Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

You mean the same complaints mplus players and pvp players make?

Also delete the vault

Thank you! The vault is the jankest, most awkward, head scratching, bad luck protection system I’ve ever seen. It never should’ve existed.

I personally think they should just make 99% of gear in this game determinative.

That’s how it’s always been in PVP (except 1 expansion). You get your currency go to a vender and buy the gear you need.

1 Like

The vult is none of that. It’s. Bonus reward. It’s not bad luck protection.

1 Like

Right, so if an upgrade didn’t drop this week you have an extra chance of getting an upgrade from the vault.

That’s bad luck protection.

No it’s not. Bad luck protection is a stacking % rate to insure an outcome.

I’m not a fan of the great vault, but i understand why it’s there. Because mythic+ has no lockout, it can’t drop mythic track gear infinitely. It’s the pseudo equivalent to raid bosses having a weekly lockout.

I’d wager 90% of all mythic track gear in the game though comes from the mythic+ vault since it’s vastly easier to acquire.

No. That is just a specific method of bad luck protection.

A third one would be a bonus roll system like what Vermantide has.

That’s just a bonus roll, much like in dnd we have bonus rolls and seperate to that we have bad luck protection. 2 very different things. I use that as the example as wow also has both systems seperate to each other.

Bad luck protection is any system that tries to prevent the “streakiness” of a true rng system.

The vault is a bad luck protection system.

Like a card game that lets you combine 3 unwanted card into a new random card. It tilts the odds more in the players favor. It’s bad luck protection.

Except that’s not what the vault does. It’s determined of what bosses you kill meaning that “streakiness” is entirely based around that. You only kill 2 bosses you will only see loot table of 2 bosses. Why do you think we all skipped terros on our alt mythic runs?

Why do you think we all skipped terros on our alt mythic runs?

So that you can use the bad luck protection system to manipulate the rng in your favor
and improve your odds of getting a relevant piece of loot for the week.

Ok so say that again to yourself real slowly and let it sink in. Bad luck protection removes the what now? The rng that’s right you get it now?

It’s a bonus reward for doing the content.

That’s not bad luck protection.

This ^

No, removing rng would be a deterministic system.

Changing rng to be more in the players favor is a bad luck protection system.

Now you could say from a pvp perspective the great vault doesn’t actually serve as a bad luck protection system, because PVP loot is determative, so it actually adds RNG. But, like most systems nowadays, how it effects PVP is probably an afterthought.

The intention of the system is clearly to smoothen the acquisition rate of higher ilvl gear in PVE.

Correct in that regard but that doesn’t make it bad luck protection. Let me make it real simple for you. A reroll (the vault) can give the exact same result

Bad luck protection, protects you from having the exact same result.

Bad luck protection, protects you from having the exact same result.

Not if it’s designed by monkeys.

Which is really my whole criticism of the vault.

I know that’s your criticism of the vault but saying its bad luck protection is wrong and it was never designed nor advertised to be that. So your complaining its not a thing it never claimed or advertised itself to be. You can argue well that’s just lawer talk and how are people supposed to know that. Educate yourself, listen to the words being said to you and take them at the value they present themselves to you at.

I’m sorry but what you and blizzard are calling a bad luck protection system is actually just a timegated deterministic system.

If it were that then you couldn’t achieve the outcome previous to that point. Currently you can.