My dps is garbage and i don't know why

no idea why I can’t include logs for my raid…

reports/tgvZw8FbTQAcK6Cx/

but, my sim DPS is 22.3k and iv’e gone for crit, no verse build with the minimum amount of haste needed.

My stat weights are:

Mastery

Critical Strike

Versatility

Intellect

Haste

The crazy thing is if I swap something out and lose 82 haste, my haste goes up to 3.0 in value, but here as it is now it’s 1.85 I don’t understand that one bit. I would put more mastery on but I’m limited to items.

anyway I know a lot of people will tell me my crit is too high and that i need to swap it all for haste blah blah but this is the best i could minmax my toon for the item level I have. seems like crit and mastery stuff will benefit me greatly and vers isn’t even worth it yet. I will only add vers to my gear when it’s stat weight is on top (have 420 titanforged bracers with vers for that)

I know my spec is technically wrong too. I’m losing at least 2% dps from not using stellar flare, but I chose my spec to be mobile, and as it is my dot uptime isn’t 100% yet anyway.

but anyway, no matter how well i do in my raids, my logs are garbage. I hope you don’t take my opulence kill as my actual performance because I accidentally got locked out and couldn’t dps for a good 5 mins with little over 30% activity on that fight.

but the point is, no matter how much I top meters, other people who get around my dps or slightly beat it will parse 80+ and i never parse over 40. I really dont get what I’m doing wrong because if it wasn’t for warcraft logs and % for item level honestly I would have thought I was better but now I think I’m garbage. I can beat other druids with “the right spec” and iv’e only seen like 5 boomies on my server who can consitantly beat my numbers, I duno maybe my server is just garbage :frowning:

point is I suck at using stellar flare, and I optimize my dps for generating astral power and being useful while moving as much as possible. something that translated over from PvP because I don’t believe in sims telling the whole story.

Anyway, There’s no way stellar flare alone can make the difference between 20% for itemlevel and an 80% parse is there? like what am I doing wrong?

Your dps is working as intended.

What does that even mean O_O

I was trying to get help on how I’m messing up

1 Like

It’s a solid point. Your dps is where it should be.

You’re picking some weird talents. Nature’s balance and shooting stars is the way to go for single target. On aoe fights, people parse higher if they pad on adds. First boss you should be having both dots on the adds, same for second boss. For jadefire you can dot up all the orbs.

Also your group in general are deadweights. There’s no way you’re going to parse high when pretty much your entire dps lineup is gray parsing. Some of these fights are 4+ minutes long when they should be 1 or 2 minutes less. Compound that with the fact that boomkin’s dps is not a consistent output: your incarn is massive burst and anything outside of that is laughable dps. In other words, you want to lust and pop incarn, and burn the boss asap. The longer it drags out, the worse it gets.

edit: also I didn’t take a too indepth look at your logs, but just be aware the streaking stars interacts based on when the spell impacts the target. So solar wrath is a slow projectile and it might be causing you to missing a couple procs here and there.

1 Like

I mean I’m well aware that my spec is wrong but simming it single target is only a 0.7% dps loss and that’s patchwork. even on grong I still believe that my spec is better simply because I can choose to keep casting while moving on missiles. even if it was less dps in by doing so the difference would be so minimal it wouldn’t even matter. sure, I lost dps on the target dummy, but in many cases like on conclave I’d pick the option to gain 80 astral power every minute instantly with a dot and 3 instant cast lunar strikes but that’s just me. I mean how many fights can you just stand there and nuke stuff and not move at all? not many.

now that that’s out of the way and assuming you’re right and the fact that simming it is a0.7% dps loss, and that simming stellar flare is like 2% loss (at the moment I do more in my spec), is the difference between top druids and my dps really that small, or what else am I doing wrong? Is it mostly just the fact that my group overall isn’t up to par?

You’re supposed to refresh dots/throw a starsurge when you move. Anyway if you’re really interested in good parses, you can’t do it with that group. Their low dps is going to taper yours off by a lot by dragging on the fight longer than it should.

1 Like

That only helps when I have to move like 8 yards though O_O

now I wonder wat ill do in a better group =/

I’ve been told by the druid discord that stat weights are mostly useless. Always sim.

Second, move as little as possible. The sim assumes you use WoE on CD, not saving it for the next time you need to move. The best Balance parse is almost always the one where you stood still the whole fight. When you do need to move, try to wild charge after an instant, or move only in 6-8 yard steps during instants. You want to play a mobile caster? Roll a hunter or a mage.

You absolutely have to keep 99.5% dot uptime.

Parsing is also heavily affected by how short the fight runs, and if you can get a kill just after an Incarnation.

Lastly, your stats suck. Balance is a haste/mastery class.

I just simmed your toon in current gear and talents, 5 min, light movement. Top stat is haste at 3.55, mast 2.64, crit 2.51.

As someone stated, you should sim top gear, and switch your enchants, and talents. If you want top parses, set your self up, or dont but dont wonder why.

1 Like

Seems like you know why, youre just too stubborn to fix the issues.

2 Likes

how is that even possible when My sim says haste is at the bottom at 1.85??

