My god, today's interview

Yeah, it’s only the min maxing raider io using meanies that are the toxic ones, not the spiteful “dont care about the game at all but im sensitive and heard someone is playing the game in a way that i dont like so i wanna watch the world burn” type.

10 Likes

I don’t think it’s fair to call them casuals. Most casuals are awesome.

These guys are just losers.

5 Likes

This.

My only avenue for difficult solo content is Torghast.

A lot of raiders wish they could raid log like they did for 12 years. Raiding is what they like to do, after all.

Raiding already takes 9 to 12 hours every week, and having to spend hours and hours on top of that farming AP, doing essence grinds, doing M+ every week, etc. etc. etc. … it’s a huge amount of time that Blizzard keeps tacking on to every raider’s week.

The “raider tax” really went into overdrive this expansion. A lot of long-established guilds just went belly-up because people didn’t want to have to spend 2 to 3 times as much time in WoW just because Ion’s team needed to drive up their /timeplayed metrics.

23 Likes

You are kinda correct, because how players play the game shapes the community, and this community is one of the worse parts of the game.

:thinking:

Why does Ion amuse these people that clearly dont play or like the game?

2 Likes

What I think is funny is how Preach thinks he’s part of the design team. Like his input needs to be considered, no matter what, and that Blizzard works for him. He keeps saying things like “We should design the game with this in mind”, “We haven’t met that goal.” rofl Like, you’re just a youtuber mate, calm down.

Ion should have just said, “We’re making the game we want to make, and it may have problems for you and if we decide to make changes later we will. Otherwise, this is what is happening and if you don’t like it play another game.”

Of course he can’t say that, because bean counters will have his :baseball: :basketball: at that point.

Either way, if things are bad enough they will change.

2 Likes

Yeah because there won’t be any min maxing now!!

Except for talents, gear, stats, enchants, gems, rotations, conduits, whatever the new tier is, etcetc.

People like you are going to be gatekept even harder. This is a compounding issue. Not one in a vaccuum.

12 Likes

Glad to see this here, because on reddit they’re all slobbering over this guy.

Couldn’t even watch more than a couple of minutes of it.

3 Likes

Having Covenants be flexible and free to change would allow players to have different versions of the character for a variety of reasons.

Reasons that casuals and top end players contribute to each of their styles of play.

2 Likes

But that’s exactly what they’ve been saying the last few years, starting with the removal of flying. How’s that whole “if you don’t like it, quit” thing working out for their sub count, by the way?

6 Likes

Man all you have to do to convince people it’s a good thing they can’t easily play 3 of the 4 new spells being added to their class is blame the elitists absolutely amazing.

5 Likes

Seems to be going great, actually.

1 Like

Always going to be min/maxing. Just not at the level that you all want.

You min/max to your playstyle now. Not all.

And it is about TIME. I love how sad preach was the longer things went. LMAO

But it’s not that way anymore. I have nothing against people wanting it back but I also do not subscribe to the current mentality that exists in this growing frustration.

That must be why they’re merging more servers.

2 Likes

Ya? Things are fine, what we found out from BFA is…we need fun RPG elements and better non min/max raider content to help the game strive. The days of Raid or Die is gone, and wow is now becoming more of a rpg instead of catering to people who don’t want wow to progress.

2 Likes

Servers were never at capacity, so I don’t know what you’re trying to say here. There have been servers practically empty since they added them.

1 Like

You are going to get into even less content than you are now. People like Preach will not miss anything that they want to do. You not seeing how this impacts you more than them is astounding.

These systems are not a victory for you. The idea of the system might be. But that will quickly fade. Good luck.

12 Likes

I wouldn’t call depending on a 15 year old version of the game doing great.

Legion was doing great, BFA is not.

3 Likes