My guild's wsg team got DQ'd in the summer bowl over an unavoidable and nonremovable 300 hp pet buff

Wow, Blizzard’s incompetence truly knows no bounds.

You guys are running a tournament here, and you can’t do a buff wipe at the start? That’s the real issue here- this is your tourney Blizz, you set the rules and you have the ability to clear buffs yet instead you’re being the absolute joke we expect you to be.

It’s good to see that even when it comes to esports, the only thing Blizz seemed to care about, they can’t even be bothered to be better than absolute garbage. Every time I feel my expectations for you can’t possibly get lower you manage to surprise me.

21 Likes

If only the competitive module added to classic to allow these types of games could wipe buffs upon entry, it would save a lot of disagreements

1 Like

Or better yet, give control over pet buffs

2 Likes

Imagine thinking those fights were anything close to fair in the first place. A much better defensive team comp that only works well because of the ruleset with a huge positional advantage and a significantly easier win condition.

1 Like

As much as I hate yesmaster and loved imaging him raging out in that game the way tys played was just pure cringe

Personal bias aside, crying over 300 hp on a pet is nothing short of a joke

8 Likes

Listen the whole problem is that the rules apply to Ty skeram but they don’t apply to Vampire clan. VC can dq an enemy team over an obscure bug that they dont have control over, meanwhile they are playing with a flag carry who lives in Arizona. Unbeknownst to you, TY skeram had to replace TWO people because they live in states where competing in esports tournaments for money is banned. Meanwhile Yesmaster, VC’s flag carry, who lives in Arizona (a state which was barred from entry) can continue to play.

Not only does he continue to play illegally, he goes on to lose and then his team uses an obscure rule to attempt to dq another team. It’s unsportsmanlike but its also blatant favoritism from the admins on his behalf. The admins are jumping through as many hoops as possible to keep their flag carry poster boy in the limelight.

23 Likes

Honestly, this could be prevented by having Hunters stay outside of major cities before the premade.

Stable the pet and use a different one

4 Likes

So they used a strategy that takes better advantage of the ruleset (AKA a better strategy) and deserve to lose because a hunter pet accidentally got a non-removable buff that had no impact on the game.

Well yep, you’re an idiot or bitter.

25 Likes

The buff is technically removable, forcefully, like any buff in the game. Whether or not though Blizzard gave them the ample amount of time and opportunity to remove the buff is another thing.

1 Like

You can’t remove that buff on your pets.

That buff also lasts thru death, so even if he was to duel someone on his team and let them kill his let, when the let revived, the pet would still have that buff.

3 Likes

Yes, you can. Like any buff its part of the buff limit. There are 50+ low investment buffs in the game you can apply to the pet to push off the buff. In fact you could use only Druid’s and Innervate to push the buff off.

It’s bugged and cannot be removed.

2 Likes

I’d like to see proof you can’t remove it.

You have 5 minutes to respond when they are making these match ups. Now, you have to run back and forth from the AH to the mail box. This buff is literally going out every time in a major city.

This buff doesn’t give them an advantage at all.

This is why you don’t pound a square peg into a round hole. Classic wasn’t meant for esports but blizz couldn’t even throw in a few lines of code to remove buffs for this?
:rofl:
Comedy gold.

13 Likes

5 minutes isn’t a lot. I agree. Other measures could have been taken all together if that’s the case. Just goes to show you don’t take the risk of queing in a major city for a event such as this. However, to your point. If the buff is going off all the time it just means Netherwind is a massive server.

Was there at least an attempt to gather Druid’s (or other classes) to delete the buff in a instant? I’m can only assume it’s not a known and understood mechanic the group would have thought of. Which is understandable.

VC have some scummy players, they’re competitive, but I wouldn’t put it past a group like them to create characters on an opponents server just to grief Warlock and Hunter pets by throwing scrolls onto them before they took a queue.

I’m actually surprised conduct of this matter didn’t occur anywhere in the tournament, NA or EU.

Cause no one else reported a pet having +300 hp cause it has 0 impact on the game, Pets still died.

Even if the buff couldn’t be removed, that buff is in no way doing anything in terms of how the games outcome was. They didn’t win because a hunter pet had 30 more sta.

If it came down to it the hunter should of just went lone wolf and dismissed his pet all game.

That’s understandable, but rules are rules which were created to set a fair playing field. It doesn’t matter it ended up being a key factor or not.

The rule was violated, even if it was unintentional. It’s not a hard thing to accept or understand.

1 Like