My time on the CC has indeed ended

Somehow, one almost gets the feeling that those, who express a bit more criticism towards WoW and generally communicate with “normal” players are the first ones to get kicked out of the program. Maybe I’m just imagining it, but oh well.
Anyway, thank you for your contributions and also for your recent comment in the GD. Hopefully, you can relax a little more now. You’ve been through a lot. I wish you good thoughts.

2 Likes

Huh? Just now seeing this

I wonder what happened

If I could post my favorite sus emoji in here I would. But everything in my OP is as detailed as I’m possibly allowed to go.

Anyway; for everyone else I’m going to start winding down my posts. I’ve said my peace and got stuff to do today in the thing we try to ignore most of the time called Real Life.

(tried to find a gif of the Queen lyrics, alas, mission unaccomplished.) Take care all!

1 Like

Love how now the whole working of the Community Counsel is some top secret door knocking that is to be hush hush. Maybe because it is truly a broken system that was just tossed out as bait to the WoW players like it really would matter when it doesn’t. Clearly it doesn’t serve the greater good of the WoW Community as a whole, it is as many say, just a PR stunt, and there is no transparency in it.

1 Like

You clearly haven’t read all the threads and comments I and others made about the CC.

Thanks Ravji,

The C.C has provided a lot of feedback, We don’t know if X/Y change was because of the C.C. or because other forums, since C.C is like a reflection of other forum sections with a smaller sample.

As players we shouldn’t get mad at other members, I know some have weird takes and even called some players “pathetic”…etc ,that I hope Blizzard take a look into that kind of takes.

However, the C.C has been failing because of Community Managers and Devs lack of interaction, There’s multiple threads asking about their purpouse, Ravji did some of those and now We’ve new members but 0 post from Blizzard with any possible change…

We’re almost April and the last Live Chat was uploaded at the begining of December, Why they don’t do this a Monthly thing? or Bi-Monthly…

They focus too much in the current content and new content, then We’ve TONS of threads in the C.C for improvements to old things being ignored.

At this point after 3 iterations, Its about time they provide some improvements to the dynamic, it feels bad for C.C members and the community that a lot of topics are ignored.

The worst part is that now, we’ve tons of threads that are practically dead if new members don’t reply and the OP is not longer there present to communicate his/her ideas.

I hope some new C.C member bring this topic back even if Ravji isn’t there…We still don´t have a blue response…

3 Likes

I once made a thread “A Day In the Life of Gigabear,” so I definitely see no issue here at all.

Ah, I didn’t realize who the author was. Was a favorite of mine in the CC forum.

2 Likes

I still admire your dedication.
In a game where you have the choice between a faction with demigods, who are nevertheless incompetent for almost everything, and a faction that follows any random lunatic like sheep and cheerfully keeps on killing everything around them anew… you really are the only right choice.

1 Like

People really had to make this about the CC instead of you retiring. If they have grievances, this is the weirdest place to have aired them out.
Take care though lad, hope your few months do you well.

2 Likes

Dearest Ravij,

First let me say I am very sorry for your losses. Stress can play a big factor in our responses. Also I thoroughly enjoyed reading your thread and the emotions it conveyed as well as your restraint in blaming others. Merely stating opinions from your point of view is admirable. You should still stand tall behind your thoughts on the CC and the communication you observed in your tenure.

No matter how logical or trying not to sound acrimonious in our responses during stress reading, interpreting, and responding can get mixed up. I also “suffer” (lol) from trying to title or write something and realize farther down the line more exactly what I wanted to say. By the time I edit no one is reading that part anymore.

Also, sometimes when that flash point is activated our minds typically need to wait two to three days to respond. Unfortunately such is the nature of forums one has minutes to gather thoughts and respond - and try to keep emotion out of it. I see a few here and there that can do this and really admire this ability. I don’t have it. I can cultivate a certain amount of it, but innately that’s not how I’m built. Becoming a Stepford Wife(not saying they are - see, we just have to continually adjust a line as not to be misinterpreted, and even that’s usually not enough) is not in my dna, and that’s how I view changing myself too much to suit someone else’s needs. To be kinder, a better person, or learn away to express myself is something worth working towards.

