Mythic+ advice?

I think he was refering to Stonebark. the talented version of Ironbark, which increases hots by 20% with a shorter c/d.

Not a common choice for restos, but surely an option for someone looking to increase their ST healing on the tank.

Absolutely nothing to do with mastery.

For any druids reading this don’t take stone bark unless you will need the external on the 45 second cd for a specific reason (I can’t think of any)

Blossoms is better because you get mastery from it which is like 20% anyway.

Sorry to cut in there buy I don’t want to see druids making the mistakes I did early on lol.

1 Like

I actually just meant how ironbark straight up decreases the necessity to pull massive ST HPS and dump incredible amounts of mana onto a single target, if you’re doing math to compare ST HPS of two specs, surely you have to keep in mind that just because resto is lower than monk doesn’t mean it is so in a real world example.

True. Iron bark on its own is one of the strongest healer cds.

The added bonus from the talent is just a cherry on top.

Still has nothing to do with mastery though.

Blossoms is very dependent on your mastery rating. Stonebark scales very pooly with gear, Where Blossoms doesnt. Case and point…
Im at 10.37%.
Only half the value.
You’re at 16.74%
So yes…a similar comparison.

I got a lot of use out of Stone bark in early BFA when stats were lower and Tanks needed a little more attention. But yes, Blossoms is generally the better option as mastery increases.

While this is also true, it’s the same reason why I didn’t include Life Cocoon. I just wanted to compare thoughput v throughput of raw heals on a per second basis. I actually like Life Cocoon more so than Iron Bark because an absorb (one that’s alao being buffed to half our max health in 8.3) is better than a flat DR that only persists for 8 seconds. Life Cocoon is much more forgiving in terms of an “oh sh*t” button than Ironbark. I found myself more often in scenarios on my druid where I use Ironbark and i get less value out of it as a placeable defensive CD, even while being more proactive about using it. (A lot of my experience so far on druid has been with fortified+bolstering week, and preparing for the worst when my dps don’t know how to focus target that larger mob in a pack first)

Honestly, neither here nor there I’d like to think.

So first off, I’d have to say your haste feels a bit low. It works so well with mastery it’s insane.

Second, as Tical mentioned, it doesn’t appear you’re accounting for the lifebloom proc from Photo. That, or another rejuv if you prefer Germ like I do, should be present here. High haste really helps the bloom proc stand out.

Third, you absolutely HAVE to include ward and grove in the calculations. They are a psychotic HPS increase. Yeah they have a 30s cd, but if 15s of that cd time takes place between pulls or after the big daddy damage is done, it’s a win.

Gotta compare the whole direct healing kit, not just parts of it.

1 Like

Oh trust me, I’d love to get a hand on some gear with haste that doesn’t sacrifice my mastery, but RNG is a fickle b*tch at best lol.

I would have loved to have done the full math with CW, bloom, and Grove added into the healing. I just didn’t have the time this morning. Even figuring out what I did this morning cost me being 5 minutes late, but my work can’t really complain about 5 minutes when I’m working a 12 hour shift lol.

I’m gone for 14 hrs/day when I work, so I absolutely understand you. However, given that you state your math was incomplete, perhaps it would have been better to put something on your notepad so you could work on it during breaks or lunch? Accuracy is key, more so than being the first to say a thing.

2 Likes

Fair point, my man. Very fair point.

1 Like

I liked the first part of your post ie reply to the monk, and agree to it. Tanks sometimes think the burden is on the healer to keep me up so I’ll stand on sanguine. Just an example.

Tho disappointed with the latter part, because as with OP, I came here for some healing tips and guides (we can still learn) but yea we’re expected to be perfect. Where is the community here? And yes already went to QElive, IcyVeins and even on Dreamgrove Discord, but thought the Blizz Druid community would have more real time information.

Especially when mastery means it’s quadratic. All the extra layers we can concentrate are what push it from mediocre to amazing in a 5-man, and each one is a bigger net addition than the last.

1 Like

Does one ever decide to take tree of life over cultivation?

Do not follow this.

If you run an organised group and can be sure your dps won’t be taking avoidable damage then run photo build

If you are pugging with mouth breathers use abundance build.

There was nothing wrong with his advice.

CW is the best talent on that row. That’s not a debate.

Tree is great if you have less than 15% mastery. Otherwise, the extra mastery stack from Cult makes Tree kinda useless.

Abundance is great if you’re the kind of person to spam Rejuvs even if no damage is coming out. It’s also good if you’re really undergeared.

Normally I run Ward + Germ. Ward feels better even without Bloom.

I take tree if I don’t trust the group to avoid damage and want the extra panic button, or if I’m budgeting for a specific burst window during a boss – usually Tyrannical/Grievous ones like Cragmaw or Triad.

Other than that, Cult. Tree is for the most part a raid cooldown to budget big burst rotations around. There are very few moments in M+ that warrant that scale of burst throughput compared to Cult’s long-term stabilization.

I see the Druid forums are buzzing with nonsense as usual. :grinning:

Well, this got spicy.

I mained resto druid in Legion, pushed 20 keys, went cutting edge, yadda yadda. I’ve been alt’ing resto druid in BfA for fun and what I’ve noticed is there are a TON of fotm re-rollers who are just awful at the class. Not saying this is the OP but just pointing that out in general.

The other side of this coin is the tank. I’ve healed 16 keys on my druid with little issue and I’ve healed 10’s that required 10x the throughput the 16 did. It’s going to come down to the tanks performance.

You’re set up as boomy right now so I can’t see your resto gear, log out in resto and I can eval your stuff.

Druid’s are currently the meta and healing +25 keys so I can assure you this is either operator error, a really bad tank, or some combination of both.

Total rubbish.