Mythic+ made me quit

Blizzard also keeps lowering the bar to get KSM. It’s just a participation trophy at this point.

2 Likes

Did this happen to you buddy?

I have a 2500 rating (I know, I know; its not impressive and I suck) and I am 100% inclined to believe that M+ needs to be removed from the game to fix/save WoW.

1 Like

To raid and play god comp (Warlocks/Unholy DKs if it’s Wrath, Warriors if it’s Era) and cringe brainless PvE encounters?

Good god NO!!! I am 40 now. My twitch reflexes are much lower and I spend MUUUUUUUUUCH less time in game… wow is a great game, but to spend as much time as I used to in it, I think it was pretty bad. I am not saying people should not be free to choose to spend as much time as they like in game. do think wow has too many logistical constraints that gate content though (more so than the difficulty does - with the exception of Mythic which is genuinely challenging content for the most part).

1 Like

M+ was cool in like Legion. Keys could deplete and you needed to get people to run it with you to undeplete it. It would be pretty hard to find a group to run a depleted key as well, this meant there was a more stable economy to it. Someone couldn’t just fail a key and beg for a carry in lfg because it was depleted instead of just a -1 rank on the keystone. This balanced it. Now the flood gates are open, just spam it with no care in the world to get your basically free box and carries.

and i know lots of people who get aotc before me but don’t get ksm until the end of the season, or don’t get it at all. therefore m+ must be harder than raiding.

2 Likes

Yeah, there are definitely other factors at play. I like raiding but it’s hard to find a guild doing it at a time slot I have availability. And then I need to make sure they have openings, especially for my preferred role: Tank. M+ provides the challenging content in an easier to consume format, using a schedule that is largely tailored to my availability.

I haven’t gotten AOTC since some of BFA. That’s also when I last did some Mythic raiding and PvP arena.

1 Like

I’m 52 and doing Cutting Edge mythic raiding. /shrug

3 Likes

No it isn’t. The actual solution is even simpler.

Get rid of this M+ garbage.

1 Like

Well, that would work for me, and presumably you, but seems a bit extreme and would leave a lot of other people out in the cold.

(It would also return 5-man dungeons to being a pointless waste of development time, to the point where they’d probably have to be removed entirely. The whole point of M+ was to make actual long-term use of dungeons, since for years they were just something people did a couple times and then ignored the rest of the expansion.)

Great solution - cut out 20% of the entire WoW playerbase just because you got upset that PvE is now available all week rather than whenever raid night is on

Seriously, grow up

1 Like

I feel like M+ would be better if they drastically changed the dungeons rather than just throwing affixes on mobs and seeing what works. That’s how you get FH and that place was a :poop: show

Fixed that for you.

2 Likes

How would you feel about getting rid of the timer?

i.e if you can complete the dungeon you get the reward… similar to raiding. No more rush meta… (you would need suitable enrage timers on bosses so you can’t 5 tank dungeons)

That’s not M+'s fault.

Raid isn’t some shining example of difficult mechanics compared to M+. Like ease up, raid isn’t that special. The most difficult part is finding the people capable of doing it that also want to do it, and that they consistently show up.

It is sunday though, so prob wasting my time.

That’s why valor existed. You were incentivized to continue doing 5 mans which would still contribute to raiders while simultaneously getting said raiders to help the more casual players who were gearing in dungeons or people with alts.

Take your own advice and come back when you mature enough to have the mental capacity to get all that, you tool.

Yes it is. At least the original difficulty (currently called Mythic).

Blizzard has continually added easier and easier raiding difficulties over the years, starting with normal in Wrath (now called Heroic because they added an even easier version after that, in MoP).

Should Blizzard get rid of some of the easier difficulties? Yeah, probably. I didn’t used to think so, but it’s pretty clear at this point that they’ve just rotted peoples’ brains, like the WOW equivalent of the Kardashians or Jerry Springer.

M+ is what’s keeping a lot of people in the game. It will very much do the opposite of fix/save WoW.

Thread is so toxic

Overwhelmingly for some reason m+ lovers can’t understand how it also chases a lot of players away, that the system is pretty toxic and would have a very tough time surviving if it wasn’t the easiest path to better pve gear

It is grind instead of content with the most powerful carrot imaginable