My issue with PVP

I will make it easy for you…

…dont attack them unless they attack you.
Once they attack you, you defend yourself, if you win…you “shouldnt” feel guilty.

Now if you are pouncing on greys…then I hope you feel bad forever :stuck_out_tongue:

Is this just blatant harrassment at this point? The attitude you’ve been showing all over the posts I’ve seen in the last few days is far worse that what you’re condemning at the moment. Calling people ‘bullies’ for playing a game. Sociopaths for playing a game. Calling out hypathetical made up stories of them needing an outlet because they can’t ‘beat up people IRL’ or whatever. Take a step back and check yourself please. You’re spreading so much negativity. Please try to be more positive. Or if you are unable, do not post at all. You may think whatever you want. But spreading such toxic thoughts is harmful to everyone.

4 Likes

When PvP players stop harassing PvE players by calling us Carebears, saying we simply can’t play, aren’t playing the game properly, etc… Perhaps my attitude will change.

So please, check your fellow PvP players and their “misinformation” and harassment before you check mine.

Then, and only then, will I stop posting the truths about PvP server players. I have seen very few (if any) defending PvE players.

I know I also have a terrible attitude posting in threads because I just love to ruin people trying to have discourse and get my jollies being a jerk (since this would be extremely rude IRL, I post mean comments on forums.)

I feel good because I’m a terrible person like all the other forum trolls.

People will say mean things. Doesn’t mean we have to respond negatively as well.

Firstly, I can’t make anyone say or not say anything. I don’t have that right. I can suggest they don’t, as I have to both sides many times in the last 2-3 days.(I’ve only really been active on the forums for that long). However. The main misinformation I keep seeing, is that the PvE crowd think all PvPers are Quest Giver Campers and lowbie campers. Which is not the case. Not to mention throwing around the term sociopath and psychopath constantly. A lot of direct, harmful insults coming from the PVE crowd. While I don’t condone the PvPer calling PvE players carebears, it’s significantly less derogatory.

citation needed. (On the real though, I haven’t seen a single truth come from you. Just negativity about PvP players and deep assumptions that you don’t seem to be interested in actually discussing.)

2 Likes

Hey man. Your recent posts have made me laugh. Appears you’ve finally gotten a snoot full of the weird anti-pvp venom.

It’s a strange thing. People who choose to roll PVP then melt down when they are on the dirty end of the stick from time to time.

Savor the frustration of arguments that aren’t founded in any kind of logic. It wears a person down eventually. Then we get blunt.

I usually don’t really like going into those kind of arguments but are you really comparing people calling PvErs “carebear” to those calling PvPers as “sociopath”, “bullies”, “psychopath”? Really?

If anyone would “insult” me of carebear, I would really not take it badly. It’s not bad to be a carebear.

You need to man up kid.

Is this a roll bread? Sure smells like it.

1 Like

Sounds like you should just hang out in Teldrassil.

Yes. An insult is an insult.

The replies in this thread have me wondering when the next games “urinalist” will decide to start another gamergate fiasco.

World of Warcraft.

If ganking the opposing faction makes you feel bad, perhaps you’re playing the wrong game.

No insult is necessary. But some are much more impactful and harmful. The difference here is that you’re implying significant medical disorders upon people that are just playing a game. Whereas the others are simply saying you’d rather be a safe player. If anything, being called a carebear is a compliment.

Context is everything.

Remember when every single topic on the forums didn’t turn into an off topic argument between a couple of the posters in the thread?

…me either.

Exactly. That’s how I came to the conclusion the carebear is good. Because it’s about being safe, knowing your limits, and understanding where you’d rather be. Next time someone calls you one, remember these words. And let them know how smart you are, for picking the right choice for you. Don’t let them drag you down into the throes of negativity. Peace and love for everyone.

Those were the times… oh wait.

Why are you insulted by being called a carebear? Is that not what you are? You are clearly PVP averse and make certain that we all know it.

I get where your coming from, I really do.

But after over a decade of seeing the same things constantly from PvP players, and NO PvP players coming to the defense of PvE players… It just makes one think that all PvP players are the same way because even if they aren’t doing it themselves, they are doing nothing to try to dissuade them. So, they’re just as guilty.