My fellow Americans, what are you doing for the Fourth?

I forgot about the fourth, maybe just sandwiches and tortilla chips with salsa for me

I’m shootin’ off burgers and eating plenty of fireworks.

5 Likes

just like our founding fathers intended

3 Likes

going blow ish up.

1 Like

Realizing I only have 10 more shopping days until Bastille Day.

Work. :confused:

Is da poop.

1 Like

Chill/grill…
Then gonna see the fireworks…
Pretty cliche, but I love it.

“Oh, say! can you see by the dawn’s early light
What so proudly we hailed at the twilight’s last gleaming”

3 Likes

Also, bring a fire extinguisher as a housewarming present. Even if it’s the small, 16oz kind you can pick up at a supermarket or CVS.

2 Likes

I have the week off of work. Mostly due to us being close for the week instead of using FTO. Still had to work 10-hours for dumb reasons but I did it from home. With all that spare time, I managed to clean the house and get it ready for a small pool party.

I live about 2 blocks from where they launch fireworks but you can see them while relaxing in our pool.

Going to enjoy some Italian sausage sandwiches with some homemade sauce which I’m going to start making soon. The the other normal BBQ sides and fixings.

Should be a chill day. Oh and probably listening / somewhat watching GDQ during it all.

2 Likes

Truck diagnosis= blown head gasket on cylinder 5. Three thousand beans to remove head and replace gasket or just let it run crappy , till the motor passes on.

The bad idle was caused by the spark plug wire caps being loose however.

1 Like

I will tell you what I will be doing tomorrow….

Walking all over my property picking up a lot of firework trash from inconsiderate people who just shoot their stuff without a care where it lands.

My July Bah humbug

3 Likes

I had a fourth of July party once and after the July 5th pick up sticks affair never had one at my house again.

3 Likes

Making tacos! its going to rain all day here.

That thing is a flop imo

I’ve never really come across an item that makes me go “omg i need to buy it NOW”, the deals they post on Prime Day are kinda meh

1 Like

I’m just playing FFXIV.

And hoping no one starts a fire.

I’m at work.

This is my absolute rule for being the designated driver… never, never, never in my car.

2 Likes

It’s Jeff Bezos’ version of Christmas in summer.

For two weeks I’m going to be dealing with almost 200,000 pieces of freight a day around the size of small envelopes because Prime Day is the time where the laziest people on the planet buy the most miniscule things in bulk.

Do you know what 40K pieces of single bottles of hand sanitizer looks like?

It’s not pretty. People have no appreciation when it comes to the amount of effort and resources it takes to go from website to your door front in a day.

Not much just avoiding the 115 degree heat.

Doing more come Saturday when I have my birthday and start a weeklong vacation from work .