My time on the CC has indeed ended

The Council Discord I assume.

Here’s how it works:

• Submissions are open to any player interested in taking part in the program.
    – Once players are selected, they’ll be given the ability to post in a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone.
    – In this new forum, we’ll ask members to share their experiences and perspectives on anything in the game, and some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers.
  • Responses and updates from Blizzard will be posted there so they can easily be discussed by the entire community.
  • A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members. (This is the Council Discord)
  • Separate conversations between smaller groups of members and Blizzard developers will be encouraged to ensure players with differing perspectives are being heard.

I believe the app asks for your Discord name in addition to the Battletag and Charname-server.

All feedback for Devs, and any interactions with Devs, are to be posted in the public forums or the notes made available later. They don’t use the Discord for one on one chats with Devs. The idea was to be transparent.

2 Likes

I have a little break to respond to things and while the post is about the time I spent on the CC and to give insight on my time with it. I think what Rakkish was saying is that people are more so crapping on the concept of the CC without giving insight into their negative feels for it other than “Its a useless feature”.

I don’t really understand the point of just saying “It’s a joke” without further expressing why you felt like that like Mailborn has expressed.

2 Likes

Ohh, ok, so not something for just anyone to go join.

Thank you.

Also Yudaisun is me. I don’t know why it changed my posting character. Probably another forum glitch because she’s literally the first character on my “Change character” list. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

Thank you for doing the best that you could given the hand that you were dealt.:beers:

This is the unfortunate result of Blizzard not upholding their end of the bargain ever since the council’s inception.

The paying customers deserve more, and they have to be aware of it.

They’ve simply chosen to pretty much ignore the resource that they’ve created, which I find to be particularly egregious given the fact that they initiated this entire process to begin with.

6 Likes

The only reason CC was created was as a short-term PR stunt when Blizzard was taking all that legal-related flak.

Who was ever going to listen to the CC? The devs? The devs don’t care about anything except doing what they want; they don’t even care if the company makes money or anybody sticks around to play the game, it’s just an ego exercise, for them.

Like one of the developers told me back in BC, “It doesn’t matter if people don’t like it. WE like it.”

5 Likes

1 Like

:grimacing:

1 Like

I used to believe this, but not so much anymore. I think it’s more that there are so many of them, and the corporate structure so restrictive, that responding to most feedback is really difficult. Which is why things tend to happen that are requested eventually, but it can take years.

1 Like

(I felt targeted) you should feel that way you joined a community to express things, you just were not strong willed enough to help.

It’s far worse than that (just talk to anybody who used to work there). But that doesn’t excuse the developers’ arrogance and egotism, which is the main problem.

I have had the opportunity to meet with and sit with some of the Devs on Diablo and on WoW. They were the most honest, funny, open, and down to earth people. They LOVED chatting about what they were making, what was exciting, and teaching about how games and decisions are made. I loved it. Not even Ion was arrogant in person. He was actually very polite.

The one exception to that was one Diablo Dev who I just clashed with personality wise. Not Wyatt. He is a very kind person. That person is not at Blizzard anymore and the Diablo team just rolled out a ton of content previews of things players asked for. Much needed changes.

I hate to say this, but Giga is right. If he keeps being right I might actually take the shrink ray out of my belt.

3 Likes

Well, your experience was different from my “It doesn’t matter if people don’t like it, WE like it” reply that I got, then.

Maybe they had their Medusa Masks on when talking to you.

Was this as a member of their organizational culture/employee? Or was this as a consumer/content creator in which they had to play their PR cards for the public arena? Not knocking your experience, just curious as to the context in which you were exposed to the interaction.

2 Likes

Does CC talk about flying in the maw and Korthia? I really want that, either version or both even better

1 Like

I did speak once with Jeremy Feasel on Twitter in private. I’m sure anyone can guess what the topic was. He seemed genuinely interested in hearing what I have to say, and a certain anima power toy has a feature on it which may or may not have anything to do with that convo. I will never be sure, but I’d like to think it was.

1 Like

Maw’s a very small zone, I’m not sure flying would work well, there.

No, they did not have on their party masks. They have a valid point - while they DO listen to a ton of ideas, have great jam sessions discussing them, doing long term gaming planning, not everything is people suggest is going to make into the game.

Some things, they just feel don’t fit their vision of the game. Sort of like suggesting someone add spicy sausage to a coconut cake. It just does not meet the vision the chef has for that dish.

The biggest disconnect is that they don’t TELL us what feedback they thought was helpful, and don’t tell us if any of it is even on the drawing board. That is usually years later that we see those changes in game. That lag and lack of communication really makes them feel remote and uncaring.

Reality is nothing like that in person. They are muzzled by policy on what they can say until things are cleared for release.

What they mean is that in the end, after all feedback is considered, it is their decision that have to make. That is a factually true statement.

2 Likes

I mean, his “vision” of the game is designing over-complicated raid fights to fluff up Echo’s stream numbers, then nerfing whatever specific mechanics that he is personally failing at and not starting the new season until his guild gets CE.

I just don’t think that’s a good vision for the customers.

(And this isn’t from me. Everybody in the raid scene knows this, we’ve been watching it on repeat since Antorus.)

((And that’s not even talking about the nonsense with Zskarn last season, where the dev waited until his guild killed it using the exploit before fixing the exploit the very next day.))

3 Likes

MVPs are neither. We are not employees or compensated, although we are under NDA. It is rarely used though. We are also not influencers/streamers. The context was actual site visit and activities at Blizzard which was not in front of the public. It was Blizzcon week both years, but was not a public event.

Being an old person from the East coast I had some wine and watched HGTV instead of going to any parties later. I was asleep when most of the party things happened. I am directly aware of some mistreatment, but it was promotion and work load related, not harassment. Also not the WoW team.

I can’t speak for working with them every day, but they are also not walking demons. They are people…and people are complicated.

3 Likes