Mythic Return To Karazhan Starts After Menagerie

(Reposted from the Tech forum per one of the MVP’s)

Original post:

Went to run Mythic Kara tonight and when I entered the side door, it instantly ported me to the second “floor” after the Menagerie instead of starting me outside of the Opera Hall to do the Opera boss first.

I ran down the Broken Stair to the entrance where Khadgar is standing and left the raid. I then re-entered the raid and it once again put me AFTER the Menagerie. What’s the deal? This is the second week this has happened.

New Post:

Went into Kara today, mythic and the same thing has happened, it starts me on the second “phase” after the Menagerie. I can’t seem to find anything about a lockout either, so I don’t think it’s that since I never set one.

edit So, against my better judgement, I decided to run Kara to get the crystals to summon Nightbane and while I was collecting crystals, I did not get the timer. I picked up the keys from Moroes and upon exiting to the Master’s Terrace, Medivh was not there to speak to in order to summon Nightbane. Was this removed from the game?

1 Like

Can it be because you once ran a key of Kara and you never reseted instance? Just throwing idea in the wind. The menagerie split happened when they made kara heroic and mythic+ possible.

And afaik Nightbane should still be obtainable. But aren’t you supposed to be 5 to get it? edit : I quickly read. Nightbane is 20% per toons so if you solo, you might not get it.

1 Like

It has been a bug since 8.3 hit. I could not get the timer to start the other day when I ran a friend through it (who had never ever been to the dungeon). And we did get ported to the second part (after Curator) when we zoned in.

Some people on Wowhead have had success in getting the timer to appear, but we never could.

It looks like we’re aware of the issue, Jeolene, and we hope to have a hotfix in place as soon as we can.

4 Likes

It hasn’t been removed, I can guarantee that; there have been multiple guildies of mine that have received the mount in 8.3.

Unfortunately, I never heard them speak of problems such as the OP had.

In this thread, they said it was fixed in February; one person did report the bug in June. Nothing since.

Apparently if you have a toon with stealth you can work around this bug. I know, not much help for your warrior … but maybe a potion or something? Check comments in that thread.

1 Like