Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

I don’t think we even need the system for the most part.

Before with none of this crest grinding we had 13 item level gaps between tiers.

Now we…still get 13 item level gaps between tiers but have to grind hundreds of crests to do it.

These are my sentiments exactly, but boy do I get silenced for it.

I couldn’t define the problem with the game any better than you did here.

I will say the only thing I dislike about this is this.

People who don’t want to mythic raid only form of gearing up is vault / mythic keys.

And alts to a degree.

So in theory if I spend 3 weeks getting enough gear to drop in mythic keys and upgrade that to max I would still be item levels behind the max item level. At the start of a season it’s a non issue.

But towards the middle / end of a season it becomes an issue. Currently people won’t invite others into key over like 5 item levels, every one wants the 526 players… this will inherently affect alts.

What the hell are you even going on about? Myth track includes stuff from Great Vault, out of M+.

Wanting a close to max ilvl isn’t alts, it’s just more mains.

1 Like

If Myth-track Vault gear is two levels out of six, you’ll need to successfully clear five M+9(?) dungeons per piece to max them out. That’s 60 dungeons.

I’ll definitely have way less time to gear out alts. One at most, I think.

That’s not an alt, it’s just another main.

1 Like

They don’t even need to delete vault or creation catalyst necessarily, they just need to make it so end of dungeon and raid bosses actually start giving out gear upgrades somewhat.

The game is in an extremely unhealthy state where 99% of your gear upgrades are coming from vault.

They absolutely could start building in a depreciating returns smart algorithm that automatically adjusts itself based on how many weeks of the season in you’re in, along with analyzing your current gear situation, to figure out what to disburse from end of dungeon chests.

They’re also sabotaging m+ into getting people to quit, by not incentivizing very high key pushing. Pushing keys should reward something beyond a simple title. Whether it’s currency for participation for a mount/mog vendor tradein, or some 0.001% chance at myth track, something really needs to be there.

Ideally, M+ dungeons should give out Myth-track gear at higher key levels (say, around 11 or 12). However, Blizzard’s deathly afraid of players gearing too quickly in M+, so we’re stuck with Vault loot drips that grow progressively less useful over time because everything boils down to chance.

1 Like

I agree that turning heroic track into an 8/8 track would be good, overall, for the health of the game.

1 Like

And that is why I specifically stated that my guild does not do mythic……

I don’t use parses as a main metric but they absolutely do matter. Enrage timers do still exist. Those I mentioned never screw up mechanics and listen very well. They haven’t even had a try out. There is no doubt in my mind if mythic raiding was 10 man, I’d have a crew right now that could do any of it.

1 Like

No you couldn’t as you wouldn’t be able to execute the mechanics that require more than 10 players.

Finally somebody said it! Thank you.

1 Like

I’m for just going all in 10-25 flex (heck why not go full on 10-40). It would likely greatly improve participation vs static group sizes. It’s a bit telling that “The Roster Boss” is such an ongoing meme. If the concern really is low participation in raids, we should be removing these barriers that have nothing to do with actual gameplay.

Nah, if they don’t give a proper reason to play past 10 keys along with putting myth track in high key chests, then gearing gonna be dead to me again.

I skipped playing DF content for a year and a half because I’m not interested in fighting bad developer decisions. I’ll probably play m+ and raids again in a year and a half when bullions make a return so I’m not fighting the bad systems design as much.

Trying to spite people into playing into bad systems design rather than admitting fault is not the winning move.

1 Like

The problem with a M+ lasting more than 3 minutes isn’t the fact that it lasts 3 minutes, it’s that all you’re doing is the same choreographed dance a half dozen more times. If a group is able to succeed in the rotation 8 times, what’s gained by repeating the same rotation verbatim another 4 times? If instead those extra 2 minutes on the back end was a different phase, it wouldn’t be nearly as bad.

So…you agree that dungeon bosses are too simple to go longer?

Or that tyrannical needs adjusted in some other way? Remember that part of it is to add time to the key the same way all the extra HP of fortified adds time to a key.

Yes. I would not oppose a long M+ fight if the mechanic rotations if we only saw each rotation 3ish times or there were distinct phases. The problem with a 3 mechanic boss that has a 20 second rotation is that most groups that are going to fail will fail in the first half dozen rotations; and any additional rotations don’t provide compelling gameplay.

I would love to see some fights materially change with tyrannical rather than just health/damage modifiers. Adding another mechanic/overlap to 1 or 2 bosses per dungeon would be a great change of pace. The scaling can go up as well, but this would provide an alternative way to make tyrannical not feel like just a mind-numbingly boring time sink.