Mythic Eonar too difficult prevents farming

It’s doable on all classes, I know because I’ve done it. Some are definitely tougher than others. You need to remember all the spawns and stay ahead of them. During the ship phase you need to save all of your speed boosts for that.

But yes need to at least remove the ship phase and it’ll be a less of a road block. I dread it Everytime.

You have to do mechanics. Thats where 1 shot comes from

Definitely a finicky fight, but absolutely doable. I farmed it at the beginning of the xpac for transmogs, and again recently for the mount.

You really have to find the sweet spot when soloing. When it comes ship time, wait a little bit before killing an enemy to trigger her “kill everything” ability. You can’t trigger that kill everything ability too early, or else things will spawn after it while you’re in the ship, about killing her by the time you get back out. You can’t get done with the ship too quick or else spawns get out of whack. More often than not, I’d have to kill the flying things at the end to actually trigger the end dialogue, but not always. (The “end” being during the second ship phase where you don’t actually go in the ship, you just keep killing everything outside.)

I found that at the pace I got around on my Prot Pally worked best for timing on spawns as I wasn’t going too quick, just needed to get through the ship quick enough. I found out waaaaay too late that you can use the leap extra action ability while inside the ship. (Can’t tell you how many times I died from not finishing it fast enough. I think I learned that a few runs before getting the mount drop.) Make sure your pathing inside grabs the far side first, ideally not the red crystal first, so you’re near the door after grabbing all four.

But yeah, other than that, just memorize the spawns. I would still fail it every now and then, even if I were to run it today after all those transmog and mount runs. Sometimes it just happens, but get used to it and it’ll happen far less often.

I have to disagree with most. It is a mechanically soloable/doable fight but it is objectively WAY too hard to solo than it reasonably should be. The only other boss in there that is even remotely on par is Imonar (sp?) and it still isn’t remotely close.

Honestly I think the fight is MUCH more feasible if that stupid knock up mechanic was gone or didn’t apply to out leveled toons and if Eonar gained health and damage reduction based on our levels so that she doesn’t need to be helped any even with the giant robots nuking her. You still have the 1 shot wipe condition of the ship that still takes quite a bit of movement to handle (the 2nd time having to deal with getting knocked up).

They made the green dragon from ICC optional considering she was able to gatekeep classes from finishing the raid. Eonar is hard required if you don’t have the skip already for the place and blocks out way more of the raid if you can’t get past her.

Again, I think the fix is pretty easy. Just give her an aura buff. Maybe for even super simple coding logic, multiple her health by our level and item level and reduce her damage by what our armor + versatility gives while also changing the ship 1 shot into a static damage tuned for legion numbers thus being otherwise inconsequential at 70 and 80 like all the other damage/mechanics in the raid on mythic are.

I actually done the fight on a warrior , monk ,dh , Druid ,Death knight and paladin .its all about muscle memory and knowing to kill the big add build up her life force and going south inside the ship using bear tartar helps also her ability she gives you gives you a speed boost just keep trying the fight order is always the same mid ,top and bottom

More than anything, if you watched the vids and read the guides and still can’t do it - consider using a different class that’s faster. Now that everything is warbound, you’re not obligated to go on your main - any 70+ alt can go and one shot everything. I recommend Feral Druid or Windwalker Monk. Very easy on those classes

Been thinking this as well, Only help I had was hubby but works hours and no time to help. I would love to get cool mogs as well.

Now my memory may be foggy, or maybe things have changed, but…

Is Eonar a requirement to clear Mythic Antoras?

I thought if you did it before on mythic you could skip Eonar and complete the raid. Is that still a thing, or has it changed or is my memory bad?

I understand skipping Eonar might not be an option if you need something that only drops from Eonar, but if you just want to complete the raid, cant you skip Eonar if youve already cleared her on a previous Mythic clear?

It is possible, but I also think it could be made easier to solo now.

I have everything I need from there but for people still farming they should just like you said they did it for the ICC heal fight

There’s a quest, once you completed the raid 4 times for the quest item you can skip her.

That’s actually what I did farming the mount and weapons, I managed to solo it a few times but once the quest was done I skipped past her every time

Thanks for the response… ya, that’s what i was thinking, i just couldn’t remember exactly what it was. I know i did that on my main at least.

Now the next question… in TWW, with warbands… can any toon in your warband skip Eonar if you’re main did it, or is it still locked toon for toon like its historically been?

1 Like

It’s doable but I would LOVE if they made it significantly easier. Or even skippable.

They made the green dragon skippable because at the time hunters warriors mages warlocks dks and rogues couldn’t do it, as it stands most of them still can’t even today without having to buy a consumable item.
EVERYONE can do Eonar, even without using any movement abilities other than the one provided by the fight. Not even remotely comparable. The comparable boss would be Spine of Deathwing which has mechanics you are forced to do or wipe even today 13 years after the fact. Or Karazhan Chess Event a 17 year old boss that still makes you do mechanics.

1 Like

I have done it many times.

Its not that its impossible, but its just somewhat annoying to me to do.

Idk, I would really love if it completed on starting just for convenience really.

1 Like

I’ve wondered that too, also in relation to nighthold and emerald nightmare I’ll have to check when I log in.

If you have to do it again, but you’ve already done it on your main there is a trick. You go into Antorus on your main, do the first boss and run down to the teleport since it’s unlocked. Then you bring your alt into your group and when they walk inside they’ll be able to pick up the quest and skip straight to the lady section to get the quest item

I did it this way to get all of my characters access to the skip here. Kind of annoying but better than Eonar lol

See, the “skill issue” you’re talking about involves killing waves of demons that are trying to attack Eonar in order to charge up her attack that would also open small teleport aboard Legion ship to kill its’ captain in order to stop the launching an Insta-Kill that would Raid Wipe, however after killing said captain you’d also need to plant bombs that cause damage at the four hallway entrances and escape before the Ship auto-purges that’d Insta-Kill the players aboard, rince-and-repeat.

Kinda difficult for Soloists to do, especially for classes with not that many temporary speed increase abilities.

3 Likes

Mythic Eonar is most definitely soloable. I have done it many times.

It is tedious, though.

2 Likes

I know how to do it, I’ve been doing it all expansion long, on multiple classes, including low mobility classes.

Because ilvl far surpasses the damage requirement, the entire thing is a simple step by step process.

The absolute hardest (comparatively, this is simple stuff), knowledge of your own mobility cooldowns, and when to time them. Additionally knowledge of what spec is best for your can make it significantly easier, but it is not a requirement.

I’ve done this solo on Druid, DH, Hunter, Shaman, Priest, Warlock, Warrior, Paladin, Evoker, and DK. I don’t really do the other classes, but I am tempted now to try this fight with them if only to see if there is maybe a single outlier, but I can’t think of what it would be, all classes have at least as much mobility as a DK.

Yes, many of those classes had a much easier time, but none of them are a challenge when you just time mobility cooldowns correctly and do the objectives as they need to be done.

I regularly solo this on my Priest, the least-mobile class in WoW.

It’s admittedly a lot more annoying than any legacy raid boss should be, but to say it’s too difficult to farm is blatantly wrong.

You need to make sure you kill all adds right before you go up, then one-shot the guy in the middle with a ranged ability as you run to one of the corners. If you do it right, you’ll beat the boss as the bats are flying in, long before the second Sudden Doom cast finishes. Takes about 3 minutes.

1 Like

You can use the extra action button inside the ship up top. I use it to cross over after the first two crystals.

1 Like