My thoughts on DF review of sorts (no bueno.)

I had someone ask me on Reddit why I didn’t recommend Dragonflight and I wanted to share my answer/write up for them. I love this game. I have played for over 15 years. The past 3 expansions is not something I am proud of purchasing. I honestly feel like I am paying Blizzard to beta test their game.

After I got loremaster and cleared mythics/raid there was nothing that brought me back to play. This expansion feels like absolutely bare minimum effort. I was expecting something great after BFA and Slands failed. The weekly events on the dragon isles (Community soup, hunts, etc) are so bland and lack any depth. The community soup causes extreme amounts of unplayable lag in the zone Azure Span. I am pretty sure this has been fixed. But the last time I played about 2 weeks ago it was not. I also lagged and disconnected while doing the world boss. Anything with tons of players the game is unplayable.

I wish that was the only issue. Blizzard has proved since pre-patch they are completely incapable of fixing bugs and reading beta reports/feedback. There are still many bugs, glitches, and exploits that have been reported since beta that are not being fixed. This goes for Classic WOTLK too. Early exploiters were not punished in DF. So people now take advantage of what they can before the exploits are fixed.

The game outside of Dragon Isles is just a wreck it has been completely abandoned, old content is riddled with scaling bugs, quests that are glitched or cannot be completed. The scaling of BFA is just nauseating. It feels like private server quality. No flying in BFA is so stupid. New players get a quest to learn flying - return to BFA and can’t fly. You cannot use chromie time on accounts with no level 60 (or 70 now?) You cannot use chromie time at max level. So enjoy a soulless world where you one shot everything mindlessly doing quests before you burn out.

Once you complete the quests in Dragon Isles (and there aren’t many) you start to see just how barebones this expansion is. You are left with the same gameplay loop we have had since legion. M+ (These are just terrible, especially if you are not playing a class with high mobility.) PVP (No new battlegrounds, solo queue was new I guess but as turned out to be a major fail in the community) Raid (Boring and rushed . Compared to CN…yuck) This is the expansion we needed to see something new added to the loop such as housing.

The community at this point is just not worth the stress, I deal with just about as many trolls and toxic players as I do in games like League of Legends. The forum is just as bad to be honest.

Another thing I want to mention is the laughably boring rep grinds they added. The Obsidian Sanctum and Cobalt Assembly. This was proof enough that development time was cut short. This is world of warcraft in 2022/3, and this is the type of innovative content you give us? Terrible.

But don’t worry guys we get the trading post in 10.0.5 that will save WoW! Nothing is better than more painted on armor mogs. Well wrong, as of today I still read reports of it not working correctly. It took them over a week to get it in working condition after release. And that was exactly what the community needed to see. Since then - the talk of bugs, and exploits have been way more common, rose colored glasses off people are leaving left and right because this is the third botched expac in a row.

Honorable mentions : Massive stutters with DF client

This has not been fixed after months of prepatch. Retail runs terrible on newer PCs. They can’t seem to figure out the issue and have added things like Nvidia reflex and a new thing coming in 10.0.7 with texture mapping improvements or something? Doesn’t fix it either according to reliable sources in that thread… They are just throwing darts at this point.

“Well there’s classic!” Well yeah if you don’t mind playing with mountains of bots and not getting anywhere once max level because everyone who even still runs heroics are running heroic + …they do not want fresh 80s for that content.

Had to share: Botting is not a Problem

Positives?
Dragon riding is fun and faster than auto swimming in the air.

Professions although they need work has been improved a lot.

Talent coming back although they need work has been a great addition

Music is absolutely top tier.

Zones and atmosphere is amazing. As always art top tier.

Weird how the music and art have been carrying the game for three expansions now.

Take what you want with all this. If you enjoy the game play it. But you’re gonna run into a lot of problems.

Jumps into air on Dragon, spirals away

You have been disconnected.

19 Likes

Disconnected

13 Likes

wall of text so fierce it disconnects you from the thread

1 Like

Wall of texts are posts without paragraphs. If you don’t like to read why are you on a forum?

13 Likes

ok bye

I disagree with pretty much all of your points but you’ve already said you’re not here for conversation so I won’t bother detailing why.

6 Likes

2 Likes

I agree, for the most part, even if you won’t read my reply ~ and respond. Op.

2 Likes

Tons of people saying the same thing and leaving for the same reasons, followed by the people responding as if your opinions are baseless and the game is amazing. The cycle of decline continues.

11 Likes

I’ll read em for a bit :slight_smile: But I know what it turns into. Like:

How do you disag

You have been disconnected.

5 Likes

I disagree about the Cobalt Assembly rep grind. This is one of those rep grinds that becomes very satisfying if you grind it out in one or two sittings. The secondary stat buffs can scale up to 100 stacks and you’re just obliterating everything in your path. I wish more rep grinds were like this. Bonus for the fact that we can actually just sit out and grind this faction all in one sitting. None of this “wait for more quests to become available” BS.

