Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

So is all content in the game being balanced around 7 ilvls higher now, or will these 7 extra ilvls just make content easier to beat?

as a casual here , it s amazing that people not only do mythic raiding all the time but have time to gear up alts too , bless you

I’m curious as to where everyone seems to find these numbers for content?

Especially this one. I believe it… except PvP, but where are the numbers/proof?

An argument over 2 endgames yet it’s opinions without data to back it up. We could argue LFR is the most used and thus everything should be centered around it. (Obviously have no idea if thats true or not, but you get the idea.)

Not everyone who enjoys high end content has a not so fulfilling life.

That’s just cope.

Because those other venues are not anywhere near as difficult. This game rewards gear based on difficulty.

The difference is you can only do those bosses once a week versus the fact you can spam mplus all week

This is factually incorrect.

It’s not a colossal waste of resources because over 60% of the playerbase raids at one level or another. Adding mythic difficulty isn’t as costly as you think.

You mean the majority of mplus runners that are also mythic raiders?

You clearly have no idea what you’re talking about based on these responses and you’re clearly going off of feelings and not facts.

2 Likes

It’s not.

The majority of raiding takes place in heroic.

Based on achievements the most popular raiding is heroic. Normal and LFR share the same achievement and come in at second.
Mythic is the least played but still has solid numbers.

About 60% of the playerbase raids.

2 Likes

For most bosses yeah. But the initial version Il’gynoth was a joke and Xavius is still a poor excuse of an end of raid boss.

I mean imagine being able to skip a majority of a fight because you could just stack shadow priests with surrender to madness. And that part you skipped was the hard part. Then Xavius allowed Shadow Priests to surrender to madness twice. Once while they were “dreaming” and again afterwards. As being ‘killed’ while dreaming was just a free brez from a certain point of view.

Side note: I still find it funny that a mythic mechanic on the dragons of nightmare encounter is a tail swipe. Which actually aided in the tank swapping (I should know, I tanked mythic EN). Task failed successfully.

Make it so m+ end meta will be a god comp because aug still exists without any other supports meaning that the specs aug synergizes more with are more potent in the meta, make it so having an alt that works for the god comp for m+ exclusively should also be doing mythic raiding so it can best participate in pushing at the highest level. These are apparently changes that are good for the game since it means mythic raid participation will continue to exist for another tier despite mythic being a deeply flawed game mode that is carried by the hype of “being the best” and exclusive strong gear. As these are good changes m+ players should just accept they are second class and prepare to enjoy gearing exclusively from the vault again because everyone loves the vault and no one ever gets wrists+rings+neck repeatedly.

I love how every coping mplus player keeps saying mythic raid is. Flawed game mode.

Nah fam it’s the hardest content in the game which is why it rewards the best gear.

That’s MMO basics

Anyone who only does one mode of pve will
be “second class” citizens. People who do both will always have an advantage because blizzard wants people to do both.

You also act like something has changed. Outside of mythic track having two extra levels literally nothing has changed.

3 Likes

I dunno I feel the game could be in a better state if m+ rewards weren’t capped in the vault. The vault is an awful system to have as the primary source of your best gear same as it always was and its only better then previous systems because its less random then before despite still leaning way too hard on rng. M+ rewards have always been weird and I’d even say a full revamp could be in order.

Also this game is in dire need of a space between cutting edge raiding and heroic raiding. Its all well and good that players who raid mythic can get good gear, but early mythic bosses are gated by the 20 player requirements and various arbitrary limitations like server and lockout, rather then actual boss difficulty. The mythic lockout being a thing in 2024 by itself makes mythic raiding flawed as far as I am concerned. The 20 man part has pros and cons at least I can respect that having a set number makes it possible to balance it in a way that befits “mythic raiding” even if 20 is a pretty hard ask.

Its also hard to call mythic raid the hardest content in the game when you have unbalanced scaling difficulty in another game mode that keeps going.

agreed. as many of the forums trolls would say, “why do you need the best gear in game if you dont clear the highest content”?

well what i would like to say to the forum trolls is, “why do you need mythic raid gear from a mythic boss you already killed”?

end game mythic raiding should be about the challenge, then titles, mounts and feats should be the reward.

seriously?? why do us mythic raiders need gear from bosses we just downed?

i can see m+ needing better gear to a certain point due to the fact that it is ever scaling. but again even that will still need a cap. no? but mythic raid is just that. 1 end game difficulty.

mythic raid should be a stand alone mode as a challenge after you attained the highest gear in game which would be from m+10 or heroic raid. then that would be an even playing field.

2 Likes

This has been explained countless times.

Why are people like you so uninformed?

(No, seriously. I’m just fed up explaining it over and over and over and over again, at this point. What’s the point of even explaining it again? You won’t read it.)

1 Like

You would have to lose the ability to be able to spam keys then.

That’s the trade off. Mplus spam keys and get unlimited access to hero track gear and one myth track from the vault.

RAID you kill once and get multiple pieces but only one shot.

The server limitation is being removed in WW and mythic isn’t designed to be pugged.

The lockout is there for very valid reasons.

20 people isn’t hard for mythic guilds. It’s hard for heroic guilds that want to venture into mythic.

That’s because you haven’t done the hard bosses.

Nor realize the organization and planning it takes.

Not to mention mythic raiding compared to 8s is night and day easier on the mythic plus side.

2 Likes

Terrible take is terrible. Thankfully you aren’t a dev.

1 Like

I think we can all agree the Crests and Flightstones and upgrade system is pretty bad for the multitude of reasons listed in this thread alone.

This is a bunk system of grinding mats, not gear.
It’s boring. There’s no excitement to it.
It’s mobile game philosophy.
It was adopted from Diablo, and nobody liked it there either.
It also messes with the already defunct economy, further pushing wow tokens… like a mobile game.

Can someone link a source showing the item level tracks in TWW please?
Because as far as I know, 2 additional track levels of Myth aside, the Hero and Myth tracks are really close to the same.

1 Like

Er? We had item upgrades back in Mists of Pandaria.

How do item upgrades push wow tokens?

D3 came out shortly before MOP- with item upgrades.

Also, it was far more innocuous back then, not comparable to modern times.
Even Shadowlands had a better upgrade system (SL did a lot of things better than DF, and seemingly TWW…)
The system has evolved into this egregious version by 2024, to the point that multiple people complain or leave about it.
To equate the video game industry from 2012 with 2024 is a fool’s errand.

1 Like

This is really a problem for only a small % of the player base. Most players, if they do M+, aren’t going to be doing 10s on alts until late into the season if at all.

Are we regurgitating troll-rage food again?

They need go to a one track for all gear.
M+ should just get you upgraded faster and be a test for players. Clear LFR anyone does it from there on out you do it for faster upgrade crests more loot rolls. M+ should be a test of what you can do in the same gear as everyone else is wearing not be over geared for everything else.

No.

Is today terrible takes day from people that don’t even play the game?

1 Like