Mythic+ requires changes

One thing I was thinking about is a “Scrap mechanic”

Basically, if someone gets a piece of gear Veteran gear to 606 or Champaion gear to 619 they can “scrap it” for an amount of the next tier of crests. This gives players a slow progression underlying every run they do in the game to upgrade the gear that they have pushed into.

You could even tie it to the game with goblin/gnome RP.

2 Likes

No. And, it’s not your fault. You have nothing to win and everything to lose. It’s one of the reasons I don’t do keys. I don’t want to be responsible for screwing up a key for somebody else while I learn.

I genuinely have no idea why keys get bricked. Simply getting rid of that mechanic would make Mythics A LOT more fun. Add a few QoL improvements for key exchanges (or simply let people CHOOSE which content they want to do), and suddenly you have a much friendlier system.

There would be some minor challenges, but nothing that can’t be fixed with a few changes.

The devs have rethought their approach to the entire game, but they still haven’t changed Mythics to the “make it fun” approach that they seem to have taken with every other element in the game.

So you want all these players to quit now.

What should blizzard change to make this happen? This is the logical consequence of changes to the game. You can’t just expect the entire playerbase (or the majority of those who previously participated before these changes) to experience a mass attitude transplant.

Next to nobody is asking for the best gear in the game from lower difficulty content. But I agree that they have attracted a weird subset of gamers like you, who pontificate about what’s wrong with other people who aren’t willing to do what you won’t do yourself.

A lot of people, those who have been affected by these changes, would agree with you.

I disagree. I think they are trying to repeat the Great Cata Experiment, to make the entire playerbase turn into elites who will vet and hire other elites for their esports teams, while pretending they are lifelong friends. They will double down before they back off. Of course it will fail again.

1 Like

I think you should be able to scrap crests from gear just baseline. That’s a good suggestion

1 Like

That’s … What … I said

They’re not simply gonna make mythic track gear drop from M+ unless they also want to throwaway gear progression at mythic track level. Gear at mythic track level is a way for people that progress through the patch so they get slowly stronger over time. They’re free to instead make the great vault give you a mythic track slot if you do a +10, +12 and +14 instead of being able to do 8x+10s which is what raiding has to do this would also make later levels of M+ more rewarding because you gotta account that M+ is also very rewarding with it’s unlimited crests and hero track loot and mythic track vault slot.

Adding gilded crests to delves in a reliable manner would simply make delves way too attractive for people pushing other endgame pillars, delves are already very rewarding for the level of content with some of my alts already being 610+ from it only and without having crafted 4 crafted 619 piece which I could with the free renown/campain crests.

I don’t really care for valorstones and I’m sure a lot of people don’t know why that currency even exist.

Gilded crests need to be lowered because they are the gateway to people progressing their hero track gear. Right now doing an 8 is a meaningless key.

1 Like

I’d rather they simply change the gear format.
Champion 600-613
Hero 613-626
Mythic 626-639

And then make it so you only need the crest from the track to upgrade your gear.
Make it simple and make it work.

3 Likes

That “gateway” will always exist even if it’s lowered.

Lower it to +8, what about people unable to do a 7? or 6 ? or 5 etc. What makes 8 so special?

That works too but, in that case, you would need to change with runed crests are dropped no? Because then players would receive heroic crests at +4s

No, people can bludgeon content with gear as if that solves anything.

(It likely won’t.)

The issue with this is two fold.

First, a lot of players will never accept the key level they hold is over their head and they should seek to lower it. Regardless how that person came into possession of such a key, they will be creating noise amongst other keys of that level in LFG when players seek out the next key they want to join. Whether the person intentionally is seeking a carry from unsuspecting players or simply doesn’t know better, this will result in a lot of frustration from players getting into a key where the leader is ill equipped to perform at the requisite level. And then to make matters worse, after enough time running they will likely get a group that is able to carry them, at which point they will repeat the process one key level up, for the entirety of the season.

The second challenge is that this would remove the self-correcting difficulty setting that the current keystone system uses. A group can always run the key that comes out of their last run for a reasonably appropriate difficulty level. When your group is above the key you run, you’ll time it (possibly even +2 or +3); when it’s not, you fail to time and the system knocks you down a level until you can time it. This takes the guesswork out of what level key a group should run that would be engaging without being frustratingly difficult.

I don’t think people should lower keys.
Run it on a high key, likely fail, learn something in the process. And, you might succeed.

Yea you’d simply make it so crests drop at the level of the gear track drop for most of it, till you hit the 9-10s levels.

+8 is where there is currently no incentive to run. Everything other step has an incentive for the increased difficulty:

7? You get hero gear now.

9? You get gilded crests.

10? You get portals and a effect.

8’s really are meaningless and because of that players don’t sign up for them. Any player pugging has an extremely hard time finding players for a +8 - and when the do - timing it.

Another great suggestion today. The forums are on fire

But if you lower it to +8, there’s no incentive to run +9.

Many can’t see the forest through the trees. They will advocate for changes that causes half the population to decline, and then be back on forums whining how the game is dead, there isn’t content, the economy sucks, can’t make gold…and all the other things that happens when population declines.

I don’t know why anyone feels that item level should be exclusive when gear gets replaced so fast. Its the mount, titles, achieves, and armory/raiderio profile that matter in the long term.

1 Like

I don’t hate that. You have progression “buckets”. I think the +8 crest drop is being made in following Blizzards implicit desire to smooth the progression curve.

but I thought players wanted hard content for the challenge? That’s what I’ve been hearing anyway. Not for the gear, its for the glory!