Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

The reality is that once you reach a certain rating you will encounter alot of mythic raiders in M+ and in DF the difference was negligible, but in shadowlands (which is where we’re headed with these changes) the difference was much larger and actually noticeable.

That doesn’t make sense. Why would Mythic Raiders bother with M+ when they should be trying to get cutting edge in the actual Mythic Raid?

You can get cutting edge by playing 6 hours a week, there’s more time in a week than 6 hours.

Ok you’re talking about 2 different things here. When pushing keys you do so with a team so where is that advantage and against whom? Your team cause your goal is push the key you are competing against the key, Other teams? Then your competing against the other team and not the key. Are you talking from a personal push experience involving pugging? That’s you competing against everyone and everything.

Cause sometimes items like IQD exist so we need too. It’s also the best way for us to farm crests.

Hahaha
I 100% belive you. Mythic raiding is fun and I wish i could do more of it.

What i said was more of a joke to segway into how much I like his guild name. Tried to say people are joining it for the name instesd of the raid team. =P

But that’s not the rating he’s talking about. I’m pretty sure he’s talking about the Keys where the gear stops dropping and the runs are pretty much just for bragging rights.

Read up from where you quoted. I address that.

The logs he linked are heroic not mythic. Might want to recheck

1 Like

Ahh my mis understanding. Its been a day lol

1 Like

Highest keys I managed to complete last season were 18’s while solely pugging. Not necessarily the highest keys in the world, but I would say doing 18’s is definitely on the same level of difficulty as doing mythic raid bosses, especially months into the patch.

Yes pugging, and that’s the experience of alot of players.

1 Like

Subjective and this is from a mythic raider and 20plus key player. I hate mplus at that level as to me its just chaos but others I play with prefer mplus and mythic raiding to them is pure chaos.

This I don’t disagree with but its also not how to game is designed to be played. Yes many improvements have been made for the pug world and im happy for you guys and if you can offer better ones that have 0 impact on us then I would support it. In saying that though you do know why an organized group will always have the advantage over a pug.

I’m going to be civil and break this down really simple. You don’t like your toy cause we have a better toy (gear) so instead of trying to break our toy (remove gear from mythic raiding ect) how about you offer improvements to yours that don’t involve touching ours. You do that and you have our support, When the gearing change to pvp happened we celebrated with those pvp players. We are not out to gatekeep you (we cant you can always form a mythic raid yourself), we are not looking down on you, we want you to enjoy the way you play the game the same way we do. What we don’t want is people who don’t participate in what we do offer opinions from the outside looking in. We don’t walk into your hobby and tell you how to run it, show the same respect.

No, I don’t think this is subjective, or at least higher level M+ in my opinion requires more personal awareness and personal responsibility, if you’re in a top 2000 guild I don’t think you mythic raid at a level that’s comparable tbh, and most of the challenge of mythic raiding is performing well as a 20-man group, there’s less pressure on individual players to perform well.

What I don’t like is that mythic raiders have an advantage over M+'ers in M+ specifically, I’m not gonna complain about going into a raid and being out ilvl’d by a mythic raider, that makes sense to me, but in M+ it’s a different story.

I named several, namely: Increasing the hero track cap to 8/8, seperating M+ gear from mythic raiding, or another one would be to change it so that higher M+ runs have a chance per week to drop myth track loot.

1 Like

Or we could let everyone get the highest ilvl gear and let difficult content rewards achivements and cosmetics. Why would mythic raiders care if normal raiders or M+ players have the same ilvl they do? It doesn’t affect them at all.

2 Likes

But you will complain that you have to be there to support your hobby.

Oh so not true and again outside looking in. Do you know how many single player mechanics result in a raid wipe when failed?

Did I disagree with any of those?

Yeah I didn’t deny this is I said it clearly here

We never said remove gear from mplus though did we?

We don’t, they already do. Why are you trying to touch the thing you don’t participate in

Why touch ours when it has nothing to do with you. Try fixing your own instead

I’ve raided 2 expansion in a top 300 and 500 guild, I have mythic raided and all I did was do good damage while listening to what my raidleader and dbm had to say, and yes I find that M+ requires more personal responsbility and awareness.

No, but you phrased it as if I didn’t offer up ideas that would improve M+ without affecting the raid.

No I didn’t. Where did I do that?

If you are refering to that then read it again. I never stated or even insinuated that you didn’t.

That doesn’t make any sense. Nobody is trying to touch anything of yours.

Wouldn’t you say this is phrased in a way that insinuates I wasn’t offering up improvements?