My dps is garbage and i don't know why

raidbots —> simbot/report/rtXpZck7z16QaN3VMkJn2S

I mean my character always keeps getting stronger dude now by the time i have 50 neck i will be almost 30k sim dps and probably the highest on my entire server shard.

when you put it like that im super limited to my raid comp, kill times, other players doing their part perfect ect… iono man im not saying im the best by any means dude im just saying that theres a lot of extra game mechanics under the hood that people dont realize.

I been playing since 05 and hardcore raiding since wotlk back when itemizing was an exact science and was much of the difference between players that could double the dps of the other guy with the same item level. yeah its dummed down now but theres still a ratio to keep if you ever saw bloodmallet website theres a secondary stat distribution page where you can pick any number of one stat point to the 3d triangle and figure out instantly where your other secondaries should be given your highest chosen stat.

about starlord i stand by what i said. i literally got better uptimes the fastest by tuning my gear not by getting better. i only been playing starlord for like a week total now. obv i could get better at it. anyway I stand by the fact that things like latency, projectile timings, haste windows and other little things can still effect boomy dps especially with streaking stars proccs and starlord being wonky if you risk starsurging at a fraction of a second where the projectile should hit boss a tenth of a second after starlord falls off which is where i’m actually trying to improve most, full controll of the buff at 3 seconds or less given my current haste proc and how much ap i can generate or spend at the time while trying to remember that boss distance lag and other stuff still affects it for me.

for you prolly not but my best latency possible is about 140 ms so im betting my experience is vastly different than yours.

Lulz.

More lulz.

Hahahahaha!

Comedy.

Its not rocket science. Boomkin is legit one of the easiest specs in the game to play. The hardest part about it is “dont push the same button twice during incarn.”

The fact youre trying so hard and being delusional about what is actually going on is laughable.

Instead of trying to make quantum calculations on starlord timing or distance, why dont you try something like “hey, are my dots up?” Or “gee, should i cast this empowered SW or this unempowered LS??”

Sorry, but I agree with the others. You’re massively over thinking this spec.

As for latency, projectile timings, and haste windows… If you have huge latency then of course it’s going to affect your DPS, but… it’ll affect everything… Projectile timing and flight speed only really affects Streaking Stars in the current game as it procs on hit rather than on cast. And haste windows… there are no haste windows in the current boomkin set up. There were haste caps in legion when you used the Emerald Dreamcatcher legendary helm, but nowadays? No.

I guess one could make the argument that starlord could in someway have a technical haste cap to reach maximal stacks a fraction of a second faster… But let’s be honest… That level of fine tuning will more than likely lead to a DPS loss than a DPS gain. Particularly with how convoluted and complex fights are getting nowadays. Not mention that the DPS gain would be so marginal that it’s not really even worth discussing.

What’s WAY more important, is playing the spec correctly, learning the fights to determine when (and how many times) you can burst, and finally… most importantly… figuring out how you can maximize your ability to stand still and turret. If you can’t turret, then learning the mechanic timings so that you pool AP for movement.

Focusing on these things will lead to much bigger increases of DPS than subtle shifts of stats ever will. For stats… Download the Simcraft add on, type /simc in chat in game, hit Ctrl+C, go to raidbots.com, click on the top gear tab, paste into the box, then select the appropriate gear you’re comparing, and then click sim. That’s it.

Finally, I’d like to add that you seem a bit too focused on overall DPS. Effective DPS is more important than overall DPS. I wasn’t the highest overall DPS on our Mythic Fetid kill, but I was almost at the top for add damage. Since the adds were the really important part of that fight… that’s all that really mattered. Same with Champions. The only damage that matters is the damage to the boss. Sure I dot up the other adds for AP generation, but what matters is who did the most damage to the boss.

I agree with this as well, except when range tanking Zax in crucible. Much prefer guardian affinity with an azerite piece with switchhitter for that. Otherwise, resto affinity is the best choice.

FYI, they changed it back to on cast vice on hit.

1 Like

Really? Well, you just made my day sir! :smiley: :hugs:

No you are just straight up wrong about gearing. It does not matter how long you have played the game nor how “good” you were at it back then. This is a different game in so many ways, so your argument there holds no water. This is not some complicated science, just put your items into the sim and they’ll tell you what’s best.

About Starlord, you’re also wrong, none of those things affect it in any way close to what you seem to think. I’m not sure why you think projectile timings or boss distance actually matter either lol. You realize streaking stars procs on cast for Solar Wrath and on hit for everything else. This means cast order doesn’t matter as long as you don’t repeat the same spell, which isn’t rocket science. Again, Starlord uptime doesn’t matter, you look at average haste gained from Starlord, there is a difference.