EDIT: even lower that that my bad half asleep.

simbot/report/qiHMcxPbQqC4SgzFViX4Cd

from raidbots…

Also warcraftlogs website. ccom /reports/3xqnkfcB1ayhrwRb/#fight=13&type=damage-done

so like, honestly not many ppl on my entire realm make my dps look bad on meters but for example…

our warrior had 1k less dps than me yet parsed 80 and I parsed a 35. our other warrior under him did 3k less dps than me with SAME item level and parsed considerably higher on an add aoe fight where bladestorm is extremely valuable. he parsed 47

like is everyone else so much better at boomy than me so much so that I should be doing within a couple % of my patchwork sim DPS on these fights? I only know like 2 boomies on my entire realm that could prolly beat me on any fight no matter what and i get some of the worst parses topping charts all the time

how is this even possible? would 2% extra dps from stellar flare and a tiny bit of dot loss really put my parse up that much?

as for other replies some dude is telling me my haste is worth twice what my stat weights sim… that’s not even possible. haste is literally my worst stat. I have no options to itemize my crap and you guys are acting like its super easy to just get 10 different 400+ items to itemize at my leisure…

so far the only help Iv’e gotten is:

stellar flare which is a 2% dps loss

and natures balance/ shooting stars which sims like half a percent better on patchwork

is supposed to get me a good parse over 70%? like a 2 and ahalf percent difference is the difference between 35% and a GOOD parse? people lying to me about my stat weighs after I spent 2 days straight simming all my gear in about 200 combinations to get the highest sim dps the consensus is I suck cause I cant get the stats I want from my drops? for example I have 420 bracers thats a dps loss over some 385 bracers I have because vers is garbage.

I guess what I mean is all these answers are all over the place, and no matter how many times I top charts I always look like garbage on parses… honestly I’m just going to start raiding with 385 item level to stop looking like garbage

EDIT AGAIN:

if you were right… then this sim is lying too I changed out my crit haste ring for a haste mastery ring and lost 0.4% dps on sims.

raidbots website --> /simbot/report/vTqwMPBzHaPsgHU7shGKaG

doing another statweights sim of the most crit I could possibly dump for haste and mastery lets see wat comes up…

raidbots website --> /simbot/report/5sa7VDBy5kF1sTxQPyHAiX

Moral of the story is stat weighs are always changing and I wont be able to keep 2nd stats high even if I got over 20% haste it would still bring dps lower.

so my perfered gearset is 22.3k patchwerk sim dps vs this itemized set where you guys told me to use is 21.8k dps, and the int and base stat loss still might not even make up the 500 dps difference in 2 lost item levels.

AKA your itemization advice was wrong, and now it boils down to is it PURELY my spec or wat is going on? do all these other people just have way better raiders in their group and doing 3 min less on fights brings their parse up that much higher than mine? cause ill be honest cant leave my guild, wouldnt even if the best guild on server tried to poach me but i just wanna get down to the bottom of it. still wouldnt make sense why people with same item level and 3k less dps than me parse considerably higher when most classes other than spriest and locks are almost even on dps, and ele shaman edges all other out by a couple % but mine and most classes is minimal and nowhere near almost 20% better than any other class in the game YET SOMEHOW THEY PARSE LIKE THATS THE CASE?!?!

As I told you before, stat weight is said to be useless by the druid discord. the people that maintain the action profile for balance. The correct sim to be using is basically any other sim, but usually Best Gear or Quick Sim.

We’ve told you what the problem is. Balance is a haste/mastery class, and is not mobile. The best ST talents are NB, Starlord, Stellar Flare, and Shooting Stars, although most people parse with Incarnation.

This report uses your input in Best Gear to compare talents & weapons.

/simbot/report/YVjYQocSzcrUVYGNea4EM

This report uses your input in a Best Gear sim to choose rings, waist, gems, enchants, etc.

/simbot/report/sZ5QG9c3RJqZNinz7NCp26

As for parsing, the two biggest bonuses to parse % is quick kill times so that potions & heroism have higher % uptime and a kill time so the boss dies just after Incarnation wears off.

You need to look at your sim settings, cause something is off.

/simbot/report/j4CXL3YDyueUpq896vTAoJ

Also, looking at your logs in wow analyzer you dony have 100% dot uptime, you cancel alot of casts, and sometimes just arent casting anything.

And as Kirlon mentioned, over all raid DPS and fight length have alot to do with parse ranking.

I think it’s the stat weights sim itself? I stopped using it after one of the Balance mods said it was bad. Or maybe he has some saved setting. My Raidbots still thinks I’m trying to compare enchants every time, and I only do that maybe once a month.

You need to DL the Simcraft addon. Then in Raidbots use the Top Gear sim. Import the info from ingame to Raidbots. Check Deadly, Quick, Masterful Nav for Weapon. Check the Haste, Mastery, Crit Gems for Gems/Enchants. You can compare Talents if you want but the ones in WoWhead are right for most encounters. Honestly, best thing to do for talents per fight is look at WarcraftLogs and use what Top Parses are using.

Anyway, from what Ive been told, the Top Gear sim is really the only one that works for Boomy. I said add the Crit modifiers only because you seem to think they are the best, but really you should focus on Haste/Mastery. When you get a new piece of gear, do it all over again.

I like to use the compare tools in warcraft logs to look at the fights and understand cast by cast where I stand with another player that performed better than me.

I made a little video about it here:

This might help you to see and compare yourself with someone that parsed higher than you that is similar gear. Especially look at the cast timeline mode I discuss later in the video if you haven’t used this tool.

raidbots website —> simbot/report/3Q1dZZPs2fhMd11tXV3CW7

warcraftlogs —> reports/trfLjF4Z6a7CDvWz/#fight=7&type=damage-done

so basically I got LITERALLY within a few hundred dps of my sim dps for light movement on grong…

and I still only parsed 53% for itemlevel

like either a THIRD of boomies are literally beating their sim dps or my gear is just garbage for my item level like now I’m even more mad. like someone tell me wtf I’m doing wrong here how do so many other people parse 90% doing less dps than me

Because a good parse on normal Grong is 30k.