[N Event] Assembly of the White Tiger

I just really wanted to share this somewhere.

Iā€™m pretty sure I put this in the last thread as well. A compilation of Zatoichi being awesome.

Found a video of Sumo training.

There were two others but theyā€™re close to an hour long.

Another bump to kick off the new month. Weā€™re mere weeks away now. Also hereā€™s some videos of Shinto Muso Ryu Jo.

On a related note Steelpawā€™s Imperial Tournament is the day before the Assembly. Feel free to check that out.

I swear it is only a coincidence that Iā€™m pushing it on one of my Steelpaw characters.

A sparring video, because why not?

Hereā€™s a showcase of techniques from the Gladiatoria system.

Also, since I canā€™t remember if I have or havenā€™t on this thread, I want to leave a quick reminder to stock up on Elixir of Tongues. I may be able to provide some but Iā€™d strongly suggest not counting on that.

A video on halfswording to celebrate the end of the week.

Some Bajiquan applications.

ā€¦ 4pm. Guh. Iā€™d need to be up at 7am for thatā€¦ but this ks exactly what Dao-Yi wants to improve. The decisionsā€¦

1 Like

Last night while looking for a decent quality short video actually demonstrating fighting techniques with fans I came across something I had never heard of. ā€œEight Drunken Immortals Swordā€. In other words tai chi style jian (straight sword) techniques combined with drunken boxing movements. Thereā€™s a couple of old low-rez video on youtube of a very young Jet Li back in his days as an athlete demonstrating it. Some other masters as well. Iā€™d love to see the technique used in a free sparring video, or in a wuxia film. Like that scene in True Legend, except with swords instead of jars of alcohol.

ā€œDear Blizzard: give us ā€˜cosmetic animations setsā€™. Iā€™d love to have a Windwalker wielding swords ā€˜4 Drunken Celestialsā€™ style.ā€ Just sayinā€™.

2 Likes

A Shaolin staff demonstration.

Hereā€™s a short video of Tameshigiri.

Some Saber fighting.

Got something a bit more obscure; speculative works on Historical African Martial Arts, particularly Dambe and the Shotel.

A couple of short videos of fan forms:

ā€œWudang Happy Fan Formā€ is the best Iā€™ve found so far for showing what it might actually look like in combat even though itā€™s just the practice form done at full speed:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XM7SnpEDNCY

It can be hard to see the subtleties of what heā€™s doing, so hereā€™s one where the moves are done slowly - tai chi style. Itā€™s also got each move labeled with the traditional name. Might be some inspiration in those for IC names or descriptions.

ā€œ52 Fan Form Namesā€
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=NBFbA4aiRgE

A fighting fan would have the ends of the ribs sharpened. So it may be easier to understand what the fighter is doing by thinking of the closed fan as a sword parrying or stabbing, while the open fan is slicing or else functioning as a small shield.

@Yonara I hope the Assembly is popular enough to go on for a couple of hours or so. OTOH ā€¦ If possible could Kunboā€™s presentation be placed early enough in the order to allow him to leave by 6:30 & prepare the teahouse for the evening event he hosts ?

1 Like

No problem at all.

Ten more days, folks!