If you’re leaving and coming back and your buffs are always near the baseline, then yeah, I’d agree it would suck.

Alternatively, the Artisan’s Guide reputation has to be one of the worst in the game. Get X number of weekly quests and that’s it. Wish I knew about the contract Scribes can make so I could have finished these guys off, sooner.

2 Likes

No one likes to read a dissertation of an opinion people attempt to pass off as fact tbh.

Peoples personal experience isn’t a fact. Paladins needing a major rework. Fact. Someone whose potato can’t operate the game is a fact for them, not everyone else.

2 Likes

Look at the tech support forums.

That is all.

Take care all, thanks for reading :slight_smile:

2 Likes

“Look at the tech forum where people are supposed to go to report technical issues. That must mean there’s nothing but technical issues since the tech forum is full of technical report issues.”

Nice.

3 Likes

Thank you for posting this. While I dont agree with everything you say, overall i think you were pretty spot on. Df has some good, it has some bad. I still think its overall fine but if things dont shake up in a patch or so i think ill find something else to play.

4 Likes

A few things If I may!

This expansion unlike others has gotten me someone who absolutely hates questing to actually go out and experience quests, Sure some of them are cringe but compared to… the last Howeverlong it’s been since burning crusade prepatch came out originally, Has been the last time I did quests for fun(Hint, I never did and I started in BC prepatch)

wether or not SL/BFA failed depends entirely on your point of view as an individual and the content you consume, As someone that doesn’t raid that much anymore, And only does M+

BFA/SL M+ was great, And I personally enjoyed what Covenants allowed to happen, However there was a lot of things that BFA and SL did wrong, And a content drought and poor writing were both big things.

So while others did not like them, I did and it’s ok because everyones entitled to form their own opinion.

They are a bit cringe, But they are something to do! so y’know take it or leave it.

That’s not soup specific, I play on one of the most populated servers in the game and it’s fine for me, Most of that was COBALT power problems and it’s been long since fixed over a month ago.

Completely agree, blizzard has issues fixing bugs and they need to be better at it.

see above.

Yes that is also stupid.

felt like there was plenty to me but I digress

This is my primary form of gameplay, And as someone that typically only plays casters/classes with mobility issues, Yes M+ can be frustrating and DF is very anti ranged currrently.

New battlegrounds need to happen more often, I agree

I enjoyed VoTi, Much like I Enjoyed CN, Both have their ups and downs much like Daddy Denathrius choking half the femboys in my raid gro- I mean throwing us around.

I would argue that LoL, Overwatch, Valorant, ETc has more toxicity and trolls than WoW but WoW isn’t healthy either.

rep grinds like these have existed since Day DOT in the game, This is not an indicator of the game being cut short in dev time.

It had a few hiccups but works fine now, It’s not meant to save wow it’s just a few extra niceties for those that are long term subscribers

Actually DF has had an overwhelmingly positive review if not for the few very annoying higgly bits, See below

While I havn’t experienced this, Many have and blizzard needs to pull their thumb out.

I personally have no issues running it, Infact On an IGP for shiggles, I was able to achieve 165FPS in Open world because I was using my DGPU for AI art rendering at the time.

Can’t say, Don’t play classic.

Stop hitting tree’s.

4 Likes

I don’t agree with everything you said but a lot of your posts I do agree with…

3 Likes

If you don’t like the word “tons” as it’s too broad for interpretation, replace it with “every single day other players…”

Same difference.

3 Likes

While there are still bugs, to say they havent been making efforts to fix anything is just well… blatantly ignorant. They have been consistently patching on a nearly weekly basis to fix bugs, tune classes/content, etc. They still have a lot to work on, but to say they are ignoring it is simply incorrect. Personally I feel they have been pretty responsive and have been showing them making an active effort to the game. Maybe you dont see it that way, but from an outlook from previous expansions, its a step in the right direction.

That’s every online game in 2023 honestly. People love to just be toxic and rude these days.

This isnt true at all, every class is viable in M+, higher 20+ keys you do need a proper amount of interrupts, cc, etc, but practically most classes and specs can bring that to the table. Some are more efficient than others in that aspect.

Nobody said it was going to save WoW. Adding more content into the game isnt a bad thing. In fact, it incentivizes players to log and focus on doing something to obtain monthly time limited rewards. While I agree it took an incredible amount of effort to implement, we dont know what’s going on their end. You just seem very hateful and arent going to budge anytime soon.

I have a fairly new PC. I have only had slight issues in the beginning of the expansion, but going forward Ive had zero issues with stuttering. Not sure what is going on with people’s systems on their end with the game.

3 Likes

Ya pretty much … when it comes to GD, it’s safe to assume there will be a lot of push back and some off the cuff responses.

4 Likes

That’s a metric hard pressed to be taken seriously when known trolls make repeat posts over and over again.

I’m not going to say DF is perfect, but let’s not be disingenuous that those things don’t happen.

1 Like