Due to emotions I can read something semi-innocuous and flash at the insensitivity of responses. Later I’ll read it and think I should have toned that one down. And sometimes there are people that totally lack EI - emotional intelligence. This has been documented as an important factor in communication and truly affects communication. Others just like to bite. We can’t be responsible for their attitudes, only do the best we can as ourselves without shame.

Your op is written well, without contention, and with the facts from your pov. I wish paragraph seven would or could have been more fleshed out - but we don’t want to write books on the forum! But I think that paragraph gave us the most info we really needed and would have like to explored.

You did well, both in your posts and responses. And I’m sure you should be proud of your input on the CC. You can’t please everyone, and everyone interprets things differently, and some are nasty for the sake of being nasty. If you are satisfied with your finishing statements and thoughts be proud. I know a little validation would be nice, but when you read through the responses and ignore the argumentative ones there are quite a few people validating what you said and wishing you well.

Hoping this comes out right,
love & light,
Lia
:four_leaf_clover: :green_heart: :butterfly:

5 Likes

So quick question, which discord was referenced there?

Here is my two cents.

The CC was a waste of time. Blizzard is a big boy, they dont need to be told by us how to make the game better. As devs, they should already be doing that.

I am tired of being treated like an unpaid intern and beta tester, and this is not limited to WoW. Live service games in general treat their playerbases as the external QA teams.

Blizzard should have known that Fire Whirl was OP. It took three days to nerf it, and its still an outlier as far as I saw last night. QA would have caught that.

The chat issue of this patch? That def should have been caught.

Blizzard should not have to have a bunch of gold text pleading with them to do something with the actual WoW PvP, like new maps and such. They shouldnt have to drudge around the forums, wading through crap feedback like “it sucks” without any expounding on why it sucks.

They should be able to play the game they made themselves, and look at it from the view of the players. They know the feedback of the past. I swear, its almost like politics. We know certain policies work, we just refuse to go back to those policies for some reason.

2 Likes

He got fired from… the cc. This thread is literally about the cc.
As per the OPs own description of the thread.

If talking about the cc is off topic then i dont know what the heck is on topic lol

1 Like

The Council Discord I assume.

Here’s how it works:

• Submissions are open to any player interested in taking part in the program.
    – Once players are selected, they’ll be given the ability to post in a new discussion forum that is publicly visible to everyone.
    – In this new forum, we’ll ask members to share their experiences and perspectives on anything in the game, and some topics may be started by Blizzard developers and community managers.
  • Responses and updates from Blizzard will be posted there so they can easily be discussed by the entire community.
  • A private discussion will also be setup for Council members to encourage direct interaction between members. (This is the Council Discord)
  • Separate conversations between smaller groups of members and Blizzard developers will be encouraged to ensure players with differing perspectives are being heard.

I believe the app asks for your Discord name in addition to the Battletag and Charname-server.

All feedback for Devs, and any interactions with Devs, are to be posted in the public forums or the notes made available later. They don’t use the Discord for one on one chats with Devs. The idea was to be transparent.

2 Likes

I have a little break to respond to things and while the post is about the time I spent on the CC and to give insight on my time with it. I think what Rakkish was saying is that people are more so crapping on the concept of the CC without giving insight into their negative feels for it other than “Its a useless feature”.

I don’t really understand the point of just saying “It’s a joke” without further expressing why you felt like that like Mailborn has expressed.

2 Likes

Ohh, ok, so not something for just anyone to go join.

Thank you.

Also Yudaisun is me. I don’t know why it changed my posting character. Probably another forum glitch because she’s literally the first character on my “Change character” list. :dracthyr_shrug:

2 Likes

Thank you for doing the best that you could given the hand that you were dealt.:beers:

This is the unfortunate result of Blizzard not upholding their end of the bargain ever since the council’s inception.

The paying customers deserve more, and they have to be aware of it.

They’ve simply chosen to pretty much ignore the resource that they’ve created, which I find to be particularly egregious given the fact that they initiated this entire process to begin with.

6 Likes

The only reason CC was created was as a short-term PR stunt when Blizzard was taking all that legal-related flak.

Who was ever going to listen to the CC? The devs? The devs don’t care about anything except doing what they want; they don’t even care if the company makes money or anybody sticks around to play the game, it’s just an ego exercise, for them.

Like one of the developers told me back in BC, “It doesn’t matter if people don’t like it. WE like it.”

5 Likes

1 Like