My dps is garbage and i don't know why

Let me summarize your giant wall of text:

I quit using crap talents and learned how to play my class. Now i do decent damage. Just like Hendo told me months ago.

10 Likes

So much of what you just said is completely wrong lol.

The narcissism is so real…

1 Like

Yo stack mastery and hast if you have a lot of haste like 22% or more change enchants and weapon enchant to the elemental dmg one, use your isolation trinket properly, im like 10 ilvls lower and i feel like i out dps you and you have 2 really good f’ing rings lol look at my stats and run my sims i out due you just from traits and stat priorities even tho you have pieces that are more BiS than mines.

Why are you using Starlord? You have 3 Streaking Stars, pump out that damage with Incarnation.

Who hurt you

Starlord parses better on many raid fights. Check the log rankings. Grong, for example, is almost all Starlord in the top 20 even though everybody has 3x Streaking.

Starlord also does well on split cleave fights because the 9% haste is quite significant for our dot damage. Also, it adds a nice little level of complexity that makes you think ahead a little bit.

let me summerize for you. this spec was too clunky to use with my old gear from lack of AP generation and i did more dps in pvp spec until my stat weights changed with almost all BiS gear for item level.

dude saying he can out dps me? thats cool it was my FIRST TIME EVER using that spec since mid uldir when it wouldnt hold a candle to my dps spec. I used ot use DPS spec literally for astral power potions because i couldnt generate enough AP which was NOT MY FAULT. now i can generate AP

as for my itemization? 28.7k sim dps for 413 item level and a 44 neck? well when i get to 50 neck i found out for sure that it will be without a doubt the highest sim on my entire realm @ 29.5k dps while being 15th geared in my core raid group. gotta be doing something right when the only ppl that can sim higher than you with a crutch neck is the top guild on your server whos 6/9 mythic while ur stuck @ 3/9 mythic in guild number 5… no one in any of the bottom 4 of the top 5 has a higher sim than me and no one will when my neck hits 50.

anyway the whole emphasis was HEY LOOK THIS IS DAY ONE ON MY NEW SPEC…learned to play? no dude i jumped in with no experience at all other than a 28 minute target dummy fight with 22.3k overall dps before the raid

Warcraftlogs----> reports/wpJmLCn9z1FZYf47#fight=1&type=damage-done

only parse from you i could even find. your build is entirely wrong and crit is NOT the way to go, 13% haste is bad no matter what.

that was your heroic champs wanna see my mythic champs kill last time?

Warcraftlogs----> /reports/mFZNPTbzQxj41JHB/#fight=1&type=damage-done

so your 18k vs my 30k dps and mine was mythic champs while yours was heroic champs and ur saying you can out dps me lol okay kid

PS: all my azerite pieces are BiS with BiS traits other than my shoulders which are 2nd BiS and like a percent worse than BiS with the correct traits activated. my stat weights are OUTSTANDING too. not sure where you’re getting this from dude but might wanna look more into something before you claim stuff like that

Haste

Mastery

Critical Strike

Versatility

Intellect

might wanna rethink your theory after looking at those insane stat weights then tell me to stack more mastery

elaborate? tell me where im wrong then

TF you on about?? You literally argued with us about taking 2 talents that INCREASE AP GENERATION!!

You wanted to take WoE and FoE (claiming need for mobility) over NB and SS (both increase AP generation). Then you were trying to justify a crit build over haste (more casts = more AP). So the only reason you were lacking AP gen was due to your own idiotic choices.

Grats on being one of the most stubborn players ever, and then claiming you “tuned” your spec and figured it out by simply doing exactly what we told you to do forever ago.

And you certainly had a L2P issue. Casting unempowered LS over empowered SW because it “hits like a wet noodle”. Your gearing, talent choices, and rotation were a dumpster fire full of fail, but now you act like you miraculously figured it out when all you did was do what we said.

So, your welcome that you are now pulling decent (not great by any means) numbers. Youre still totally lost in the sauce when it comes to the theory behind the class.

