Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

M+10 is going to be a little more harder and a slog to get though since in TWW you have both Tyrannical and Fortified when you get to +10. When before you only had to do with 1 of those.

The devs really don’t like that a game mode is fun to play and thus taking up “too much” of engagement metrics. They’re actively trying to discourage playing it to steer people into worse off ones or ones they can monetize with player boosting more.

The devs really want people playing what they want, not what players want, even if it’s a bad game mode. They’re willing to sabotage m+ to steer people into such to make that happen. Most likely to cover their figurative behind with engagement metrics so they don’t get fired. Typical big studio dealing with corporate politics stuff.

They’re gonna wind up with a self fulfilling prophecy with some us of not touching TWW content by ruining progression to do so. I just want my agency over my own progression and to be rewarded for actually trying to progressively play, and it doesn’t look like systems designers wanna let that happen.

They clearly made up their mind years ago so I really should just stop bothering to post. There’s no changing their pigeonholed designs.

1 Like

The people clearing the mythic raids first haven’t done enough mythic raids to be geared in mythic gear. This implies they can beat it without the gear hence they don’t actually need the reward so this argument falls apart.

Everybody wants to see number go high. That’s it that’s literally all it is. And mythic raiding is such an unpopular mode it should just be canned and the heroic level brought up a little bit to compensate.

3 Likes

Really it looks like they wanna just keep mythic id lockout system around to ensure boosting will stay prevalent in this game. Someone is most likely dictating to keep wow token this heavily monetized by gating stuff behind very bad systems making such content inaccessible.

To the point they’re afraid mythic id lockouts aren’t enough to garner boosting bucks, they gotta keep mythic+ capped at heroic, give myth track a bigger ilvl boost, and continue to put the best cosmetics/mounts in the worst offending game mode.

You’re sorely out of touch.

1 Like

No one is afraid of anything.

Mplus has lays capped at heroic. This isn’t a new thing.

Stop acting like the sky is falling.

The mythic changes pretty much killed ALL lower level runs. Can’t even find groups for the 4 mythic weekly quest anymore.

Why is it being implied that the situation is somehow okay just because it’s been bad across multiple xpacs?

In particular, it’s why people are so outspoken, because they know they are being ignored.

1 Like

Mythic raiding gear should actually be relevant. 13 ilvl gap is ok.

Gearing isn’t some sort of equity thing. The gear is there to provide a loose idea of what you need to do the content, and provide a reasonable difficulty curve as you gear up. Blizzards intent for mythic raid at a reasonable difficulty curve as the season goes on for what it is, is myth track gear. Once you’re decked out in hero track gear, the prior track is irrelevant. You can say the exact same thing about the progression from lfr to normall if that’s your endgame. Gear is a means to an end, and the fact of the matter is that your end doesn’t justify having that gear.

You do not need myth track gear to do the content you’re doing. There is absolutely no mythic raider who is joining your groups or demanding you have mythic gear to participate in whatever they’re doing because you’re not doing it. You will not be interacting with these players in a raid. Because a mode is “unpopular”, you want to effectively remove it and then reap the rewards from said mode, and use it in your content ceiling to do what, make that content easier? This isn’t some sort of democratic thing where we just vote off types of content. If anything, having it be so much higher than hero track makes mythic raiding EASIER because of the higher player power ceiling.

3 Likes

Blizzard can’t please both people who like alts and the treadmill crowd. If they try and please the people that like alts, the treadmill crowd will get bored and unsubscribe.

It seems like the balance they have chosen is to lean towards the treadmill crowd early on in expansions and become more alt friendly gradually as an expansion continues.

That’s basically all the arguement is when you break it down. A bunch of people who don’t participate in something looking at people who do who have different stuff than them and going hey that’s not fair I want that too cause reasons.

Reading is hard? That’s all I got from your statement or you’re too ignorant to know that if mythic was 10 man, it would be tuned for 10 man…

How so? Or are you gonna pretend that mythic raiding is this big secret club that only a few people can do? lol, it’s a game, it’s not hard at all. I’ll delete every boss mod and weak aura I have and thrash you on mechanics and whichever role you want to go at it with.

2 things here:
you don’t need mythic track gear to raid mythic raids.
and people are most definitely looking at your gear when you run m+. It’s kind of like important that you have high gear if you want invited.

We can settle this by mythic plus gear being unusable in raids and raid gear being unusable in mythic plus. Then we will see the mythic raiders crying all over these forums. Just make heroic dungeon gear universal.

1 Like

tuning has nothing to do with mechanics. How would you execute Nymue with only 10 players? You have 2 tanks, 2 healers so 6 available to rotate in an exclusive can only do it once kill event, how about fyrak and the orbs? No tuning can change that. The only way you could do it is by changing the fight then you ain’t doing the mythic encounter are you?

The fact you think this would be the reaction when every mythic raider in this thread has said how much they hate mplus and wish they didn’t have to do it is really telling.

h ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/guild/reports-list/27577. Again man with these logs every claim you have made about your teams parsing, mechanics are false. The only metric that is high is avoidable dmg taken and that’s the one you want low.

Your perspective is from the outside looking in. You don’t have any actual knowledge here the clear indicator is you saying delete every WA like we don’t make our own? You download yours from mythic raiders.

1 Like

One look at your logs shows your ability is not good enough for by hard mythic boss.

Your damage is carried by gear and your ilvl parses show fundamental misunderstanding of the rotation.

I’m saying the difficulty jump from doing some entry level mythic bosses after you over gear them the doing mythic bosses early in the tier is night and day difference.

That’s not even including the organizational spect or realizing that awakened/prepatch mythic is far easier than actual
Mythic.

In that why you’re green parsing by ilvl?

You do realize logs are public access right?

The warcraft logs determined that is a lie.

2 Likes

Just looking at his heroic logs dudes being carried by ilvl.

When you parse green by ilvl he’s not even doing his rotation correctly.

1 Like

I wouldn’t say the mode itself is unpopular, but the players participating in that mode never shut up about how they’re forced to do things just to play their mode and it turns other players away.

lol