My time on the CC has indeed ended

You misunderstood. Nothing to do with you and the other poster. My mistake, I should have been more clear.

Framing it as a fight with the developers will always leave the other side less engaging.

The whole premise of OP making this thread feels egotistical.

Hope y’all in the CC realize it’s the few that unintentionally speak for the many.

4 Likes

I mean have you seen the things I type? Have you seen the topics I’ve created? Pretty average stuff. I’m by no means a Mythic +, Mythic Raider, or PvPers, but I had ideas I felt could benefit the community as a whole coming from a perspective that I play the content I enjoy the most.

I had opinions on how to make other content I don’t regularly participate in more welcoming; stuff I think would help me participate in it more often and I got pushback from within the CC over it. So there are heavy disagreements that happen behind closed doors in the CC discord, ya’ll just aren’t privy to it.

I was hella passionate about everything I ever posted, every topic I ever created. It’s just a shame some people in this thread are looking for battle fuel to further their dissent towards the CC rather than just having the discussion on the insights I posted while I was a member.

Aww thanks buddy! :dracthyr_love_animated:

My people needed me. This is just me returning home!

My bad on that then. I apologize.

Ignoring the first part of your post because I mean you can see what you want but that wasn’t my intention. I spoke a hell of a lot for the people here. I didn’t care about reputation or notoriety, so long as I spoke my mind and helped raise other peoples concerns with the platform I was given. I saw problems and I tried to bring eyes on them to fix them.

5 Likes

I don’t blame the OP. I blame Blizzard.

Blizzard purposely set a divide between its subscribers. There are those hand-chosen few who Blizzard will pretend to listen to. Then, there are the filthy unwashed masses Blizzard not only ignores, but they announce they will ignore them in favor of their hand picked “council.”

Blizzard sets these people as better than us. As the superior Forum Poster.

It may go to their head.

1 Like

You’re pointing that finger of yours to the wrong individual.

2 Likes

Doesn’t seem egotistical to me at all. It reads more like a resignation announcement more than anything /shrug

5 Likes

Don’t get me wrong, I have a lot of respect for people who volunteer their time to try and make the game better for others. That’s what you did, you have my respect for it. It’s still a bad system, but maybe your farewell thread isn’t the place to bring that up, I’m sorry :stuck_out_tongue: I hope you enjoy more peaceful times ahead.

1 Like

The OP stated they were removed from the Council by Blizzard, and it was not voluntary. The title sounds like it was, but that is not the case.

I do know that discussing admin aspects of the Council is not something we are supposed to do, and discussing account actions on the forums is also something we are not allowed to do as players.

Council members, or anyone else, are free to hate things Blizzard does. To dislike game changes/lack of changes. It is how they say it that draws the line.

Sometimes passion can overrule better judgement.

This thread seems like a really bad idea.

4 Likes

I mean it wasn’t going to happen if the “CC is a mistake” crowd didn’t show up. I honestly feel like they didn’t read a single bit of my thread but ya know, they just won’t be invited to the vodka beach after party!

4 Likes

Hopefully you will get something back out of all this- great fodder for your fantasy characters!

Will be interested after your break, to hear what you are writing.

Good wishes to your mom, take care, and enjoy your time away!

:purple_heart: :cupcake: :cupcake:

1 Like

We have alt accounts necro’ing threads almost every single week. We have people misusing the flag system almost every single week. We have people making the most ridiculous of ideas almost every single week. Best part about this place… is that when somebody decides to side with another individuals idea… they still get flame for it.

So long as a thread has positive motives and reinforcement behind it, I see no reason to see it looked at in a wrong way.

5 Likes

I don’t see it but everyone will see something different I guess.

As I said in a post just below this. My thread seemed to have devolved when the “CC is a mistake” crowd decided to show up displaying that they did not read the thread at all.

My original intention of this thread was to bring insight into my experiences as a CC member for the year I had and to inform people that it’s not a side gig for everyone. I also wanted to help dispel misconceptions (as I have always attempted to do) about the CC as well as information should someone here want to try out for the CC mantle. I also wanted to express how much I appreciate the support I was given by people here and where I’m going from here on.

Like Thomacles said; it’s simply just announcement for the people who appreciated my time spent so they aren’t left wondering what happened to me and the where, what, when, and why of it.

5 Likes

I think having fancy text makes some people who don’t understand what the community council is think you work for Blizzard, like the blue text people, so they expect a lot more from you even though you don’t get paid.

Of course, gnomes have a secret power that lets us change the background color of our text whenever we want.

4 Likes

We do?

The most I can do is this. Please share secrets. c:

4 Likes

I think you’re just fine!

1 Like

I’m sorry to hear about your losses. That can be challenging. I lost both parents in 2022, a little over three months apart. They both were unexpected deaths and were healthy up until the months before their passing.

Take the time you need to heal, and welcome back!

1 Like

As an addition to this; I haven’t?

Again I didn’t say how or what got me removed, simply that I was removed. I didn’t cite the post, I didn’t relay what I was told upon removal. I simply said I was removed due to my actions as unfortunate as they were.

Discussing the equivalent of HR actions tend to be considered discussing admin things internal to the Council. Running to the forums to say you got removed, is likely something they are not going to be thrilled with.

Right… they don’t let us discuss account actions at all. Addition to, or removal from, is an action on the account.

You said you made some unfortunate decisions about posting things and it led to your removal. I am trying to say, this thread is a bad idea as well.

This is really up to the Council Lead I guess. Unless mods kill it first.

1 Like

The community council should use more gnome avatars!

I agree those are so adorable, increase gnomes

3 Likes

Sad they never responded to the thread you made on the constant phasing, shard crap in this stupid game. Was a good thread Ravij :slightly_smiling_face: That crud has happened 3 times in last 45 minutes doing the suffusion camp weekly.

2 Likes