is a first

Bornakk, this is the US forums, we get it on Aug 26 remember? At 3 pm.

9 miles off south city…

2 andr… I think I spaced out there for a moment.

6 Likes

I’m surprised they set it to a date where someone who adds game time today and through the next two months (gambling for a Beta invite) won’t have expired just yet. They could have chosen August 20 instead, and not let people take a two-week break from paying.

1 Like

why dont u just tell us if there is oceanic servers for australia or not. stop ghosting us

3 Likes

Hmmmmmmmmm three per account. That’s not many. I’m doubtful at this point I’ll bother with classic but if so I planned to make only one character. However I didn’t plan to play beyond the time of the one token I have left so wasting two weeks just to make a name? Yeah, no. This again is nothing but an attempt to bolster player numbers for their shareholders, and yeah that’s pathetic.

5 Likes

I’ve deliberately told my guildmates not to reserve anything for me. I want no part in this farce. I’ve already made peace with the fact that my principles will lose my my handle.

4 Likes

I will be taking the day off and reserve mine. I mean 10 more years of fun i want my name :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Can Blizzard just stop with all this money grubbing?

Show some good will and stop asking people to pay for subs before the game is out.

It’s seriously not too much to ask to allow this kind of name reservation for everybody without having to pay money for an unreleased game.

22 Likes

** To align with other regions, the Americas character creation will occur slightly ahead of August 13.

Considering WoW Classic opens for the Americas on August 26 6pm ET, I’m going to assume that the above also means that we get name reservation the evening of Aug. 12 when people are actually home.

3 Likes

Don’t play then, seriously, it could have been as late as 2021 based off actual developers experience of the game previously. Whiny babies.

4 Likes

Bornakk why did y’all not use the original realm names? I wanted to find my old friends again. Y’all just robbed me of that. Before anyone says confusion it’s really not hard to figure out if someone is on classic or not.

2 Likes

It’s a way to weasel an extra 2 weeks of sub out of people who are willing to do it. It’s kinda scummy, but it’s not required. If a name is taken, pick a new one. Not that big a deal.

However, it’s also a good way to get a rough estimate of how many people will be returning for Classic before the actual release. This will probably make launch a bit smoother.

4 Likes

I have 2 names i care about. This one is not one of them.

However, i doubt anyone wants the ones i want.

gotta reserve that XxLiquidXBladexX

2 Likes

I will make sure to hit the west coast PVP realms and steal swifty

5 Likes

Pathetic.
Just an excuse to get peoples money.

Activision is still strong in this one.

11 Likes

Disgusting.
Pay BEFORE the game is released in order to get a perk…
My god…

9 Likes

For an extra $15 you get 6 names. For $30 you get 9 names.

Not bad. Not bad at all. :rofl:

5 Likes

Best of luck to anyone trying to snipe a name like Leeroy or Chucknorris. You’ll probably need it.

5 Likes

they mite already have their names reserved…who knows.

Would you rather just not be able to get onto the servers at launch ? This actually is to everyone’s benefit because launch day will be smoother.

If you are so concerned about $15, you probably should be looking for other entertainment.

8 Likes