My main worry is we'll never get small things again

We were not arguing. I was just clarifying what I was stating. Nothing was being “side-stepped” either. He was confusing something very specific that is yet to come to my very general reflection on what has just come. The point was that there is no more race customization coming, but that does not mean the stuff that just came is not part of the current discussion.

Either way, we did not discuss “arguing tactics” when I applied for the MVP program.
We actually discussed the opposite. What you are doing here is technically against the rules of the forum, and they instructed us to not engage with it.
Discuss the topic, not what the person is saying about the topic, is the general rule of thumb.

Not that anything is ever going to happen around here, but that’s how it was meant to go.

Care to answer the original question on the original topic then?
Which set of x.0-x.1 patches do you feel like delivered more customization features to World of Warcraft in such a way that you feel like what Shadowlands delivered is insufficient?

Correct, as they said they will not in the Alpha.
They stated that all shadowlands systems will remain, and will only work IN shadowlands specifically.

Again, I am suspicious, but no reason to doubt them yet. No reason to care, really, but no reason to doubt either.

Let’s get back to the original topic though if we can.

Even if it stays and works in SL what reason would we have to go back to the SL in future expansions?

If they want them to stay cov abilities and soulbinds should work everywhere in the game. Or make the most popular skills people use as base skills for that class. Blizz needs to stop removing abilities.

Well,to be honest, the systems in SL should remain there but we have them to some degree when we leave SL only the gear secondary stats unless we use the BFa gear which is understandable since there was no dimensional change .

Well that’s not really possible, unless you also want them to add far less to each expansion.
They are going for an approach where you gain significant power and power customization each season, under the assumption that its temporary for the long term health of the game.

If they left everything they had added since Legion, we would need 3 hands to play the character.

They COULD revert to the old ways and just make it so the only actual power you gain each season is through gear, but I doubt that would be more satisfying.

Seems like the best way to do it is how they proposed, at least to me right now.

What would you propose that wouldn’t just lead to insane bloat year after year?

You guys can just ignore him, he is clearly trolling.

2 Likes

You just don’t get it… just like the dev team does not get it.
The RPG parts of the game are as good as dead.
Professions are in terrible shape - 9.0 professions were bland and thin
9.1 professions is worse, practically nothing.
No Archeology
No new Fishing Tournament or Equipment,
No Pat Nagel quest lines or daily,
9.1 Cooking (recipes that are worse than store bought food),
No new pet battle dungeon,
No new battleground
Boring cookie cutter world quests in 9.1

Still broken:
2nd fish tournament
Class balance
PvP balance
Faction Balance (even it is nothing more than removing faction-bases tapping of mobs).
Realm merging or combining.

Raids and M+ are in good shape because the Devs like those.

3 Likes

Oh no, I get it for sure. The RPG parts of the game are not focused on by development much for sure, but they are not dead by a long shot.

Either way, that is not a new trend with Shadowlands.
If anything, they attempted to fix some of those issues.

They did try to revitalize professions and I disagree HEAVILY that they are in “terrible shape.”
They are absolutely in better shape than they were in BFA right?

I am also actually doing archeology more than I ever had thanks to how quick it is to level.

Just because they don’t add new stuff for that sort of thing doesn’t mean its dead.

But ya, totally agree they are focusing on the main content more and more, and that has been happening for a longgg time.

Which should be notable if you are brigning up stuff like this

I don’t know anything about the “2nd fish tournament” haha but I can assure you “class balance” will never not be “broken.”
That’s a combination of way too many moving parts with unrealistic expectations from the community.

Ironically if you believe this then you would NOT believe

because that is where “class balance” matters the most.

By good shape I mean good shape for elite mythic raiders and people who can push high keys… where class imbalance is uses as a tactical advantage by stacking classes and excluding non-FOTM players. So it is in good shape for some.

edit: 2nd fishing tournament is the Kalu’ak Fishing Derby, held in Northrend. Still broken.

3 Likes

It absolutely does.

2 Likes

Have never, will never understand why anyone cares about more races. The most boring “content” ever. I unlocked all of them, on Alliance and Horde before the nerf and I play exactly zero allied races.

I think the use of the term “dead” is fine here when it comes to people who did the stuff when it was current. Not adding new things to those side profs means nothing new to do, which is fine if you’ve never done it, but the people that want it always have. If they didn’t release any new dungeons or raids, we’d say PvE was dead, and we’d be right.

Truly don’t know how current professions can be viewed in a positive light, either. No cool recipes that serve a function to the person themselves, no neat grinds that lead to a great transmog or piece of gear that lasts through the raid – just leggos for selling and our almighty overlord Alchemy, by far the most useful prof to have for PvE.

This is the problem with all of the bloat – sacrificing time-tested, interesting grinds that feel like part of your character’s progression in favor of goofy, expac-limited nonsense like covenant buildings. I’d happily waste dozens of hours on crafting progression, but I couldn’t care less about building my weird little pseudo-garrison that serves almost no purpose and will be abandoned by next year.

Okay I’m not even going to reply to this part of your post, because apparently I’m not “allowed” to, but you are apparently allowed to because you’re special, okay:

Thats not the original topic, thats your attempt at derailing the original poster’s topic by changing the discussion to something else. THIS is the original poster’s intention for the thread:

His concern is how all these expansion-only, temporary, convoluted systems are detracting from the addition of actual long-lasting content being added to the game. Instead you have tried to reframe the discussion to be about something else entirely - attempting to put the people discussing the actual thread topic on the defensive by demanding we give you some ancient patch number that “added more than shadowlands” - entirely missing the point of this thread.

Even if the “content pizza pie” we get now is bigger than it was back in the day, it doesnt mean that these new systems aren’t eating up a bigger and bigger percentage of that “content pizza pie” every expansion/patch. Sure SL might be an XXXL pizza vs TBC’s XL pizza, but if 90% of the XXXL pizza has garbage toppings on it that most people don’t want it doesn’t matter if that 1 remaining slice is loaded with toppings we do want if we have to smell the stinky garbage pizza on the table.

2 Likes

Checks out…

Thats how it should be. With the constant removal of abilities it makes classes feel bland. You always have this fear that the class you love in one expansion might not play the same in the next due to skills being removed.

They should come out with set bonuses that improves on a class/spec strength instead of removing a skill, slightly altering it and giving it back for a expansion to show a illusion of gained power.

2 Likes

LMAO. please stop with the pilpul. yes all that old side content is still there, its not gone but the fact that we have gotten NO NEW content in those areas is what we mean by ‘dead’. please stop trying to redefine the words other people are using, its highly toxic and dehumanizing when you tell someone else that the words they just used dont mean what they mean but mean what YOU want them to mean. its literally disenfranchising their statements.

3 Likes

What’s your definition of normal?

9.1 was an oddity (I’m hoping) because of COVID, and it’s not just Blizzard several devs have had to push their dates back. Hopefully 9.2 comes in a reasonable time now that things are slowly starting to return to normal.

If it makes you feel any better, the art department is not in charge of any of that stuff.

Off topic (kinda). I had a poster respond to me once saying “well semantics are important, too.” No, lol, they are not. It doesn’t matter if the mobster was eating spaghetti or lasagna when he was filled with lead.

OP says he wants more small stuff, and this guy proceeds to point out major features, even calling them major. Not what the OP was saying.

How does one continue being a forum MVP when they’re so negative towards posters. If you need to be negative, don’t post. MVPs are supposed to be a beacon of how the forums should work. Not feeding into the stupid arguements.

2 Likes

no idea. my best guess is:

slurp slurp slurp

2 Likes

And where’s the extra 500 spaces for pets they said we will get?