My god, today's interview

Lol, that was terrible. Did you happen to notice how many times Preach had to say “Not just the top end”? Cus thats exactly what he meant, you know, could have just said “me and my elitist friends” cus it was obvious. Did you also happen to notice that Ion HAD to mention that WOW is not Overwatch and my Tracer can be different from your Tracer because hello it’s a friggin RPG GAME???
Why cant preach and his buddies just go play overwatch? I mean really!!! You won’t be missed at all!

Thanks so much Blizzard for sticking up to your idea and keeping the game an RPG, because if those guys had their way, wow would be overwatch with raids.

81 Likes

cool

4 Likes

World of Warcraft is already turning into Overwatch.

Have you seen the Mechognome with tracer’s hairstyle?!

9 Likes

Yeah, more than “just the top end” care about arbitrary restrictions preventing them from fully enjoying more than 1 spec in more than 1 area of the game.

This idea that only 1% of the playerbase cares about upgrades and improvements to your character is insane.

There is no golden RPG rule that states we need to be stuck playing a wheelchair spec in certain content. The idea that less choice = more RPG has absolutely nothing to substantiate it. Most peoples’ favorite expansions were Wrath and MoP - both encouraged spec swapping more than it did restrict it. Were those not “RPG’s”?

This is an MMORPG. There will always be social restrictions on people that are doing things that will hinder the group. Playing a wheelchair build (or, not taking the free increase in win condition by picking the best choice when it costs you nothing) is one of those things, and you shouldn’t expect everyone else to make up your slack. It’s a lot more enjoyable to use your character properly for most people that play this game, and in no way is that feeling even CLOSE to being limited to that 1% meme.

You don’t have to swap specs or builds or talents - hell, wear your level-up greens for all I care. And if there are enough of you, form your own groups and play to your hearts’ content. But don’t impose those bare-minimum standards on the rest of us.

97 Likes

There is very little that defines what a “RPG” is these days. It’s just used as a rationale to justify decisions, and can used for either side of the argument in pretty much any situation. If the idea was that we want to return to player choices being meaningful, then is Blizzard going to prevent players from doing race or faction switching in SL? Of course not, because it brings in money, and yet I would consider it the #1 deviation from what most people would consider to be “RPG-like” decision making (meaningful choices mattering).

3 Likes

Ye preach been blowing his own whistle lately.

12 Likes

That is the understatement of the century my friend!

3 Likes

We really needed another thread.

2 Likes

Yep, instead they’ll be changing it later instead, just like systems in both Legion & BFA.

But that’s minor. :laughing: Apparently third time isn’t the charm.

4 Likes

I get the impression that the devs would prefer if more people didn’t take WoW as seriously.

7 Likes

That would literally be so they can get away with lowering the quality of the game under the guise of dOn’t bE sO SeRiOuS gUiSe to lower costs and maximize profits. That’s a bad thing.

10 Likes

Classic is pretty popular and it’s as far away from being serious as the game has ever been.

And tuning is one of the lowest cost aspects of an MMO, not going to see much savings their. I mean why do you think they made mythic+? Scaling is cheap.

6 Likes

It’s also an already-made game.

5 Likes

If I want one set of choices that I stick with forever, I’ll go play DnD. They do it a lot better because the rest of the game is designed to accommodate it.

8 Likes

Forcing people to choose what’s mechanically best in order to actually play the game despite it’s being horrible for their character concept is the exact opposite of facilitating roleplay.

29 Likes

Most of their profits come from the cash shop, not the top 1% of raiders I thought?

Top1% raider who spends $15 a month vs a casual pet battler who buys out all the pets and mounts on the store, who has more value?

3 Likes

Why do people keep perpetuating this meme that only the top 1% of the game takes this game seriously?

34 Likes

Here’s the insane thing. They think their system ADDS choice.

15 Likes

Right because in 14 years and a bunch of expansions wow was never an rpg game before without covenants. What a load of bull.

8 Likes

All I know is I don’t want to swap abilities around based on boss fight, or try to figure out how to incorporate all four into my rotation.

1 Like