Mythic+ Key Leaver Solution

I generally don’t have this problem because I run most of my keys with guildies but I see a lot of people complaining about this topic.

Here’s my solution:

• Key are no longer bound to any particular dungeon
  • To activate a Mythic+ dungeon, every member of the party needs to contribute a key
  • Players who bail out of a run incur an additional penalty to their key
  • Players who complete the run its business as usual
  • Players who time the run its business as usual

This way, every player in the party has made an investment. Runs that are abandoned by the players still counts as a failure and the key gets decreased BUT the incentive is now for players not to leave and to complete the run.

4 Likes

Sadly, this is something that can’t be changed without hitting innocent people in the crossfire.

6 Likes

Blizzard has already made a statement against this. They do not want people to selectively spam run certain dungeons.

This will only harm the pug community.

9 Likes

innocent people are going to get hit in the crossfire no matter what happen. This, at least, makes sure that everyone makes an investment in the outcome rather then just one player.

I’m telling you it’s always the same suggestions that will end up killing higher key pugging.

8 Likes

You stated yourself that you are not a pugger, so how can you speak to what’s best for everyone?

9 Likes

How does all players making an investment of the key “kill” higher key pugging?

What if we want to all leave the key because it’s bricked. We all regress? What if I’m in a group, an organized group, we have a +20 key, and we brick the +20, now we have 5 +19 keys? Instead of going into a different +20?

woohoo. infinite homework keys. sounds like a blast.

13 Likes

I stated that it would be business as usual.

Indeed. You all make the investment to do your best in the run. If you choose not to, or to leave early for whatever reason, you incur a penalty.

Don’t run a key if you don’t really want to invest in it?

:man_shrugging:

Everyone is clearly invested in the +20.

The key gets messed up.

Now we have 5 +19s instead of having 4 +20s and 1 +19.

This kills pushing groups.

13 Likes

Yes.

Failure is an option for everyone instead of just one person you get to screw over.

And thank you for proving my point.

5 Likes

It sounds like you dont’ want to invest in the keys you are running which is the problem people are complaining about.

No, I think that people are invested and don’t want to do a homework +19 key when they can just go into a different +20 key.

Also how would this even work in pugs.

Would everyone have to have the same level key? What a nightmare.

2 Likes

It would incur a logistical cost… but nothing is free.

Currently, what you want to save is the ability to screw over a single player.

That seems to provide its own logistical cost where players can screw each other over. Not your key, not your problem.

No I just legit don’t understand how this would work.

You’d need to find 5 people that also have a +20 key just to do a +20 key?

What if your friends are like +16 players and your key is a +20

generally yes.

Alright great, so I can’t play with my friends anymore because they aren’t at the +20 level yet.

Sounds like a blast.

3 Likes

It’s pretty easy to get keys these days.

Perhaps it coudl be modified by the idea that higher keys can run with lower keys but you get no benefit from sucess in lower keys if you used a higher key to activate the run.

Sounds like a blast bro.

1 Like