PS. No one gives a crap about what you or your refugee server/shard sim dps ranking is.

Ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/CNDrkXbQAJynfcBY/

ttps://www.warcraftlogs.com/reports/DApzvJxR2tX7Kq3C/

Look i found 2 in my all extensive research of 3 min good thing you’re as good at looking stuff up as you’re in dpsing… put h in front of both links

Actually you were like 9th on dps and only 22k if one looks at boss only damage, which is the way Mythic champs should be done. You also did not interrupt any angelic renewals.

1 Like

^^^^^

Trash gonna be trash. Padding to look good and not doing mechanics. So pro. Best druid NA.

My advice, stop looking at parses and do your job as dps. TM is for more than one target and SF is only for one target, switch per boss.

If your GM is saying or sounds like he’s just blaming anyone at this point from what you say as you are the top dps, then leave that guild and find another.

1 Like

Honestly, they both are pretty close in terms of overall DPS. The real question to ask is: Does this fight have a point where I need really strong burst?

Simply looking at WCL for which build does the “most” overall damage isn’t taking the full picture into account. What was best for those guilds, may not be best for your guild.

A good example is Rasta. If you get into P4 with 70% of your raid alive… it’s pretty much a kill as at that point it’s basically heroic with a few extra frogs. The hardest part is P3. Sure SL may parse better overall… But I’d MUCH rather have Incarn for super strong burst on Bwomsandi during P3, as… that’s really the only part of the fight where DPS matters.

Just my 2c.

1 Like

yeah yeah i just wanted to see a good parse and it was literally first time using the spec so i didnt wanna look bad on the meters so w/e, ill prolly go incarn next time as my guild killed the boss in 1:53 so incarn is better anyway honestly i had 600 gold at the time and didnt wanna respec a bunch using tomes

You’re simply overthinking how important stats are and also how important optimizing Starlord is. Starlord changes almost nothing about your rotation, the only thing it changes is that you want to end your Starlord window with a lot of Astral Power. Even doing this is a small gain in damage, most of our damage comes from simply just having low downtime, nothing more. Not to mention, blindly looking at starlord % uptime is useless as well, you need to look at average haste gained if anything, which also doesn’t tell the whole story. You’re saying things like “i got an uptime of 89% at a loss of dot uptimes” which is just a complete misplay and also things like, “its also about haste and GCD window timings as well as distance from boss because of time delay on projectiles as well as your actual latency in play.” You’re acting like this is some complicated trigonometry, it’s not and you’re overthinking it, which is a common mistake lower skill players make. Most of your potential damage comes solely from low downtime, that goes for any ranged dps.

Also Starlord being good has been a thing for a long time, Starlord gained a lot of power due to recent 8.1 and 8.1.5 changes, as did Nature’s Balance. I wouldn’t recommend Renewal generally as the health gain from it is usually outweighed by the movement of Wild Charge. Don’t worry about your stats either, you do not aim for stats in that way, you take whatever ilvl pieces you can get, simple as that, you can’t have a “crit build”. If you care, look at my parses as “proof” that i know what i’m talking about. I’m not really doing anything special, and when i am it leads to a small non noticeable increase, i’m mainly just having low downtime.

Also btw, Starlord is better than Incarn in a 1 minute 53 second kill, so you should stick to Starlord in that case.

1 Like

Don’t argue with the Goose.

