My "Social" experience leveling a new toon thanks to no RDF

Notice the highlighted portion, Chances. RDF = More Chances for socialization, not less. Chance does not mean it will happen, just that it could.

Not on one server. Servers were much smaller in og Wrath, but the open world felt much more alive (players actively leveling in it).

1 Like

I just love a man with a huge… post count. :heart_eyes::heart_eyes::heart_eyes:

1 Like

I agree to this. Could be a byproduct of phasing.

Like I said we will see.

One thing to also keep in mind, some people are not subbed because of the lack of RDF. If they hear and know Wrath classic has no plans of implementing it, they don’t sub.

I have a friend who is just that, excited about hearing Wrath but when told they had no intention of bringing RDF they just didn’t come back.

Why? Because we played together during TBC and we basically just quested to 70 with the odd occasional dungeon here or there. They didn’t want to do that all over again.

2 Likes

Which is not helpful… considering my guess is that you are probably out of touch of how much retail has changed and you say this:

It is true that the content in wrath exists in retail… but content is irrelevant there, you dont see someone recruiting people to do ICC heroic 10 man with people having their XP locked at a certain level in retail.

Even if you add RDF to Wrath classic, Wrath classic and retail are still completely different games.

3 Likes

I’m sure we will.

We agree that chance does not mean it will happen, but incentives do increase those chances. RDF removes those incentives; it doesn’t matter how many people you put together, I think incentives matter more.

No they have not. Getting a group is such an ordeal that people will endure a massive amount of crp out of fear that if this lousy group fails they won’t get another until they far out level the dungeon and it’s no longer worth doing.

4 Likes

You shouldn’t be guessing when you can simply ask me.

But you could.

And yet you’d want to make them more alike?

It’s certainly designed to be an option. Blizzard from the begining gave you 10 character slots per server and 50 slots over all.

4 Likes

True, but having 10+ max level toons gets rather messy.

Indeed! And, I shouldn’t dismiss that as a valid gameplay style. There are many ways to enjoy this game!

I used to get stressed out from having alts, because I felt responsible for gearing them.

Because seeing you jump through hoops of terrible logic while tears stream down your face is a good read often times. :popcorn:

At least give a perma 50% xp buff for characters under 70, levelling alts is torture.

Who says you have to max level them all? I had just 2 max level toons at 60 when bc came out but 10 total on my first server at many different levels. I deleted the few alliance alts and started over on a different server and leveled 2 allliance alts to 70 as well as leveling my 2 capped horde alts to 70. Now I had an alliance server and a horde server because I had too many alts for one server. Over all I had about 16 alts at different levels on 2 servers. That continued expansion to expansion and while I always spent some time playing the lower level alts I didn’t always level them up. I was always able to keep 2 horde and 2 alliance alts at cap but the number above that that I was able to cap varied. At the end of some expansions I might have just my main 4 capped at the end, of others I might have 7 capped.

1 Like

I disagree, RDF does not remove those incentives. You could argue that cross realm RDF does, and I would have to concede that you have a point.

Cross realm RDF has positives and negatives.

1 Like

Ok? do you play retail?

Define “You could”?

Because the only wrath content you realistically could do in retail is when it is during a Timewalking week but than you are limited certain dungeons on timewalking and you only could do Ulduar.

You could lock your XP at level 30 in retail but good luck finding people to do raids in wrath with their XPs locked at 30.

What even is this question?

I dont want to them to more alike.

Adding RDF doesn’t make wrath classic more like retail, still a completely different game, even if you add it.

2 Likes

Played SL first patch and hated it. Played BFA and Legion. Hated them. Played WoD… really freaking hated it.

MoP was okay. Cartoony, but moderately okay.

So build it and they will come.

Oh yeah it does. Wotlj is already simplified enough to be closer to retail and yiu want to add fuel to the fire.

Wait until after dragonflight releases, when wrath servers seriously lack people. Then the wailing and crying for rdf will be everywhere.