Mythic+ advice?

There it is, the T buzzword.
free upbotes

I call it like it see it.

Hurt feelings?
Welcome to the internet.
I’ll be your guide today.

The post above me was attempting to place the blame on class mechanics, as was the OP. I nipped that in the butt. It’s user error, as I and others have pointed out.

Yup :slight_smile:

If OP is looking for a more in-depth “how to heal” guide, talk to Mysltek. He’s renowned for hitting copy/paste. Just don’t ask him to explain it.

1 Like

I actually LulW’d.
I explained pretty well in my post that my prot pally tank typically takes damage traits/trinkets over self heal/absorbs (3x Inspiring Vanguard vs 3x Bulwark of Light is a MASSIVE self heal/absorb difference by itself, and then add trinkets).

This works well with this toon, my misty gal, because ReM + Mastery + spammable instant cast heal on my channel provides ridiculous ST healing. If I remember correctly from back in 8.0, MW’s were stated to be the ONLY heal spec that was just as good as holy pally’s in terms of tank healing. This is why. There’s no way a druid would outheal a monk in a ST environment. That’s why my druid falls short on tank healing with keys beyond 12 with our comp where my monk would be just fine (though I wouldn’t expect you to know a lot about keys beyond 9 or 10).

You can’t really claim user error on healing when some tanks like being more DPS oriented. All you can really do is shrug it off and work something between the two players and their playstyles.

Hey Healz, sorry to interrupt the conversation in the thread. I’m just really curious what type of AoE and single target DPS your Protection Paladin tank is pulling? Especially if he is giving up self healing to that point.

It just seems like he is doing something wrong, as a Guardian Druid I run around 16-20k single target and in the 30-60k range for AoE (it depends a lot on how big the pulls are for my damage here). That is on 14-15 keys too.
Also, I run that while healing between 20-35k HPS, depending on the incoming damage.

You’re taking to yourself with all this “my monk” and “my tank” nonsense. No one cares.

Swing and a miss. Please don’t spread misinformation on the forums.

Ad hominem. Youre grasping now.
You also clearly don’t understand how to work the armory.

Interesting.
Thanks for the information. I was just generally curious.

Yeah Ret Paladins pull great AoE numbers on large trash packs. They can easily spike over a DH in AoE depending on cooldowns and procs during trash.

It’s important to know where you stand in terms of comparison to other healers in specific areas of play. Long term high ST healing, druid just doesn’t cut it like a MW. While that wasn’t the point of my post in general, it was a standing point in regards to tank healing as a whole.

I had all the math laid out and logs to prove it. But honestly, it’s getting late and arguing with someone who’s never seen past a single 13 (in 8.2, and on a Freehold no less lol) about healing they’ve rarely ever had to do in BFA (you seemed to really like late Legion Raiding) is quite tiresome.

I definitely know how to work io, though, which provides a lot more info than the armory does. See above.

Have a good night bud, hope you decide to actually run some content the rest of this xpac instead of mouthing off on forums.

4 Likes

Are you kidding? Druid single target sustained healing is strong as. Lifebloom, rejuv, germ, spring blossoms and regrowth hots ticking away then when you hit wild growth they get topped. That’s without even needing Cen ward and swift mend (with Grove tending of course)

Over a 30 second period I could do lore single target hps on a monk sure but then they are oom and a druid is still at like 70%.

There is nothing wrong with druid single target healing.

If someone is struggling to heal keys on a druid it is not the classes fault.

1 Like

As far as rotational errors, it’s hard to pinpoint exactly what’s going on without logs. If I had to guess the issue is probably a dungeon mechanic being handled improperly more so than gear/rotational. Your gear could use some work, but a lot of times people get so worked up on their stats and essences while completely ignoring their rotation/uptime/positioning.

As far as gear goes however, you want Mastery & Haste. I personally try not to have less than 15% or more than 20% haste ever, and I prioritize Mastery within that rule, but you could just as well equip your highest ilvl resto gear and be completely fine.

