Mythic+ Progression Changes Now Live and More Coming Soon

If only some classes werent still in it

Change challengers peril.
Make it ramping per player not the whole group. ie. 5 sec first death 10 sec 2nd (per player) with a 15 sec cap.
Gives people a little room for error, no room for repeated errors

2 Likes

These are good changes. I feel like having gilded in +8 allows a more reasonable path of progression, at least to max out hero gear, while still keeping myth track locked behind difficult content.

Probably, but with the current top keys being 14 you’re getting close to R1 title level. A lot of the people failing 14’s are already 631+

2 Likes

This was a move that will revive M+8 a bit, while I think we should go back to the reward thresholds from Dragonflight - especially with the existence of Delves which kinda destroys the point of M+ 2-6.

M+6 is a good level for slowly increasing one’s inventory - that of Heroic (as the last two upgrade levels recall already require Glited Crests, which may be beyond the reach of HC players) - because M+6 is the Heroic Raid level.

I encourage you to read my thread on the proposed more extensive changes around Mythic+

I never said it was. gg

The system that I described worked that way in SL, too.

1 Like

GG, df s1 m+20 gave the best gear.

So we agree.

That’s all I’m asking for.

The problem with M+ in terms of its challenge to raiding and loot, isn’t THE LOOT, really. It’s the AMOUNT of loot. That you can run an endlessly run M+, it has no lockouts. But Raiding does.

The real reward from M+, the Mythic track item that seems to be the issue here, is only a CHANCE item! Do we need to review just the posts on these forums of how many bracers, belts, and capes show up in everyone’s GV week after week? lol Or really how any slot can be a victim of “well dang… I already have this.”

What good is your Mythic item now??

How that part of M+ worked was fine, it broke nothing. Have just a chance at … A SINGLE piece of Mythic-track loot (that still needs to be upgraded!) …

…ONCE A WEEK…

is the VERY DEFINITION of “progression.”

We have 15/16 slots to acquire. So if you get ZERO repeats (statistically unlikely), it would take FIFTEEN WEEKS to get full Mythic-track (un-upgraded). Again-- that’s PROGRESSION.

Especially when I had a guy on a recent thread berating me because I didn’t have my AOTC … in WEEK 2.

If you don’t see all the elitism going on around here over moving Mythic-track to +10s, we’re reading different boards or you are just outright ignoring it.

3 Likes

Acting like raids don’t have wasteful loot.

1 Like

But raid loot wasn’t in question. Raiding Heroic doesn’t give Mythic-track loot.

That argument is nothing.

So, M+ should not give mythic track items whatsoever for equivalence, you know?

Is your goal to reinvent the entire argument, or just mine? lol

esp when I never said that.

Why are you saying heroic raid doesn’t drop mythic track loot as if it was some sort of rebuttal?

It doesn’t drop mythic track loot at all, therefore, because m+ is heroic difficulty (likely less vs end bosses.) Then it should also not drop mythic track in vault.

Move mythic to m+12, and have it drop both end of dungeon and vault.

The thing is that’s trying to hide all the advantages of M+, most raiders still run M+ because of those advantages and it is designed so people are advantaged to run both content. I did play M+ mostly only for DF S3 and I managed to be within 1-2 ilvl of the best geared people as I joined a mythic raid group really late, being able to get 3 mythic vault slot really early and unlimited crests is still a pretty good thing on it’s own.

I think people say something is elitist way too easily on the forums.

1 Like

You think Ulgrax, Sikran, Rasha, Kyveza … are harder than +8?

lol okay.

We each have an opinion on that, for sure.

Sounds like we agree on about 90% or more on this issue.

For these boards, I’ll call that a good day.

Enjoy. :slight_smile:

Why are you leaving out broodtwister?

I did wipe way more than in a +8 on those bosses and completed +10s with the same ilvl as I completed some of the mythic first bosses. While for sure I’ll give that this raid has too many easy bosses, it’s been one of the complaint of many.

My explanation, I would expect, would immediately change the discussion.

One boss, plus or minus, doesn’t really change my point (or yours).

I left out Bloodbound, too and you didn’t mention that.

It’s enough to say: to make my point, I didn’t need to list every boss. I just needed to prove that there was more than just one “easy” boss in this tier (easier than a +8). And … there most certainly is.

But m+ is repeatable, raid is not.

It would perhaps be good design so that raid is easier than m+, plus accounting for organizational difficulty.

We also need to compare stuff with a +7 now. not 8.