“Starlord being wonky if you risk starsurging at a fraction of a second where the projectile should hit boss a tenth of a second after starlord falls off which is where i’m actually trying to improve most.” I’m not sure what this means? Starlord stacks apply on cast not on projectile hit. So you’re wrong there unless i’m misunderstanding what you’re typing.

If you were to explain this starlord gibberish to literally anyone with credible Moonkin experience, they would laugh at you. You are completely wrong and not listening to anyone about it, so what’s the point in arguing about it. You’re stuck in your ways. The simple truth of the matter really is that even if there is some complex fine tuning you can do to Starlord, this tuning is way too small to matter and will more likely lead to you making mistakes elsewhere for a net loss.

You’re straight up feelycrafting with no merit to back it up. If you don’t want to listen to what people say that’s fine, but don’t spread that wrong info and potentially mislead people. I’ll will try to help you on why your damage is not very good anyway though.

Looking at your most recent Grong log compared to mine, (if you shorten your fight time to 4:05 to match mine) you had about 9% more downtime and 2% more cancelled casts than me, which comes out to around a 10% damage loss. 10% of your sim is 2.8k. This loss in damage is even higher as you were using Incarn which is just straight up worse than starlord in terms of overall damage on a fight with such low movement. Your Streaking Stars did 400k less damage than mine, which is just a huge loss of damage for literally no reason. You had 71 procs to my 68, but i was running Starlord, so i have shorter cooldown windows. 400k damage over 4 minutes is about a 1.6k dps gain. You also were basically only DoTing the Apetagonizers which can be cleaved by empowerments, (only in certain spawns) and also should be focused anyway as they’re the main mechanic of the fight that matters. All of that combined is at least 4.4k dps lost to misplaying.

This math won’t come out perfect, but it shows how much damage you lost compared to me just by not playing right. I didn’t even go that much into detail either, and I obviously didn’t play perfect so you could improve even more. You have so much stuff to improve in general, but you’re too busy focusing on some starlord optimization that will never show any difference in your damage.

I just started down the road from 110 to 120. So first of all, your stats are only good for you and your sim. No one else can comment on that. For me the Druid is so freaking complicated as far as spell priority goes, I use a add on that highlights what to cast next. Give an add on a try. It might help your numbers.

So first off, I do not raid or run any mythic keystone dungeons. I run normal and heroics out of pure convenience due to the fact that I know I suck compared to most people in the game today. I have absolutely no competitive thirst whatsoever. BUT, I do my best to bring the most of what I have to offer to each and every dungeon I run, which leads me to this. I am my own person and if I am happy with my own performance in a dungeon and I am not getting voted out of a dungeon then I must be doing something, somethings or everything right.

What are parses?
I am not privy on the latest and greats WOW lingo so just fill me in please.

What simulator do you use?
I use ask mr. robot and I like it. Why do I like it? Because it analyzes stats as if they are a living ,breathing thing, not just numbers on vertical column separated by empty space. There is a relationship between all stats. If you lower or raise your haste, this does not just effect haste, it affects what might have a relationship with haste too.

You mention you are using the wrong spec.
Are you not allowed to play with a talent point spec that fits your playstyle, mental processing speed and reaction time? In my experience, I have had better results in dungeons and raids using a talent point spec that better fit my play style, mental processing speed and reaction time than when forcing myself to play a talent point spec that was said to be the correct spec. This is so across the grain and very well may net you poor results compared to if you play a spec that goes with the grain of you.

Now with all this said, I use a add on called dpsmax for my druid. For me the druid has a complicated spell prioritization system, I am unable to mentally process all the information fast enough to net great results. This is why I use a addon. My main is a hunter, which is less complex, but yet I still find my hands full with trying to net great results.

This thread was an amazing read. Good job everyone. Popcorn well spent.

