Why Blizz hasn't announced realm names

We’ll definitely know before. They’ve said they’ll announce the server details before character creation opens up. They know we need to be able to discuss which on, before the list appears in game. But it’ll most likely not be until after the stress test.

1 Like

Not doubting you, but do you know where a link is to that info? I’d like to see that. Thanks.

you think that 12 million people are going to be playing classic? more than the peak sub rate in wow history?

lol, where do people come up with these numbers…

5 Likes

Wishful thinking. It’s the fallacy that because you like something, the rest of the world must like it, too.

Twelve realms will be more than enough.

3 Likes

While I don’t think 12 million will play, I am equally doubful about only 12 servers doing the job.

You have as little insight to stand on as anyone else in this thread.

4 Likes

While we haven’t yet finalized the numbers of realms and realm types for each language, we’ll let you know those details before name reservations start on August 13.

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/french-and-german-realms-for-wow-classic/60051

We’ll have more information on realm names closer to launch, but rest assured—you’ll have plenty of time to figure out your plans for realm domination!

https://eu.forums.blizzard.com/en/wow/t/wow-classic-goes-live-august-27th/49662

5 Likes

Beginning to think that you’re a 0 post troll alt specifically trying to get people angry, given you’ve not responded or done anything else.

1 Like
  • No value in announcing too Soon™

Blizzard said in one of their announcements that sometime early august they are going to let people create characters to reserve names so that is when some realms will be shown or should.

As highlighted above, we will get realms before character creation begins.

3 Likes

No, but there could easily be several million the first week, including everyone who currently plays BFA (the so called “tourists”). Not every server is equally populated. There are high and low pop servers.

And there’s an equal and opposite fallacy that because you don’t like something, the rest of the world must not like it, too.

12 servers will not be enough if they plan on sticking to the promise of removing layering by Phase 2. Say the goal is an average of 10,000 people per server with no layering (which a very high cap). That’s 120,000 people. There will be far more than that playing Classic when Phase 2 hits.

1 Like

Totally not trying to troll or piss people off. Just wanted to see whether anyone else thought it would be cool if Blizz did that.

I’m hoping we get the Server list at least a week prior to the Aug. 13 character creation date, so groups of players coming to Classic together have some time to discuss and correlate where they’re headed.

Even if those groups already know they’re going to a PvP or RP server, knowing if it’s East/West Coast or perhaps picking one that other groups of players they know of will be calling home - all of that takes a few days to sort out, and a week’s seems like the minimum safe amount, in my opinion.

1 Like

That’d be pretty unimaginative because it kinda hurts the fantasy element of it. Who wants to tell their friends they play on “PvP - US East”, what a buzzkill. I don’t think there’s any conspiracy behind reasoning, they probably don’t even have any names yet because lets be real they’re unlikely to really ponder unique names to come up with for long periods and will randomly select unused names either from lore or just make ones up that sound like they’d belong in the warcraft universe. I wouldn’t be shocked if they just used a random name generator based similarly to the formula they’ve got at character creation. Oug’magkar, sounds orcish, bam one server named already.

Also, they already mentioned the name reservation or w/e like a week before launch? Why would we get server names before then? /shrug, but I’d be happy to know the planned names before then if they don’t decide em all in one day.

Im pretty sure they said they’re gonna release server names and all that before august 13th. Also bear in mind that if your in america, servers are most likely gonna be opening up on the 12th.

1 Like

So, I still don’t get how they intend to glean that information. How do you guage the amount of interest in a server that you aren’t offering?
I believe they should number RP-PvP on the list of servers for the 13th. That will provide the information they are looking for. Not offering it provides…nothing.

1 Like

I just want realm names announced ASAP so I we collectively can start planning First Day guilds and RP groups.

As do we all, but making threads complaining about the lack of that info isn’t really going to speed up the process. In the coming 3-4 weeks we will be getting that info. My guild already has a discord setup and a voting system in place for everyone to take part in.

(Shameless plug) If your interested in joining a chill group of players wanting to play classic be social and have fun while raiding add me on Discord. Guild name is Virtue on Alliance and were accepting anyone who wants to join. Socials are also welcomed.

Discord: Andrew#4323

Very possible. You’ve got whatever the current WoW sub numbers are (1-1.5 million probably) who are given Classic for free. Then you’ve got all the ex-WoW players…tens of millions. Plus people who’ve never played. The possible pool of players is MASSIVE.