Mythic plus ruined this game

Not to mention keys being random, take longer for reward than any raid boss, require vault to maximum item level rewards, and is much harder to target specific items from.

There are honestly a lot more differences between raid and M+ that people don’t consider when trying to do a direct comparison between the two. While I 100% agree M+ rewards need to be moved up the key scale to better align the difficulties, the people trying to reach a conclusion of which one is harder usually miss many of the differences that come into play.

This is a double-edged sword though. If I look to PUG my key, I am putting at stake 30 minutes of my time using an item that is random and thus I may not see again this week. As the key goes higher, the requirements for my party to meet in order to complete the key, much less time it, go up exponentially. At some point, giving me information to try to find the most likely group to be successful makes for a far better experience for everyone than for me to have to take a flyer on the first 4 people who sign up of the roles I need.

Yes, it is information that many use to tear down others, and I do wish there were a way to avoid that. But to not make the information publicly available will greatly lower the realistic level that even above average groups will be able to reliably PUG. Many of those players that might get declined from groups that are above where their history would indicate they could succeed in won’t have a key to sign up in the first place as more key communities where membership requires some amount of vetting would pop up for players that want to push higher but don’t have a steady 5 to always run with.

1 Like

:man_shrugging:

I doubt I’d even be playing without M+. But that’s kind of sad to note actually.

That WoW was so bad Diablo had to save it is unfortunate.

I enjoy mythic plus, but raiding loot should be stronger than m+ until like 15-20 keys. Raiding is a bigger time commitment.

Exactly!!! If M+ is the only thing keeping you playing WoW, then that is just sad panda.

If you think M+ is the only thing keeping this game alive, then that is sad panda.

Imagine advocating for the continuation of the developers just sitting on their butts using 8 dungeons to keep players busy for entire “seasons”

Blizzard needs a wake up call, because this design is BORING!!!

They don’t do this because 95% of the players would absolutely hate this idea. They actually like that they can do different things to achieve common progression.

1 Like

It ruined the game. Nobody deserves the gear or rewards they’ve obtained through m+ since Legion. Garbage system, reinforced the garbage community to be even more garbage.

1 Like

I mean we saw the alternative for 12 years, which was nothing but raid for PVE players. Why is there any reason to believe we would have gotten something different if Blizzard did away with M+?

1 Like

by nature of what m+ is, we need to be judgemental. if I’m building a key for a 12, I need to know that the people I’m inviting have relevant experience.

is io perfect? no. but it’s the best metric we have for making those decisions on who to invite from a sea of faceless strangers.

why though? m+ is fun. probably the best thing to happen to wow in over a decade.

1 Like

Arenas ruined PvP - esports.
M+ ruined dungeons - esports.
Mythic raiding being designed for the RWF ruined raiding - esports.

Find the real problem.

2 Likes

Your attitude

3 Likes

So…PvP has been ruined since TBC?

Yes, TBC actually has the worst PvP in WoW outside of SoD.

1 Like

“I don’t like something, am I out of touch? no, it’s the esports who are wrong”

1 Like

Yeah dungeons were great when we… checks notes

Ran them for a few weeks at the start of the expansion and then raid logged for 2 years unless we needed badges.

4 Likes

Because increasing a useless number(m+ score) is “content”.
Because increasing ilvl (another useless number) is content.
Because doing the same content, but with bigger numbers on 15 difficulties is content.

WoW has never, and never will, have content.

This is content:
https://www.bg-wiki.com/ffxi/Endgame_Progression_Guide

1 Like

so it’s only content if you like it?

nice

1 Like

I blame Death Knights
Or was it Demon Hunters?
I forget

A team player for whom?

No, 100% of WoW’s end game(even PvP now…) is just “make number go up XD” besides Mythic raiding(which I don’t like, but is at least content).

“Make number go up” isn’t content.

M+ wasn’t fun in D3, and it’s not fun in WoW.
It’s the bare minimum content you can possibly put into your game, catering to an extremely small minority of people who have a fascination with making a number go up.

1 Like

What makes the act of “increasing one’s character level” content within the framework of this assertion?

1 Like