3 Likes

[/quote]
I agree with this as well, except when range tanking Zax in crucible. Much prefer guardian affinity with an azerite piece with switchhitter for that. Otherwise, resto affinity is the best choice.
[/quote]

champions add dmg is the least of our worries. we have a kill thats 1:37 and nobody even touched adds.

warcraft logs —> reports/Jfdt243RqNZLnCgW/#fight=3&type=damage-done

look at my item level for that fight. yall think i cant parse good? i had almost all my dmg on boss didnt pad at all and still almost did a 100 ilvl parse doing 26k SINGLE TARGET in a 389 item level set.

warcraftlogs ----> /reports/Jfdt243RqNZLnCgW/#fight=18&type=damage-done

theres a 100 ilvl parse for 390 ilvl set without sliver and 92 overall doing about 40k dps on heroic op on an alt run with my 390 ilvl set.

yall can keep calling me garbage but i wanna see anyone here beat those numbers at even 400 dead ilvl[quote=“Synsha-greymane, post:65, topic:106237, full:true”]

[quote=]Sorry, but I agree with the others. You’re massively over thinking this spec.
[/quote]

thats wat they told me in wrath about my warrior and told me i was retarded for wearing a few leather pieces but you know what? 75% crit raid buffed back then and 6k deep wounds ticks in wotlk as fury was nothing to mess with and for that reason and my itemization back then i was a top dps on server in them days

[quote=“Goosy-zuljin, post:62, topic:106237”]
Also, you should be using Wild Charge and Resto Affinity, they’re almost always the best in any situation PvE wise.

renewal 30% health is way better than wild charge i dont trust any healer. feral affin is always best for dps output and guardian is always best for survival like really what crack are you smoking dude? gaurdian has way more self heals than resto affin in situations you need to live. obviously you dont arena much or you’d know this. feral best by far for dps and i run it on every fight in BoD other than mythic grong cause theres dmg you take no matter what that kills instantly

Do you think using lower ilvl gear with gem slots makes you good??? Youve proven time after time that you have no idea how balance works.

Who the hell takes the time to collect low ilvl trash gear just for the sake of parsing on alt runs anyhow?? You are literally choosing to do less damage for the sake of seeing numbers on a web page because you arent good enough to get orange parses overall…

Its also hilarious that you dont understand why wild charge and resto affinity are better.

BTW, you’re still trash. Collecting low ilvl gear with gems didnt change anything.

Was this some sort of convoluted attempt to theorycraft?

OP doesn’t know why dps is garbage (OPs word, not mine), gets told why, & then futilely argues every point.

1 Like

Item level parses are irrelevant in every way possible. Different slots have different values, and in your example of you “parsing well” you simply reduced the ilvl on a low stat piece like your cloak which is a very small loss in damage. You said you wanted to see someone beat you in dps with 400 ilvl, so i took it one step further and beat you with 366 ilvl on Champions.

Warcraft logs report: reports/ZrbKFm7Hjp1XQahB#fight=2&type=damage-done

I’m not sure what you having a good parse proves anyway though, that doesn’t somehow make your completely incorrect thoughts suddenly true. Just for the record as well, taking off your gear for worse gear just to ilvl parse is also really scummy and just plain stupid, I did it to prove a point here though.

Renewal is generally not good vs Wild Charge because the mobility gains you a lot of damage and also helps you take less damage. Feral Affinity is better from a damage standpoint, but by such a small amount that it would be silly to take it over Restoration Affinity or Guardian Affinity in any situation where you have even a small chance of death.

Resto Affinity is more passive damage mitigation, as the passive healing is worth more than the 6% mitigation from Guardian Affinity unless you’re taking insane amounts of damage (like 20k damage taken per second). Resto Affinity is also better when you use its active abilities as Swiftmend is instant and does more healing than Frenzied Regeneration. Swiftmend along with Wild Growth also allow for really strong external healing which can easily save lives.

I hope this is all a joke or something, I just want to help you, and I never said your “garbage.” In fact you said your own dps is garbage.

2 Likes

literally quitting the game cause of this post.

honestly i have no idea why i could only get 26k dps single target in 390 im here keeping up with the very best players on my ENTIRE server cluster when they are 415 geared and im 390 and IM STILL FKIN GARBAGE… everyone gets fkin praised for getting purple parses cause they get some lucky BiS gears man but looks like the truth is i was NEVER good at the game period even when i was in top 5 dps on my entire server in wrath. point is ill never be good at it and i should stick to real life DPSing aka martial arts instead.

pretty much ive never actaully seen a good player in the game with my own eyes. ive only seen one player as dps ever get a 100 parse in mythic and hes no longer on our server.

only 2 guilds out of 20,000 players more progressed and even less of them can beat me on meters and yet, im still garbage.

how garbage does that make the rest of the player base

You put way too much focus on logs and sims… Like way too much. Sims and logs are tools to improve… nothing more.

