Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly

It’s more opinion. Guilds are massively recruiting people

People just can’t handle the scrutiny.

Yes generally if the same rewards can be obtained more efficiently with a smaller groups people will tend to go that way. Which is why generally it’s also good design to give a bit more to bigger group content so it’s not as efficient to go in smaller groups.

That’s the thing M+ wasn’t made to stand alone, it was made to be a combination with raiding or if you prefer the “PVE” side of wow. A lot of designs are made so raiders want to do m+ and so M+ players want to do raids. Next expansion won’t change that by much and I feel a lot of people exaggerate on it. If they truly wanted to “force” you to raid they would simply make raids give better ilvl. On the contrary this change remove very rare loot which scaled higher than M+ loot.

2 Likes

What percent of the player base completes a mythic raid again? Do you think it’s closer to 50% or 5%?

How many people have beat elden ring and other soulsborne games? Mythic raid is good as it is and should be more rewarding then someone who does heroic raid. If you cant handle the challange then thats a you issue not a game issue.

It’s like 5-10% that get ce. That’s also not including the people that do entry mid and get to the end and don’t get ce

Which is why generally it’s also good design to give a bit more to bigger group content so it’s not as efficient to go in smaller groups.

Absolutely. But that starts to get into my advocacy for deterministic PVP style loot in PVE.

And an important topic here is queable content versus non-queable content. Rated 3s arena was given a solo que mode in DF. And Rated BGs are getting a solo que mode in TWW. And my prediction is that this will result in a large resurgence for BGs.

Because I think people like BGs because it is an objective based mode where a greater variety of builds can be viable. And people like Arena if they happen to have 1 or 2 buddies online to que together with.

So I think PVP has FINALLY found the right balance of it’s pillars. Where solo, people will gravitate towards BGs. But in friend groups of 2 or 3 they will gravitate towards arena. And for 4 or more they will go back to BGs.

Point being. If 20 man Mythic raids were queable and Mythic dungeons required you to use reddit to find a group then the difficulty in gathering 20 players vs 5 becomes irrelevant.

That’s the thing M+ wasn’t made to stand alone, it was made to be a combination with raiding

You’re right. This is good to point out. And I think redirects the conversation to one about how the two systems are interacting.

That’s the wrong comparison.

Mythic dungeons are more like new-game+ in Elden Ring. Should the best items in Elden Ring be locked behind new-game+ ?

No.

The hardest ORIGINAL content should provide the best reward. Extra hard modes should just be for fun.

Sign it up. Put your money where your mouth is. Let’s run a mythic raid and see who’s where. 1 million gold to the best performer.

Queuable content goal normally is to have an entry level of that content.
Raids already have LFR and lower difficulties.

That’s a pretty wild hypothesis. Nah pugs for mythic raids would fail terribly, no one would queue. FF14 has this. I tried to make people do Ramuh Extreme once (by queuing because you can queue for everything) and oh god it was an amazing clownfiesta till people called it off.

It’s a lie because you don’t have to do m+. You do it because you want an advantage. Same reason people want mythic level gear. Only difference is, you’re being a hypocrite about it.

Thats where you are wrong. mythic dungeons arent new game+ its more of its own thing. If wow had new game plus you would go from 1-max with everything doing 1000% more damage vs how far can we push this infinite scaling content. so its more like risk of rain 2. But harder content gives better rewards if you arent doing hard content you dont need big rewards.

Myth track being 13 ilvl higher than hero track is not alt-friendly for Mythic raiding.

And it shouldn’t be.

Mythic raiding is content for top tier players.

Not another easy mode catering to the masses.

You still can effective play an alt.

You just can’t cheese your way to mythic raiding with it.

Have you considered actually playing the content?

1 Like

Horrible change.

From what I’ve seen in the communities/guilds that I’m in, the reaction to it ranges from neutral to highly negative, but never positive. The 6 ilvl difference was fine and palatable by most people. It also allowed players to supplement their gear with heroic raid but now that’s going to be useless.

Reverting the change to the crafted gear makes me pretty certain that this is another cash grab from Blizzard to sell more tokens to players who get shafted by this, since they’ll be forced to craft more to make up the difference.

All they had to do was add protection for vault RNG and make its gear a bit more deterministic.

Blizzard should officially change their slogan to 1 step forward, 2 steps back.

Chuckled at this.
RWF and maybe even HoF is for top tier players.
Mythic raiding is for people who can dedicate a second job’s worth of time to raiding.

The 6 ilvl difference was lame. I want to feel a nice jump between hero track and myth track.

They already made Crafted gear good again. The gearing for non Mythic raiders is going to be extremely good still.

That’s only the guild leadership. Everyone else you’re looking at 6-8 hours as the most typical investment.

1 Like

For any competent CE guild you actually do.

For your heroic green parsing over geared entry mythic kills no you don’t.

1 Like

You actually don’t need to dedicate that much time. Plenty of casual ce guilds. Sounds like a skill issue.

2 Likes

Ok week one of mythic open in tww. Ive even bookmarked this and your wowprog.

He prob won’t even have aotc by then lol

sounds like you don’t want alts, you want multiple mains

2 Likes