Mythic plus ruined this game

I seem to not like the xpacs where if you want to do the hardest content in raiding, you also need to do 8 mythic plus weekly to be competitive like in shadowlands and dragonflight. While also making m plus hard. Mythic plus is not even hard necessarily to just cap out what’s needed for raiding. Just another social issue to get 5 capable players online to complete it. In legion, an xpac everyone seems to like there was only 1 shot at mythic level dungeon gear in the weekly chest. Which was also not great. But to me, lets say there’s 70 pieces of available loot in the weekly from dungeons, having a 1/70, then a 1/69 and then a 1/68 chance at the piece of loot you really want for 8 times the time investment feels just as bad or worse.

19 Likes

Clearly the only solution is to delete raiding.

38 Likes

you know i couldnt agree more

3 Likes

except m+ has become nothing but easier and easier over time.

5 Likes

M+ rewards need to be tempered, while raiding rewards need to be drastically increased.

25 Likes

If M+ loot is so vanishingly rare, why do you need to fill the vault to “stay competitive” (whatever you mean by that)?

1 Like

If you not filling your vault at least early on, you are not doing everything you can to be a team player.

4 Likes

So a pressure you’re entirely imposing on yourself? How is this M+'s fault?

Game’s always had a gearing-up process early on where you’re doing stuff outside of raid to get your character up to speed. Only difference is that now the “outside raid” activities actually stay relevant beyond the first week of a tier. I don’t see how that has “ruined the game.”

4 Likes

No no no. Obviously the solution is to delete dracthyr.

5 Likes

Your title should be “mythic plus ruined raid gearing” and I agree

8 Likes

My problem with mythic+ has been with dungeon design and RNG. It’s supposed to be a pillar of endgame and not a stepping stone into raids. You can raid without doing mythic+ but I can’t guarantee your spot in the raid unless you have decent gear beforehand.

Delves might help you get geared for normal raids idk.

1 Like

Mythic raid

Mythic plus

LFR

Dungeon finder

All have one common rhetoric ruined the game. When in fact it benefited the game in the long run. Some of you hate it because it will somehow create bloat when it creates content and not lulls.

4 Likes

I can’t make it any more clear for you. To fully be a team player in a mythic raid team you have to do this help prog the guild. this did not exist before shadowlands. but before shadowlands there was mythic raiding. just now there even more to do. im sorry i didnt title it better for you, im sure that wasn’t honed in good enough for u i apologize. i should of titled it mythic plus ruined raiding

The hardest part of this game is the community. I’ve decided it’s not fun nor worth it to engage anymore so I’ve been doing quest . Best decision for myself, suddenly the elitists crap is gone from the game.

11 Likes

If all we had was raiding for gear after all these yrs you think the game would be better? Imagine 20 yrs of nothing but raiding.

3 Likes

Not that I think this is the solution but I’ve always wondered why PvP gear has an ilvl rating for PvP and PvE, yet they don’t treat raid vs mythic+ gear the same.

M+ gear drops 300ilvl inside M+, 250 inside raid.
Raid gear drops 300ilvl inside raid, 250 inside M+.

2 Likes

They need to fix raiding first before even thinking about removing m+ also the end dungeon rewards are not near what they were in BFA and SL. You could essentially be fully geared by just running 18s back then now your essentially heroic level gear and only get to pick 1 item in the vault

Raids take way too long you gotta spend 4-5-6 hrs just to raid more so if your pugging. In 2024 the majority of the players don’t want to waste that kinda time. And the hardest part of raiding is the time sync and hoping your group is somewhat coordinated

4 Likes

If you’re raiding Mythic, you aren’t having any problems getting M+ done.

You were grinding M+ all the way back in Legion just to get your weapon beefy and for legendary RNG.

I think Mythic plus is guilty of limiting the way they can create new dungeons. There’s likely a lot of fun dungeons that could be made but when M+ is applied it has to be adjusted with optimal routing in mind.

3 Likes

ultimately i agree with you. its just it ruined the game for me the way i play it. i forgot i need to be incredibly specific in here. that is a nice shareholder take those things are great for the community overall. what like 2% of players even touch mythic raids? idk what the number is. ultimately i am upset that if i want to raid in a 20 man team and if im not capping 8 plus 8’s in the game every week it puts me in a position that im not doing everything i can to help prog the guild. its that time investment that didnt exist before that i dont want to do.