[N Event] Assembly of the White Tiger

Rumors have arisen of the appearance of Pandaren Warriors clad in white, visiting teachers of the martial arts throughout the territories of the Alliance, the Horde and beyond. They speak of a great gathering in the jungles of Felaras; a meeting in honor of the lost legacy of Klannoc Macleod, promising great martial knowledge to those who heed the call.

A bag of lacquered tokens is left with these instructors as proof; requested to be passed to those wishing to contribute.

When: October 20th, 4:00 P.M Server Time (subject to change pending certain conflicts)

Where: The Maul, Dire Maul

What:

The Assembly of the White Tiger is a seminar intended for the largely (and perhaps arguably) mundane fighters of Azeroth to share and discuss their martial knowledge and philosophies to the like minded.

In interest of efficiency speakers will have to apply beforehand. Desired topics are as follows. The order listed is also how I plan to present them:

Individual Martial Techniques

Martial Strategies

Related Philosophies

War Poetry and Similar Works.

There is currently no hard limit on how long any of these can be. Be mindful of the time these things may take to post, however; including questions asked in addition to lessons. I also highly suggest pre-writing your stuff.

Live combat was never planned as an official part of the event but attendees are obviously free to partake afterwards.

If you’ve seen my interest check thread you’ll know that this event is intended as a Warrior and Monk Summit primarily. If you haven’t seen that thread well…there you go.

Folks looking to contribute:

Simply post in this thread the IC and OOC names of the character you wish to use along with the category of your contribution. I also suggest italicizing it for added clarity.

And of course I’ll be looking out for questions and things of that nature.

8 Likes

So, I’m taking another shot at this; hopefully better timed than before.

I also have it on my calendar in game, so if you think that will help feel free to request an invite.

Like before I plan to have ic representatives for those who may want to rp things pertaining to the event; inductions, information etc. This time they’ll be Yanyue (Alliance) as Lu Mui and Wentungmei (Horde) once more as Liangyu.

1 Like

IC: Kunbo Kettleclaw OOC: Kunbo
Monk (semi-retired) & Jihui Master

Related Philosophies : " Jihui at War: Opponents are not Enemies"

1 Like

Rip wish i could come but I’ll be out of town that day I’m pretty sure

IC : Or’grak OOC : Sojudk
Fallen War-sage of the Warsong and Harbinger of the Unholy arts for the Ebon Blade.
Martial Strategies. : "Warfare of the Raiders."
War Poetry and Similar Works. : "The Hunter and the Wolf."

I thought I’d use a few videos to bump the thread in place of relevant things to say.

2 Likes

Do you guys plan to host more? I would love to come to the next one!

I haven’t decided if I’ll do it again after this. I suppose it depends on reception. I’m certainly not opposed to doing it multiple times, however.

1 Like

A bump to kick off the new week. Here’s a video on Chinese swordsmanship.

1 Like

Hello! I have put your event of the event calendar. IT is here if you want to check it out for correctness: đź”– [Bookmark] Roleplay Event Calendar

Cheers! :cow2:

1 Like

Excellent!

1 Like

For no reason at all I have decided use one of my Nelves for this bump. Also here’s a Hema video.

I wanted to leave a short reminder for any potential contributors to apply on the thread so I know who to expect; for efficiency. Also here’s a Nami Ryu video; about as short as this very post.

Behold! Another bump to kick off the new week. Also another Nami Ryu video.

Got nothing to say again. But what I do have is Tendo Ryu.

I’m running out of videos I don’t have to look hard for to bump the thread with.

“They may be tubby around the midsection but they are strong men with fast reflexes & incredible balance”. Sounds like Pandaren to me.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EMANOt2Jw88

Sumo may not seem like a martial art at first glance, but think about learning how to withstand a charging opponent’s impact with thousands of pounds of force … & those are the humans. Now think about a Kul Tiran’s size compared to a Pandaren …

1 Like

I’ve always had an appreciation for Sumo. There was an old documentary I saw that showed a bit of how they train; the dedication involved is pretty impressive overall.

Came across the segment from an old video on Katori Shinto Ryu. This one shows the sword drawing kata, iai and batto; distinguished here by starting positions.

There’s a group that hosts a monthly Jed’hin tournament. OTOH I’ve always thought that there must be some wrasslin’ going on in Valley of the Four Winds even if only on the down low.

A demo of either one might be a fun presentation for someone to make in the Martial Techniques category.