Mythic+ Key Leaver Solution

That’s a great way to kill the Mythic Keystone system, but something tells me that wasn’t your goal…

I think an easier solution would be to simply allow players to see your % completed keys.

At first it might seem like 60% completion rate is mad low, but you never know, that might actually be average or high. After a couple weeks when most of the high rating players have like 50-60% completion rate, you’ll know that’s an average rate.

Then you see someone with 30% rate and wonder why? You have 1800, 1900, 2000+ rating but only 30% completion rate? You’re definitely a key leaver, you leave after only 4-5 deaths.

These are just numbers off the top of my head I have no idea what the real rate of completion is.

edit: Another thing this would do would be to allow random bad luck to be eliminated “what if I DC and cant log back in” okay that’s fine, your score will aggregate and DC’ing a couple times here and there wont really matter. What WILL reflect is when you leave so much you lose 10’s of % from it, people will notice that.

1 Like

You realize that completion rates drop in high keys right? Especially when score is all that matters.

1 Like

Correct, most high key players would have a really low completion rate.

And guess what? People would still take them. Because they’re good.

Accountability was what I was going so this is a nice simple solution to the existing paradigm that encapsulates just that.

Accountability is knowing it’s against CoC to flag with multiple toons.

Yeah buddy, that’s why I pointed out that after a few weeks we would know what an acceptable % is. If the rate ends up being 30% as being good, you’ll see people with 10% and know they are leavers… or again, like I already said - whatever the numbers end up being. Those were just random numbers I pulled for examples.

Or you got a bad streak of trolling where people left your keys to dunk your completion rate for giggles.

Completion % is useless.

I want better metrics. DPS, interrupts, avoidable damage.

Ran a HoV 20 last night, 2900 mage joins. By the time we got to Odyn, it was clear this mage had bought the rating. People were so hinted they didn’t focus and we wiped on Odyn costing the key.

We still finished. Mage did 42k DPS overall for the entire run. You can see him on my Raider.io page. 2900. 42k dps overall.

I want that metric on his tooltip, not his completion %, as he’s obviously been carried through a lot of finish lines.

1 Like

in halls of valor. lmao.

what a disaster

If you can say “What if I get a bad streak of trolling” as anecdotal evidence then getting one player perform poorly while having a good rating is also anecdotal. What is that guy just got a new medication and didnt realize it would make him drowzy? What if he likes to smoke weed and took a big hit before the dungeon and got zooted? But normally he plays really well and it was just that one dungeon (which sure, shame on him, whatever)

The problem is you wanna try and make your own point using anecdotal evidence but then imply another single example is the rule and not exception. Stay consistent friend.

1 Like

You can present mutiple data points. If this is really just a metrics game we are playing (which really is just what score is) they can display all kinds of data. Show not just completion rates but also leaving rates, and a bunch of other metrics. Let it all hang out so that players can make their own determination about what is or isn’t relevant.

player agency and player accountability.

But DPS metrics is more usefull than Completion %. Completion % goes down with risk taking. Risk taking is a good quality.

I don’t want a 100% completion rate 2900 mage who does Tank level dps.

All good reasons not to invite him. Thus we need average DPS listed next to the score.

Make it happen!

The irony here is all the way to the moon. You’re mad at my anecdotal point while pushing your own to get what you want.

The difference ? I’m not seriously pushing for change. Status quo is the best, in light of all the awful suggestions people keep making.

Devs should include an option to run M+ like Torghast that you can pick the dungeon and level just for score, then the key is used for vault progress and gear.

That’ll provide a scenario on which a lot of players can practice and progress score without using keys but those runs won’t count towards vault, so they can avoid players running the same dungeon for the 8 weekly runs. Keys will remain with random dungeons and a set level.

Completion rates are especially useless when you can spam run +2s to pad the numbers.

1 Like

People would pull 10 packs at the beginning of every dungeon for score and reset until they do the pack perfectly.

It ends up like tournament realm. We don’t want that on live.

Seems we’re both mad at each other for being hypocrites about the exact same thing. I’ll take it.

I run M+ with a prot paladin a lot, his natural rotation does a crap ton of interrupting and makes it look like I never interrupt. My interrupt mechanics metrics would look like I never interrupt just because I like to play with a specific tank regularly. How would we fix that? jw

It won’t impact your key, since you are doing runs for score without a key, that’ll only impact some players if you consider that your approach for reaching a new best score.

Right now, if you want to improve your score and that pull goes wrong, then you lost the key level.

Better be slamming if that’s the case.

I don’t think he said that he wanted only interrupts.

Only one of us is though.

Because like I said :

So if someone doesn’t care about their key and wants to troll to fulfill some sick satisfaction bred by mental health issues, they get to leave and brick 4 other peoples keys on purpose instead of 1.

Doesn’t sound like a solution to the problem.