Your parses dont lie… but i still dissagree with you mainly on itemization.

raidbots -----> simbot/report/jR28vroiX2tJ8aGLZb2EtV

for a 412 drood I prolly have the highest sim dps for my item level bracket. turns out i wanted to see if I could squeeze my 420 ring in there and I cant no matter what even my stat weights insanely rounded.
Haste

Mastery

Versatility

Critical Strike

Intellect

As you can see thurr. theres only one other drood on my server that does it like that and he parses higher than me, sims lower and lower item level. main difference being he can get his starlord up to 95% is the only thing i can really see as a diff. i been using this spec a week so hes no doubt better at using it.

point is man, you cant just go running around saying item level is the only thing that matters for gear cause look, theres a build there in the first link that has a 1k dps loss with higher item level just trying to squeeze that 420 ring in. easier said than done man theres a ratio you wanna keep no matter what to keep good stat weights otherwise you’re losing out on efficiency. ive had a difference of over 5k dps without swapping traits with lower dps from higher item level gear before proving a point on the raiders boss dummy to my GM. in my current situation, literally any piece with a higher item level will usually sim higher unless theres a procc or something, but thats only because THREE secondary stats at over 3.3 dps per stat and top being 3.58 weighted. yea on paper non “itemized” gear can still sim higher but it will still feel clunky to use weird stat weighted toons man

I mean yea i dont parse orange but yall acting like im still total garbage or something :frowning:

PS: refrencing your own big dick parses is kinda mundane talking to a small fry guy who literally has no one on his entire sever shard sim patchwerk as high as you parsed grong. highest sim i ever seen on my whole realm from the top guild they got is 29.4k.

mines 28.8k @ 412 item level and will be 29.6k after 50 lvl neck so i mean im not doing too bad with the whole tweaking gear thing right?

I brought up my parses because you weren’t listening to anyone even when they were giving you good info and because you seemed focused on how much damage you were doing (also linking your own logs). I even put quotes around the word “proof” to show you that it doesn’t automatically prove you know what you’re talking about. Also, the person parsing higher than you probably isn’t only getting higher Starlord uptime, but also faster kills or especially likely getting lower downtime, which is by far the most important part of this spec. About Ilvl, trinkets and rings are different, and in general the “just equip ilvl” thing is a more general way of gearing. For the most accurate results you should just sim top gear, which will almost always prioritize item level, but yea some things don’t follow that rule completely and I should have explained that (for example the opulence trinket). Most of that sims difference comes from the opulence trinket, which assumes perfect use, which is the point of the trinket, rewarding you for being able to actually use the effect.

There is no ratio you are following or anything, you don’t have control over what gear you get specifically, you simply sim what you have, and you are not losing out on efficiency. You are acting like you can somehow choose what gear you get. If you had a choice between every piece of gear you could argue there is a “ratio” I guess. Take what gear you get and sim it or equip just ilvl if you’re lazy, and you’re basically doing almost all of the gear optimization that you can. This spec comes down to low downtime. The game doesn’t really care about stats anymore, they won’t make a noticeable difference. It will not feel clunky to equip a 10 ilvl higher pair of crit vers pants over haste mastery pants of lower ilvl, you probably won’t even really feel the difference. Even if you do, that won’t really affect your dps. The most you can do is assume since you’re a moonkin, a piece of gear with haste and mastery is good for you if you’re looking to bonus roll something, but because of things like warforging that doesn’t matter as much either.

I wasn’t calling you garbage or something either, I said “lower skill players” because usually they say the same things you are. Looking at your raid kills I wouldn’t call you a higher skilled player that’s for sure, and I don’t mean that in a rude way. I help lots of players similar to you and it’s something I’ve noticed. You were talking with someone earlier in this thread about each others parses and how he had the wrong stat build, linking logs like that proves anything. I’m just trying to give you helpful info to help you improve. If people are acting like you’re garbage, it’s probably because you are talking about outdated concepts and acting like you have figured out a spec that has already been figured out, and then not budging when you’re told you’re wrong.

Btw, never use target dummy damage to see what gear is better, that is in no way comparable to a sim at all. Also, you should be using Wild Charge and Resto Affinity, they’re almost always the best in any situation PvE wise.

I’m just telling you what basically every top player does, stats don’t really matter. Just sim whatever gear you happen to get and play your actual character well. Playing your character well + high ilvl gear (regardless of stats) + good kill times is how people do good damage.

I’m going to assume you understand what you were saying about Starlord is wrong by the way, because you didn’t really say anything about that.

1 Like