You want to “not be garbage.” Kill Mythic Jaina. Sometimes doing less DPS is actually what’s needed to do that. Sometimes sacrificing your DPS or even yourself is what’s required to get the kill. You want “respect” then do what’s necessary to get your team to kill the bosses.

No one that matters cares about whether you parse purple, orange, or gold… If you can parse purple, then your dps is strong enough to kill the content. What matters after that is whether you can do the mechanics, work as a team, have the mental endurance to go the distance, and aren’t going to sabotage your team cause “MY PARSES!!!”

Put more focus on your team and your teams mechanics and maybe you’ll go further than 3/9M.

Edit: Also, fyi… Putting a crappy cloak on, and low ilvl rings with sockets are EXACTLY why people don’t give a crap about high parses anymore… Parses only mattered when we all played on an even playing field with equivalent gear. With the massive amounts of RNG on gear these days… it’s almost impossible to be equally powerful to another player of the same ilvl.

5 Likes

yeah well im tired of topping charts even at a handicap and no matter what people on the bottom of the meter are even considered better than me because they got some BiS gear and got real lucky and have crappy items that dont matter then got BiS everything else. I did wat I did to prove a point to my guild that i can be the lowest item level person in the raid and still top charts. Other players are considered way better than me because of a fkin ilvl parse so i did that to shut everyone in my guild up about it… My GM and other players are always on my crap about not being good enough because of parses even if i get lowest dmg taken and highest dps on fights, im literally never good enough, so im tired of it, and everything else in this stupid game. Im tired of video games in general and the way they went.

by the way no one on my entire ever shard has gotten to mythic mek yet not a single guild. we are currently 3rd active guild on our shard too cause half the top guilds here just imploded. not only that but my sim dps on raidbots is literally 200 dps less than the top sim dps from the TOP guild in the realm. and thats with a 45 neck and he has 50 neck…

yeah 29.3k sim dps and even 30k sim dps when i hit 50 is garbage for you guys and you can all outperform my top sims in every fight anyway cause im fkin garbage but now its looking like ive literally never even laid eyes on a single good player in over a decade of playing that game, and now its ruined for me

It sounds like you’re having trouble with your guild. We don’t have the whole story here as we only have your side of this. But if you’re saying things like “ive literally never even laid eyes on a single good player” … I can see why your guild may not be particularly happy with you. Not as a player, but as a person.

You seem hyper-critical and pretty darn judgmental from what I’ve seen here. Maybe approach this with a little more humility next time and realize exactly how good the top 50 players actually are. I’m a multi-tier cutting edge raider and even I don’t consider myself to be in their class. I can say in all honesty, that the skill gap between me and the players in Method is the same size as between myself and the worst players in the game. And I’ve cleared the content through two tiers and am currently 7/9M raiding 1 night a week (should be 8/9M this week fingers crossed).

Even I am not saying things like “I’ve never seen a good player.” You’re castigating your entire server and wondering why you’re having problems? Take a deep breath, step back, and try to improve. Show your guildies respect and ask for help. People usually WANT to help. Acting like they’re all bad is a great way to get them to despise you. Irregardless of whether it’s true or not. And I’m sorry, but anyone who can clear any mythic bosses is NOT bad. You’re talking about the difference between the top 10% of players and the top 1% of players at this point.

And as Hendo said, really… no one at all cares about what your sim DPS is. They care about what your actual DPS is, whether you can do that actual DPS while doing mechanics, and more importantly… whether you get along with them. If they comment on your DPS/parses and you blow up about your simDPS as some sort of “gotcha” then it’s no wonder you’re having problems. You trying to “prove” to them that you can do it with a lower ilvl REALLY doesn’t help. The correct move when they mentioned that was to ask them to work with you. Not to try to “show the man.” If they aren’t willing to, or it still isn’t working out, then they may not be the right guild for you.

5 Likes

All previous confrontations aside, you actually do decent damage. Most of your logs on heroic are 80+. You have room for improvement, but hey who doesnt???

My only issue is that you came here asking for help, then wanted to argue when people gave you good and correct advice. Most everyone here is just trying to help. If you legit want to get better, then take it on board and try. If youre looking for validation that what you are doing is the optimal way, you wont find it.

This is a game, its supposed to be fun. Play the way you want to play. Just dont ask for help if you dont want it.

If this is real, you need some help. If it is a troll, you need even more help.

help? who tf is gunna help me? i dont need help its not my fault the world turned the way it is with everyone being a damn soccer mom social worker now… EVEN YOU ARE

you think i dont even deserve to be in society because i had a fked up life… just because im not as weak willed as you doesnt mean i need help.