My "Social" experience leveling a new toon thanks to no RDF

Making even more assumptions i see.

1 Like

Meanwhile, the vast majority of players are enjoying the game rather than complaining on the forumsā€¦

1 Like

Iā€™ve noticed a pattern: take an opinion, establish it as a fact, exaggerate one observation, generalize it, try to use logic to no avail, resort to discrediting or insulting others. In that order, every single time.

Hey, on the upside, adding RDF would allow all the ret crybabies to reroll warlock just to be overpowered, but get rekt anyways cuz they cant l2p.

Funny, Iā€™ve seen anti-rdf people say ā€œQuesting is meta, questing is faster thatā€™s why nobody does dungeonsā€

But now itā€™s suddenly the path of least resistence? Which is it?

3 Likes

I am advocating for more socialization not less. RDF = More CHANCES for socialization to occur, not less.

I played og Wrath, the open world was never EVER this dead when RDF existed, even on a server much larger than anything og wrath had. Plain old common sense would suggest more players leveling = a more active world.

I am not a fan of the negative interactions, but social interactions like drive by buffing that happens in the open world (when it has players in it) are positive.

4 Likes

For those that donā€™t get what my pointy eared friend is saying, is that this little debate of ā€œrdfā€ is held by a yiny fraction of people on the forums and when we look at server populations as a whole, theres no where near enough traffic on the topic for Blizzard to waste any further time changing things. I feel he makes a rather great point. :wink:

Adding rdf changes the formula of what weā€™re doing now so behaviors would change with it.

And youā€™re opposed to getting people to play together instead of solo questing to 80? Never interacting with anyone else, playing a single player RPG?

3 Likes

I felt the need to let you know this simply is not true, at the end of each area there is a dungeon to finish it all off, so yes, they were a meant to be done thing.

Levelling in one or multi spamming you are correct however, thatā€™s not by design

2 Likes

You donā€™t know that. You only know that the vast majority are not posting on the forums, neither for or against adding rdf or for any other reason. It could be that the vast majority are doing a cost benefit analysis of the game and while it tips slightly in favor of continuing to play leaves them disappointed with many aspects of the game.

4 Likes

Yeahā€¦ self-explanatory.

You mean, when there were over 12mil people playing the game?

Let me try to explain that differently: negative interactions canā€™t be predicted nor controlled, what you have control over is how you react to those. Having negative interactions teach you how to deal with those situations, and how to deal with frustration; then you are given a choice of how youā€™ll react to negative situations while interacting with others.

When RDF was first introduced, nothing much changed in terms of social interactions, then it changed, and people would either kick you or leave when someone made a mistake. Today, people are sitting down and talk about those mistakes rather than kicking others or leaving; they have developed better coping mechanisms.

Iā€™m not a fan of negative interactions either, but Iā€™m not taking away those learning opportunties too.

This is where we (you an i) have common ground as we both do see a problem here but. Iā€™m just not sure what the over all cause is and the data available is very limited so Iā€™m not sure what solution or if a solution is needed.

Playing og wotlk and tbc i always found people questing and the world looks rsther barren these days. I for one would love more clarity from Blizzard on what exactly is going on. Maybe itā€™d be a great time to remove phasing. I donā€™t know.

I do have a main and an alt at 80, both of which I am raiding on, and leveling alts is not the focus on my day-to-day gameplay at the moment.

While leveling? You donā€™t actually even need to run dungeons while leveling. Iā€™m pretty sure that itā€™s faster and even provides more resources to solo quest while leveling.

But, during WoW Classic and TBC Classic, as someone who prefers dungeon spamming, I leveled 4 characters almost solely through dungeon spamming, at various phases, so Iā€™m well aware of the difficulties that one can face in getting dungeon teams together, as well as the opportunities for cultivating social connections that it can provide.

While sure this is an MMOā€¦ that doesnā€™t mean that nobody wants to solo level. I donā€™t personally enjoy solo leveling that much (though I suppose I might on some classes, like a mage, more than on others, like a paladin).

This is an interesting statement. Are there new players? Would vets refuse to make alts, because of how horrible the experience is, or rather simply not make alts, because theyā€™ve been playing for 3 years and and have all of their alts at max level now?

Sure for some people constantly rerolling is how they play this game, but that doesnā€™t mean thatā€™s how itā€™s designed to be played, nor that thatā€™s how most people play it. Maybe it is though! And then we really need to rethink our reliance on raid log stats for judging server populations.

OK. Retail has RDF, so at least you have a solution to that problem.

Dungeons are in the game. Certainly you are entitled to have your own opinion, and preferring Dungeon Finder is a valid opinion! However, that doesnā€™t change the fact that the game is thriving. Classicā€™s population has never been better. People are playing.

There is if thatā€™s what youā€™re going through. Youā€™ll probably remember it for a very long time. If not, well maybe end-game isnā€™t worth it for you. Maybe Classic isnā€™t for you either!

I mean, obviously not since youā€™re complaining about it. Of course, there are alternatives. Retail is a fine alternative.

Almost double the raiding population of WoW Classic and TBC Classic may beg to differā€¦

Well sureā€¦ nowā€¦ but if you were late to the party back then, you would have had the same experience. Being late to the party now is no different. Iā€™m not sure what point is even trying to be made here.

Why would it? Leveling 1-79 isnā€™t the lifeblood of the game. New players arenā€™t either. This is Classic. We are a community of old players.

If the journey isnā€™t worth it for you, then I have a hard time believing the destination would be either.

People are raidlogging because most of us are middle-aged parents with jobs and responsibilities, who are enjoying the heck out of Classic when we have the time to log in!

1 Like

Do you know the ratio of complaint to just quit/donā€™t get something is?
I do and we are starting to see the effects now, the next few months will be filled with merge my server now, and you could say its normal drop off but neither you nor I have the real numbers, so lets wait and see.

1 Like

There will always be complaints. Its rather the complaints are legit or not or if people are speeading misinformation.

Not only were they meant to be done many of them were meant to be done several times. There are quests that send you to a dungeon, then send you back to do it again as the next step in the quest chain, then send you back to do that same dungeon again as the next step in a quest chain. Uldaman is a prime example of this.

1 Like

There is no RDF, thats a real complaint, the reasons for wanting it vary from person to person but the complaint is real.

what Iā€™m trying to say isā€¦ when it comes to postcountā€¦ mineā€™s bigger.

Oh i have no doubt its real. That was never the question. Iā€™m questioning the number of complaints vrs the number of people in game enjoying things the way they are.