My "Social" experience leveling a new toon thanks to no RDF

Yup thats right kids yet another post about RDF. If these posts bother you then why are you still reading at this point? Why even click on it?

Anyways I have had this toon about 3 weeks now. Questing is a slog and getting into a dungeon is a terrible experience. I have ran 3 dungeons while trying to find one every time I am on player. Last dungeon I ran pretty much sums up the experience. Spent about 30 minutes putting the group together. Then spent another 15 minutes getting everyone there. We start the dungeon and immediately one of the DPS disconnects and never returns. Then shortly later we find we are getting crap xp because we have a player who way higher than he should be. Sure we should have paid more attention to players level but by the time we got the group together we were just glad to get going. I forget the name of the dungeon but its that one in ashenvale that is a pain in the butt to get to.

If anything we need RDF for 1 to 79 content. Putting heroic groups together is usually not too bad. Enough is enough. Blizzard is going to kill their own game if they continue this direction.

106 Likes

as long as they dont autoteleport to dungeon, you can have LFD.

9 Likes

The old dungeons really needed LFD but Blizzard wouldn’t listen. That content is dead and gone. All you can do is solo your way up, which isn’t difficult, but damn is it boring.

52 Likes

How would, “Random Dungeon Finder” help you get to a specific dungeon?

4 Likes

The RDF feature would form the group and port you just inside the entrance to the random dungeon. No need to go to a summoning stone and/or wait. No need to travel to a dungeon at all.

16 Likes

Well, considering that Blizzard has specifically mentioned that they don’t want auto-forming groups and teleporting anyone to a dungeon… good luck getting RDF.

10 Likes

All I know is that leveling alts or new players is a crap show for wrath classic. the stretch from 50-58 is a mood killer let alone 65-68. I for one am tired of hoping on and not finding anyone who is my lvl range and is LFG. Then there is the whole traveling to each dungeon and waiting for another person. Players are either taking there sweet time or dont know where they are going. I mean porting in and out is not that bad, I mean you port to and from where you originally were. At this point the rdf is the best thing. With out some form of manageable lvling system outside of questing where xp is gained at a proper rate; lvling alts is nothing more than a turn off.

Then there is the fact that since the new dungeon finder system was released; to this day People still do not understand or know how to use it as it should be used. People are using it to chat and troll in lfg STILL. We want to be able to use a dungeon finder system that gets us in a group so we can enjoy the game more.

Screw the social obligation players THINK exist. If a player wants to socialize fine do in your guild and general chat. Besides people who use the current DF dont really say anything to each other outside of the initial meet and greet at start. That pretty much makes the social aspect that players think is important go right out the window.

26 Likes

Judging that this is 1 of 2 posts you ever made, I imagine this has been a bad day for you and are using the forums to vent but if not i’ll answer some of your questions.

Although I am starting to see the appeal of the RFD system for leveling in dungeons that aren’t always flooded but let me run some things down.

You are concerned with the XP you’re getting, you are aware dungeons are not the best XP in the game? If you just wanted to get XP quests are the way to go over doing a group, the only reason RDF is some what decent XP still is because it does all the work of bringing you to the are you need to be + finding people even if they’re capable or not of doing their role.

If it’s due to server population that sounds like a population issue not a lack of RFD issue, I know it sucks but servers die and there are times when you should 100% consider going to a more live server. Besides Guild/Auction House/Community reasons.

Dungeons were never meant to be a “Need to do” bases, but rather a once in a while to do bases. Playing with 5x friends you have something to do together or find 4x strangers to do it but not like other games like FF14 where you do them as part of part of the tied game experience esp the older dungeons.

Although I understand the wanting the 1-79 RFD the reasoning still stands’

1. It wasn’t in Wrath at the time yet
  2. It won’t stop being demanded for current content and devalue Heroics because Blizzard knows players won’t stop demanding it to be added to 90 content
5 Likes

Meanwhile when you queue for a bg……

26 Likes

BGs are PvP, player versus player. If you don’t have matchmaking you don’t get BGs, not balanced in numbers BGs anyways.

And we’re also talking about minimum 20 players per BG, it’s a lot more people to deal with. Imagine having to organize an AV manually.

3 Likes

Naxx doesn’t have a 25 man version xd

2 Likes

Naxx is PvE. Warsong Gulch is 10 players from each faction.

2 Likes

Good luck running for Vanilla Dungeons, especially if your on a different continent.

3 Likes

It’s the same thing. Pvp and PVE differences don’t matter one bit when talking about “the pillars”. The excuse they give is contradicting. If you dont see the parallel then you are acting ignorant or trolling.

19 Likes

It’s not the same thing. You just don’t want to admit what you said was wrong.

4 Likes

Ok I’ll break it down for you since you have a desire to play oblivious.

PVE is for social activity
Pvp is for social activity

PVE kills things
Pvp kills things

PVE has to manually form groups
Pvp clicks one button and doesn’t.

PVE needs to travel to their instance
Pvp does not. They get teleported.

PVE is same server
Pvp is xrealm

PVE wants the same thing as PvP

PVE gets ignored because it’s anti social.

PVE thinks it’s hypocritical

Pvp says it’s not because…. Just because….

35 Likes

done it all of classic…

and TBC

When you get to a dungeon with your group do you have to then wait in a queue while the monsters manually form their group? Maybe taking 5-30 minutes depending on how many monsters feel like being in that dungeon at a given time?

Do you need to get 80 real humans together for a dungeon like you would for AV?

The comparison is asinine.

8 Likes

I get the feeling this topic is just recreated over and over by the 2-3 people.

The current LFG system is working. At this point in the game leveling with heirlooms is faster when chaining quests. It’s ok to be social while questing in the open world too.

5 Likes

Lol my experience on my server has been the exact opposite. I most often get groups in a timely manor, everyone seems polite and helpful. Rarely had a wipe, but mistakes do happen time to time. I’m also very laid back and chill as even when things do go belly up i carry on with my day like nothing ever happened. I sense much anger in you young one. This is the path to the dark side. Perhaps you’d be better off going back to retail where simple luxuries like RDF are welcomed. Classic isn’t for everyone.

3 Likes