My Battle tag is flagged and told to change

You have to stand up for yourself though if you know it’s not offensive, or even remotely offensive to 99.999% of the people out there.

1 Like

no i dont think they did, because it’s the same name, but some numbers added at the end. i think if a real person does it they change it to something like Player12345

i understand and appreciate your attempt to help, but i think it’s incorrect

no doubt… I just sympathize with people that have names like that flagged. I hope he wins his appeal.

1 Like

I know I said I was out … but … gosh.

This is a subjective statement. What you believe in your head isn’t the end-all be-all of what’s offensive.

Nor do you know how “99.999%” of all other people feel. You know literally nothing about how someone else feels. You are only you.

This seems to be an “I feel like this, so everyone else must too,” problem.

Now, I promise, I am out.

1 Like

not really though, because i could leave it like that forever.

It should be noted that it doesn’t have to be offensive to be inappropriate.

5 Likes

my name is probably offensive to some people. Even though it’s my name. What if I was in a room full of people and I had 2 or 3 say they are offended because my name (Peter) is another name for a body part or whatever? If it were you would you tell them you will change your name to satisfy them? If you did and changed it to Ralph or something which was your middle name then other people say their dad died of a drug OD because he choked on his vomit and the 2 other people demand you to change it again. It’s just silly in my opinion… Again, hope he wins appeal.

But yah, I am out too. Good luck OP.

1 Like

Actually, you’ll stop getting tells and it will interfere with some aspects of Blizzard’s properties and systems. ALSO, it may come to a point that Blizzard will just choose a name for you and you’ll be stuck with it.

i dont feel that applies here, as that is a character name in game and the guy was suspended.
I was never suspended and its my ancient battletag name, not a character in game. Also his was changed, and did not, simply have numbers added.

people dont just get to see my battletag do they?

It VERY much applies here

i feel like i’ve been courteous towards you, why do you insult me?

Good luck with your appeal.

1 Like

thanks, i hope it was a mistake, but if blizzard tells me it was in violation then i will apologize and never use it again.

Truth be told, Naysayer, I’m not entirely certain why it would have been. Unless there is some obscure definition that I’m not familiar with.

Is this on a different account? I’m not showing any notes on this one that indicate your BattleTag was reviewed or flagged for a rename. Are you getting prompted to change it when you log in? Do you see something different like “Player1DVCF3” or something similar?

4 Likes

Nor do you know how “99.999%” of all other people feel. You know literally nothing about how someone else feels. You are only you.

And let’s not forget that there are parts of the country where quite literally 99.999% would find nothing wrong with the N-word. Even if everyone around the OP feels the same way he does and the “99%” is accurate to his circle, that doesn’t mean much.

That said, however, I find it odd that “bravata” by itself would be flagged as offensive. There is some context missing. I suspect the OP will swear on a pack of Bibles otherwise, but in my long existence on the internet I’ve learned that these “I’m innocent why was I banned” stories often have additional context that is not shared. Could still be an error on Blizzard’s part, but it just sounds like something is missing from the story.

1 Like

this account im posting with. it shows this in my account settings

no prompt when logging in, i just have this sitting in my settings, and numbers added to my battletag now. My app and everything to do with battletags shows the name bravata#***** on display. No generic name like “Player1DVCF3” that i’ve seen other people get when having naming violations.

BattleTags always have numbers. Everything before the # you select, but the system assigns a random set of numbers after the # to keep the BattleTags unique.

Did you recently return to the game, Naysayer? I ask, because about 9 months ago I show there was some assistance provided around moving or updating your Battle.net account. During that time, your BattleTag was reset. You were provided with the same name but the number designation after the # would have been randomly selected by the system.

A rep provided an explanation in their response to ticket US70770207.

4 Likes

I’ve taken a few months off here and there over the last decade. I dont know how long i’ve been tagged for a change because nothing was effected other than my battletag.

The instance about 9 months ago was a request i made to move some wow account off of this bnet onto another bnet, but the provider made a mistake (i wasnt on his end so im not 100% sure) and after moving the accounts off, he closed this bnet or something. I contacted support again and another representative explained to me that it was a mistake and fixed it according to the request.

So it makes sense if he had to reopen my account that he changed the bnet to make it happen. It explains why the name is similar with numbers added. I can accept that, mistakes happen.

1 Like

Which is why I’m fairly certain that the message you received is simply part of renaming your BattleTag as I don’t see any penalties that would indicate that the name would have been considered in violation. Unless the system is prompting you to rename the BattleTag, I think you can safely leave it the way it is.

7 Likes

From what I know, Mandarin is quite standardized despite chinese people are all over the world, Pyropeter would mean Pyropeter and not any body part.

1 Like