My god, today's interview

Uh. The problem he has is very simple really. M+ and Arena top 0.1% get a private tournament server where they can do competitive content with any “loadout” they want, and switch anytime they want (just like overwatch characters)

Top Raiders have to play in the live game without a special server, and thus are subject to unbalanced gameplay.

It’s obviously unbalanced, that’s why arena and M+ need a special server with special rules, or it would not be fair. Giving them that is acknowledgment of it.

Raiding was not originally designed to be competitive in this way. However it is now, with Bliz running a first 100 leaderboard, and in classic top guilds pushing for speed records.

The response that your not supposed to play this way / and not treat raiding like an eSport is aligned with the design philosophy, but counter to the promotion of top 100 boards and other competitive stuff.

Bliz needs to decide where raiding falls, is it competitive? Then make it fair.
If it’s not, and people that do are basically playing the game wrong, then ok but get rid of the top 100 boards and such.

This tbh, if you obsess over skill and competition you should not be playing RPGS, rts, fps, mobas etc are the game you should be playing.

Rpgs by design are not ultra high skill based, you can have fun and casually compete, but if you take it too seriously then you dont belong in rpgs

How about you just let people enjoy the game the way they want to? Why does it matter to you how he chooses to play?

The interview was obviously skewed to things related to how Preach enjoys his WoW, if you don’t like it you didn’t have to watch it.

I never understood the mentality of attacking other players because of the way they choose to play a game.

2 Likes

believe me, we hate it as much or more than you do when it comes to grinds. i wanna play actual alts, i would love to take an enhancement alt into Nyalotha and experience the game from that POV, but the grind ahead of me to even remotely enjoy the spec is monumental. we do NOT nor have we EVER wanted these grinds. Blizz locked our armor behind a neck grind to even function, so we were forced to suggest or require minimum neck levels because armor had to be functional. they locked literal spec functionality behind essences we had to grind. we never wanted that, we detested it with a passion. i would ask that you stop thinking we are demanding more gatekeeping tools and grinds; recruiting is really freakin hard. mandatory grinds arent fun. we want the scene opened up as much as possible to new talent and players to enjoy it, none of this was our call and it was actively detrimental to everyone’s gameplay and we took the brunt of it all while being called ***holes and elitists and every other thing this forum seems to think we are when in reality you have never interacted with us nor do you understand our point of view, we are just your scapegoat because the ACTUAL high end never touches these forums so they’re an easy target.

4 Likes

my man!!!

1 Like

I’m a fan of Preach, but I have to fundamentally agree with Ion in the discussion. While I don’t like their method, I think we need to be forced into making more semi-permanent choices with our characters. WoW is not, and will never be, an e-sport. There needs to be a greater focus on the RPG in MMORPG again.

Thanks so much Blizzard for sticking up to your idea and keeping the game an RPG, because if those guys had their way, wow would be overwatch with raids.

This is going to be a really funny quote when the larger community gets to see the ramifications of this system after launch. All the anger that will ensue which will force Blizzard to finally admit it’s a flawed idea (Just like Azerite & Legiondaries).

Also apparently this brand new system that has never been in WoW for the past 15 years is the thing that will “keep it an RPG”. I guess it hasn’t been an RPG until now.

1 Like

I don’t really have anything to add to this discussion, I just wanna let the op know his opinion is dumb as hell

2 Likes

Who is Preach and why do we care ?

you’re not epic enough to know

come back when you’re an elite gamer, noob

1 Like

I know I’d rather play a game than watch someone play it. Scrub.

1 Like

I didn’t get to 445 ilvl and 3/12 normal by not watching the pros, get gud

2 Likes

Looking forward to watching you play pro ball after the pandemic.

Watch out we got a badass over here! I bet he gets all the babes in the club and the VIP spot! :rofl:

1 Like

And Ion just told you that you cant do that, you choose strengths and weaknesses, that way of playing is no longer viable in WoW unless you go full tryhard and level and gear 4 of each which most people, even current tryhards wont do, especially with m+ giving only 1 piece of gear now

Ion is clearly stating that this way of playing isnt welcome anymore and that is better for the game.

1 Like

Looking forward to tackling you on the field.

If you guys need cheer leaders i can help. got a cute dress and everything. Just out of shape.
Beer belly in a 2 piece cheer outfit.

1 Like

We need diversity in cheerleaders.

Blue, Purple, Green

I get all the booty when I hit goldshire

1 Like

Thats not the kinda booty you want man.