For azerite, don’t get too hung up on specific traits. Resto doesn’t have an entry requirement of “3 of X trait” like a lot of other specs. Generally you want a Lively Spirit, a Grove Tending, and some stat/proc traits like Tradewinds/Incite/etc… If you want to run Autumn Leaves or Rampant Growth as singular value traits, go for it, but second copies of those types of traits have diminished value.

Once you’re more comfortable with Resto and want to start trying to push damage, you can opt for multiple High Noon traits, as Sunfire is a very high DpET ability.

Math time :slight_smile:
So my 428 ilvl drood has 20% mastery, 14% haste, 16% crit, and 7% vers.
Lifebloom: 1446 HPS before mastery.
Rejuv: 1132 HPS " "
Regrowth (HoT): 401 HPS " "
Spring Blossom: 351 HPS " "
Wild Growth: 1590 HPS " "
Cultivation: 535 HPS " "

If all of these are stacked together with my mastery, they get about 12k total HPS. For whatever reason, Efflo doesn’t affect our mastery because it’s not a “debuff” like Spring Blossoms is. Weird.

Anyway, with all of that (including a crit rate of 16%) I get a whopping average 13.9k HPS off my HoTs.

Regrowth instant heal does 16853 every 1.3 seconds if I’m spamming. With all the HoTs above, it does 28520 healing. With an avg crit of 16%, it’ll do 33082.

So 47k total HPS with those.

MW gal does 5.8k hps EnvM, 6.4k HPS channel heal, 11.3k hps ReM, 16k hps Viv with 12.8k hps Viv Cleave, along with 8.5k hps mastery (double that if essence font is on target). Even before double mastery proc that’s 60k HPS, not including a crit rate of 30% and not including our statue. And all of this can be done without having a 25-30s timer high value spells like CW and Swift.

That’s a 13k difference right there (edit: which is funny, that’s about the difference between my tanks HPS and other prot pallys that take tank traits lmao), and I didn’t even include a crit rate bonus on my monk (but I also didn’t include CW and Grove Trending in Druid, so we’ll call it square between the 2 offsets).

Yes, mana is a HUGE factor in this ratio, I’ll give you that. In a m+ environment though, we have water and fish feasts. Meh. Druids aren’t brought in keys because they’re mana friendly, it’s because they can fit more damage in a 5 man while healing than any other option of healer, and the toolkit that they bring to the table in terms of utility.

Was OP thinking about all of these things when he tank heals? Likely not, but we’ve strayed beyond that bit.

Am tired, and have work. Have a good one, bud.
(P.S. I’m not trying to sound condescending when I type any of this. Simply comparing the 2 classes at a strict numerical value)

You’re trying to discredit factual reasoning about Druid throughput, which holds true to any and all druids, by holding it against my with my own personal experience. Personal attacks which have no bearing on the conversation. What does me farming old legion rep have to do with this topic again? You’re still grasping and it’s becoming quite sad, almost sad as your use of the word “drood”.

Your “math” is irrelevant. Youre backpedaling. You straight up suggested that class mechanics had a play in why OP is struggling with keeping up his tank IN A 7+. You tried to devalue druids as a class and there is simply zero truth to any of it.

At 429 ilvl there is no reason for struggling in a 7+ other than user error.

1 Like

Might wanna check those numbers again, champ.
Even mousing over the tooltip gives higher numbers, let alone the actual heal.
Why do you continue to make up facts?

The 28520 and 33082 are in HPS (emphases on PS), not in the original 1.3s interval. If i was talking about every 1.3s it would sum to about 42k. Also, how are you gonna say I’m making up facts ahen I literally drew that from my own personal tooltip on my toon?

