My guild's wsg team got DQ'd in the summer bowl over an unavoidable and nonremovable 300 hp pet buff

That’s the top problem here- if Blizz wants to make this an issue they need to fix this, this is their problem.

If you’re running a tourney with a rule that can be unintentionally broken due solely to your own incompetence, then the blame entirely falls on yourself. This is Blizz’s problem, and rather than fixing it they’re punishing others.

4 Likes

E-sports are embarrassing.

20 Likes

It kind of is.

If the rules were being enforced, blizz should of actually removed the buff. If something like this is out of the players control, then a GM or something needs to resolve it or manually remove the buff if it’s possible for a GM to do that.

Blizzards circumstances caused the buff to not be removed, not the team or the hunter.

2 Likes

I agree, but this also doesn’t occur in real life sports. The NFL is always exploited and is not later patched until the following year. I’d assume if there is ever another Classic WoW tournament. This ruling will be addressed.

1 Like

The simple fact is that its against the spirit of competition. It obviously had no impact on the game and any casual observer can see the win was stolen from people who played better through selective enforcement of rules (on top of a buggy system).

If something is out of a characters control, but within the administrator’s control it’s entirely the tourney admin’s job to do something like this.

You could avoid any issues by simply doing a buff clear the moment a BG starts, and frankly it’s pitiful that Blizz didn’t think of stuff like this before hand, and is handing over wins to losers because of it.

This tourney is a mess, and these are rookie mistakes being made simply because Blizz doesn’t care. We’ve been mocking them for acting like a ‘small indie company’ but seriously, esports is something they’re actually known for and this is the quality we’re getting?

I don’t think I’ve ever seen a DQ from a tourney over something completely out of a team’s control like this.

5 Likes

lol at this.

2 Likes

I’d love to know where professional sports were rematched in the last decade or so due to unruly rulings like this. They simply aren’t. It’s addressed at a future date and life goes on.

if this really DQs a team then lol

i didn’t enjoy their play style, but they played within the rules and won. this is bullsh*t

2 Likes

I’m sorry but you guys broke the rules. We can’t let any rulebreakers slide.

1 Like

Not fixable by the player, should if been blizzards responsibility to fix the mistake.

2 Likes

They could have prevented it by not having their pet out while in major cities.

Another poster suggested they could have had the buff bumped off with a simple innervate.

Rules are rules.

I would argue that there are dramatic debacles weekly, they just dont get addressed. The commissions just shoot down every objection because they have complete authority. Just like blizzard is going to ignore this.

Who’s ‘we’?

We as a society

… are you new to WoW?

no, he’s just a member of VC who’s scared to post on his actual character lmao

10 Likes

Yesmaster is playing while living in a state that doesn’t allow competing in e-sports for money, other teams (including ty skeram) had players that weren’t allowed to compete because of this, but VC gets a pass, how come?

10 Likes

When you get pulled over by a cop for speeding, do you tell them: “Look at everyone else speeding!”

You guys were the ones that got caught. Just because other people were offending doesn’t mean you’re innocent.