Mythic+ advice?

Rubbish that Cen ward is the best talent on that row? Sorry but the maths checks out on that one.

1 Like

You keep saying no, yet you offer nothing else in terms of how you got to this conclusion. My two year old can say no too. You’re not special.

Meanwhile… there’s this.

https://questionablyepic.com/firstrowshowdown/

Please come back. I want to know how to play my class better since you seem so sure

There are places in M+ where I know I’m going to be shotgunning regrowths – almost exclusively Tyrannical/Grievous – where I take Abundance. There are, rarely, massive raid healing speedometer fights where I take Abundance just because I expect to have a crapton of Rejuvs out to make the most of it, and it doesn’t really feel good unless I’m running a WA to track it.

Pretty much all other cases, including pugging with people who don’t know what they’re doing, Ward wins by a mile – if for no other reason than it means you can pretty much ignore the tank for a bit while you patch up whoever stood in the fire.

1 Like

I shouldn’t have to explain you should be able to research it yourself. But here goes. I’m talking high keys btw where only any of this matters.

There are two scenarios - you run an organised group or you run a pug.

In an organised group your dps should be competent and take minimum damage and most of the damage should be centred on the tank. Especially on the mostly huge AoE pulls that are done. In this case you have only the necessary heals on the dps and a huge throughput on the tank. This is when the photosynthesis build shines with as many dots on the tank as possible and hence CW is the go to. It also requires less of your globals and allows you to do more dps.

In pugs you are most likely going to encounter a lot of titan forged mouth breather dps who take a lot of unnecessary damage or who don’t do the affixes well. Consequently you wont be able to afford the time to concentrate on keeping dots on the tank while trying to over spot / group heal the dps so will need a group throughput build such as germination with abundance.

Like I said there are basically two go to builds and each has their optimal scenario. Try running high level pugs with bad dps and photo / CW build and you’ll be in a world of pain. But with competent dps you’ll breeze thru keys with the added up time of your contributed dps.

So Like I said. High level keys organised group photo/CW. Pugging it Germ/Abundance. That’s is optimal and yes you can get thru with sub optimal to a level if thats what you choose.

Eww germination. Gross. Yea Na not here thanks

1 Like

I did a 7 for tol dagor and group disbanded after wiping 3 times at first boss. Everyone was taking massive aoe damage

There is no reason for that unless they were looking for every possible sand Hill to run into. Even then they would running before the damage taken per second got too high tbh.

1 Like

Someone in the party did mention after each wipe to take care of the floating fireballs. I guess it’s up in the air if it’s truly my fault

Oh so dps wasn’t killing explosives that spawned off the adds. Yea mostly on dps then. Ranged should stack on on that fight anyway so melee should have taken care of them

1 Like

If you had read my post you’ll see that everything you just said was covered in my link, but thanks for coming out!

No where in your reply did you explain why using CW is “rubbish”. In fact, you stated the opposite.

Are you high?

You allude that CW is the best across the board and that is plain rubbish.

/thread

It is though. It’s been mathematically proven.
Like I said.
This wasn’t a debate.

Have you tried reading the questionably epic link? It’s pretty definitive maths really.

There are extremely few situations that it could be used without being the outright wrong decision

2 Likes

Even in the few encounters where abundance Pulls ahead, the difference is minuscule. Each talent in their own right has its use, and under certain circumstances you might see comparable figures. But in no way shape or form is it “rubbish”.

Thanks captain obvious!
This can be said about any build, even those with abundance.

I used Abundance on Tyrannical Grevious weeks as well, but that’s not an affix combo this season. Guess too many people had issues with the Triads.

Mathematically proven or not, it’s not the best talent. I sure hope you’re not naive enough to believe that just because it provides the most throughout on paper that it is by default the best talent.

In baby keys it doesn’t matter, but depending on affix, comp, and dungeon there will be places when prosperity and abundance outweigh CW.

Druid single target healing has never been a problem, that’s why top Druids run all dps essences/trinkets in +20 keys… hence driving reduced value of CW. What druids do lack is emergency healing and mana efficiency in sustained tyrannical fights at higher levels.

Cen ward recharging on a different cd to swift mend is huge though. On something like the first boss of kings rest where it will basically be used on cd you will only get one extra swift mend from prosperity.

1 Like

True, but thats one specific scenario where CW would outperform prosperity in that fight. What about the last boss? You have a tank taking a ton of damage, dps getting hit by tornadoes, and one dps (who was hit by a tornado) about to get charged by the boss and needs to be topped up immediately. Oh wait, fear goes out, and your tank is about to get combod again. You get targeted by charge and need to run.

You think CW is going to outperform 2x Swift mends in that spot?

I would rather have it yes can ward tank use swifty on the person getting charged. Done. Can do it again 30 seconds later too rather than 50 seconds

1 Like