I never devalued druids in general. I’d be ignorant to do so, considering the entire front page of io healers is resto druid. What I said was that in my own personal experiences (which you seem so keen to defend), through both play and research, I’ve noticed druids, in terms of raw throughput, have a harder time healing tanks with lower self-sustain than another character I use, which was backed by raw data in terms of a cumulative HPS comparison between the 2 at similar ilevels and appropriate azerite gear. Your statement of “math” being irrelevant is indicative of how little you truly care about the topic of tank healing in the first place, regardless of key level. While I made an overexaggeration of druid tank healing being “low,” the solid truth of my post was that druids ST healing outside of our 25s CD’s is not as high as the consistent burst ST healing of the other healer I push mid keys with. This is an imporant thing to consider when working with a tank that prefers dps over self heal. If a tank has little to no self healing (something I’ve definitely seen when pugging keys) then a druid, while entirely possible to keep him up, is less equipped to handle that difference. As others have said, OP may have had an absolute garbage tank. At that point it’s not user error (and not even class mechanic error at that point), and it’s then that argument becomes a moot point as a whole.

This is boring me now, though. As I said before, hope you get a chance to actually challenge yourself in some higher keys before this xpac is over instead of trying to flame some guy on a forum. What a waste of a sub, lol.

Apologies for any spelling errors, I’m on my phone right now.

Irrelevant.

More personal attacks.
I folded up my raiding pants a long time ago.
Why are you so hung up on this?

I also really enjoy the hypocrisy too. The highest key youve accomplished in time is a 14 to my 13. Watch out kids, we’ve got a badass over here!

No… its user error. Just a different user.
I addressed this in my first post.
Pay attention.

In my experience there are very few situations where you need to /get to stand still and tunnel mana into someone’s health bar. Probably part of why monks are not the highest performing healer in keys.

Druid’s throughput is fine. Idk how your heals are hitting for so little too. It’s not uncommon for a regrowth to crit for 100k when someone is all hotted up. :tipping_hand_man:

Accidentally hit the delete button om that first comment. The difference of 2k intellect between us is likely the cause of my regrowth crits hitting for less, because mine hit for about 75k.

(Edit: didn’t even realize I hadn’t switched over to my druid to talk about druid topics. Shame on me)

You forgot grove tending and ironbark which has a ridiculously short CD, it’s basically up for every single pull, you can’t just “call it square” when you say you’re doing math.
On top of Lively spirit which every good druid will use to boost his int and prepare for a big dmg burst and save mana.
I also doubt you’re accounting for photosynthesis and it’s blooms.
Math still seems off.

Don’t know if anyone has even mentioned but the OP doesn’t even have a functional neck.

1 Like

Maybe /shrug.
I just know that any situation I feel my through put is lacking I will struggle on my pally or monk too and usually it’s because someone miss played like 3 bezerker bleeds in kr in which case it’s often easier to just get ready for the res.

I had mentioned that I didn’t include Ironbark (doesn’t count as a HoT for our mastery I believe, but it definitely does help), Grove, OR Cenarion, but I also didn’t include my entire 30% crit on my monk, healiny statue, or Essence Font HoT +double mastery proc. If I had more time this morning I would’ve have gone further, but I was in a rush to leave for a quick work meeting
You’re right on the lively spirit, but I didn’t include it purely for the “consistent” heavy throughput without the use of CD’s. Also why I didn’t source buffs like tradewinds, loyal, and incite the pack. (Edit: To note, as well, a lot of the top druids in the m+ scene don’t take many, if any, traits like these. Instead they favor damage traits in general for the purpose of being able to push higher keys)
As far as bloom procs go on photosynthesis, I wasn’t sure really how to add that in with the varying tick times on our HoTs. That’s definitely on me. Even if it had an average proc of every 7.5 seconds though, that’s what like 2k increase in HPS? I’m not sure. I’m not at my pc to look at the numbers on my tooltip.

Which is weird because my monk seems to handle errors like that with no issue when using stuff like Life Cocoon (comparable to to Ironbark), and dumping mana into my tank. I do really wish monks had a brez, though. That’s definitely one more thing druida have over monks.

Yea imo it’s the other stuff that druids do that make us so good. Stealth typhoon soothe etc. Ring and para are good but no one keeps up with what a druid can do.
And brez of course. I run engi on my non druid healers for the res but it’s a crapy rez