My issue with PVP

is that it makes me feel bad about it.

I don’t even mind losing, but if I win, I just feel bad for the other person, like I ruined their fun. It makes me feel like a bully.

I’m just wondering if I’m the only one who has this mentality?

Do others ever feel that sense of ‘guilt’ for winning, and if so, how do you cope with it?

It’s honestly why I hate the language barrier, just because it prevents me from afterwards saying “we cool”.

6 Likes

I think it’s just you…it’s a game that have rival factions, it’s normal to be at war and kill eachother on sight. For me, in a wierd way, I feel like killing the opposite faction it’s helping my own. If I ruin their fun? Maybe they’ll think twice before rolling alliance again :)) I’m so into Horde that I don’t even think about the possibility of making an alliance toone.
So to answer your question, NO, don’t feel any guilt, and that’s why I’m here, to kill as much alliance as I can. (no grey lvl ganks). Call me a bully, call me a scum…but at the end of the day, I’ll cannibalize your corpse! UD Rogue.
For the horde

11 Likes

Yup.

:cocktail:

8 Likes

Alliance says ‘17 13 34 3 1 p’, Horde reads ‘me lo ve y o u’.

2 Likes

No, you are not the only carebear out there.

5 Likes

I entered a pog tournament in the 90s and won all sorts of pogs, I felt really bad and tried to give them back. I never played pogs again.

PogChamp :smirk:

1 Like

I was. And it was lame because it requires no skill, I felt bad for taking their pogs.

That’s just you.
I can’t wait to ruin people’s day by killing them ingame.
They get mad enough to make a new account just to rage at you…That’s an amazing feat.

8 Likes

ehm, no. Try playing a healer

1 Like

:clinking_glasses: :boxing_glove::boxing_glove::boxing_glove:

I’ll join you to ruin people’s day together

1 Like

If you think your fun is ruined by getting ganked, I think the problem is not PvP but it is yourself.
You shoud log out, get a good look at yourself in the mirror and ask yourself if

1. Is this worth getting upset?
  2. Is online war games what you should play.

I loved getting ganked or knowing there is a high possibility at any time. I love being able to gank. Having the freedom to help or attack an enemy. To call my friends over to get revenge.

6 Likes

Embrace being a bully.

1 Like

Read.

I never said my fun is ruined by getting ganked. I literally said I don’t mind getting ganked. I said I feel bad when I actually gank others, it makes me feel like I ruin their fun. THAT is what makes me feel bad about it.

And it’s actually this mentality that makes me avoid PVP servers. I like spending my time with nice and mature people (in friendly competition), not with bullies.

Tried it several times! May try it again. But hence why I asked how people generally cope with it - that feeling of guilt.

Because from what I can gather is that the only people who are responding are those who don’t have that feeling of guilt in the first place.

2 Likes

I was not specifically calling you out. It was just a “you” in general.

You get over it once people start whining about how you’re a bad player and you’re ruining their fun and overall acting entitled to win. I kid you not, there were people who messaged me from the other factions telling me I should purposefully lose games for them because they never won when I played and I was ruining the game for them or something, because I was ruiner of twink brackets on my server.

Chances are if you’re that notable, you’ll also get some people from the other faction praising you too, which helps, and actually makes you feel guilty for being a bully, but not guilty for winning.

It happened to me of course, Im not psychopath. :slight_smile: But after 2 seconds I remember that when I’m on the receiving end it doesn’t feel bad in the safety of a game.
And then I’m muahahaha…

Yes it feels better when you win. But even when you lose the excitement/adrenaline of a good fight is much more fun and you made each other’s game experience richer.

When I gank others I feel like adding free content to there gameplay.

1 Like

It’s not just you.

Unless we’re in a BG (or huge wpvp setting like TM vs SS) I don’t like to kill people because I feel like the open world is not the time or place for pvp. It’s not fun to be killed while farming herbs. If I’m farming herbs, I probably just want to relax for an hour or two and not be interrupted. And I give other players the same respect I want to receive…by not killing them unless I have to.

Thank the light for PvE servers…

2 Likes

It’s not just you.
I was at my pvp best when I was angry. Wanted to fight and kill everyone.
The times when I killed someone who truly had no chance started to bother me.

The competitive nature of pvp is so fun, but ruining someone’s day eventually became the opposite, at least to me.
So my own personal perspective tries to stay on that one side of the line.

2 Likes