Mythic+ Key Leaver Solution

And I’ve the opposite, many times, I’ve a +18/+19 specific dungeon that I want to time for score and the tank does a bad pull, then a DPS or Healer left because we got 3-5 deaths. Now, I’ve a lower key that doesn’t provide score or any sort of progress.

I’ve been in a lot of keys and the only time I’ve seen someone leave is when stuff goes south. Real bad south.

I’m also guessing people leave if they feel like they’re the only one pulling their weight. No doubt I’ll get a random leaver eventually, but on the anecdotal statistics side, I haven’t seen it yet.

1 Like

Just popping in to remind us all that a downranked key is not the end of the world, and the solution to leavers is to communicate with your group ahead of time.

not come up with systems that would make m+ grouping awful. like the one in the OP.

2 Likes

More likely scenario : it was a perfectly fine pull and 3-5 deaths on that pull is indicative of a key that’s not going anywhere.

Key begins, person A makes an abundance of mistakes. Person B, who would normally just leave, is now locked in the key and begins raging and verbally attacking person A who, by the way, also can’t leave the key.

I’m starting to think people who make these threads should have their forum privileges revoked.

Turn off chat in pugs.

Exactly, now you’ve a lower key because you picked the wrong elements for a run, now you must pick new players and hope the key it’s timed, so you can get a new key that maybe you won’t need because its a dungeon that you already timed. There’s a lot of variables when you try to progress just your score, I usually prefer a whole 5 man premade group but sometimes I only have 2 friends and we must invite pug players and that’s a lottery.

Genius. Not like M+ requires coordination. What’s your next brilliant idea, no casted abilities in keys to make up for the lack of kick coordination?

And ?

Failure is part of gaming.

Great incentive to properly vet people you invite uh ?

I remember dying over and over again in Contra and restarting at level 1 when I ran out of Continues.

It’s how men of steel are forged.

If you are using chat for planning and comms you are already seeting yourself up for failure.

Nothing about chat in mythic+ is usefule except if you arr interested in the drama.

The most successful PUG runs are always the ones where nobody says a word.

Yeah generally the first thing I do when I join a M+ group to push is ignore everyone in the group.

Gotta turn off chat.

1 Like

True, let me try again at the same level instead of wasting time reaching the same dungeon in the same level with all the RNG involve to reach back that level to overcome.

Tell me you don’t actually run without telling me.

I use chat to ask the healer if he’s ok with the bigger pulls of a more optimized route or if I need to play smaller pulls and make up time somewhere else.

I also use it to indicate when I want non-standard lust timings.

Or who is kicking what spider in SMBG, to prevent the only mechanic that’s hurtful in there from going off.

1 Like

I mean, sounds more like you just wanna play a game by yourself. If you like a challenge I’d recommend Elden Ring or Sekiro.

Your first move should be getting everyone into a discord voice chat.

In game chat is only a tool used for drama.

The key assassin

1 Like

If you were really serious you would use voice chat.

To coordinate a single kick ?

Why ?

Also, why not post on your druid ? Why swap ? Too many hot takes got you on too many ignore lists ?

The only solution is to pretty much axe M+ all together if you want a permanent solution to the toxic player base. Each system that’s suggested has a glaring flaw to it that trolls will take full advantage of. The depletion system was probably the best system we had for keys failing, yet the issue was no one would do the run if no gear dropped.

The only solution is to rip keys out of the game entirely, otherwise it’s just you have to deal with pugs being pugs at this point. I use black list to sift out the problem ones which has worked pretty well, although I’ve run into a couple that have name changed that were extra problematic, wonder why they ever had to do that.

I do feel like something should be done, yet everything comes at a hefty cost and can simply makes things worse than they already are.

Firstly because it humanizes the party of players you are engaing with

Secondly, your real time comms are more efficient and effective

Thirdly, you can quickly clarify information on the fly.

If you are using chat to communicate with your party you are making the decision to choose an inferior tool.