My Battle tag is flagged and told to change

Your BattleTag was found to be in violation of naming guidelines, so you’ve been assigned a temporary BattleTag. Click on “Update” to create a new BattleTag.

Can you please tell me why it was in violation, and also if it was false flagged can i keep my old tag? Was there a good reason for it to be flagged, and could you explain to me privately as to why?

Hello Naysayer,

You’ll want to appeal your tag change if you believe it appropriate.

As this is a public forum, Blizzard is unable to privately discuss an account action with you here.

Cheers.

7 Likes

where do i appeal it? My tag was definitely not against the naming policy, and the temporary tag i was given is the same name and a few numbers added to it. Someone is false flagging me.

This is not the case. If someone “false flags” you, as you put it, this is the way it works:

• You get flagged for whatever reason. False, true … it’s irrelevant.
  • This results in a GM reviewing your Battletag name
  • If your Battletag isn’t in violation, you’ll never know you were flagged. No action is taken; you’re not even informed you were under scrutiny.
  • If your Battletag is in violation, you are asked to change it.

So, that’s why this whole “false flag” ideology is flawed at the root. The worst thing that can happen from a bunch of false flags is a review (or a temporary squelch / temporarily hidden post in the case being flagged for chat in-game or on the forums, respectively.)

If you aren’t doing anything untoward, then the review evaporates into nothing.

The idea of “false flagging” resulting in account action purely from the flags is nothing more than urban legend, and a disservice to the community at large.

6 Likes

Use this link.
https://us.battle.net/support/en/help/contact/980/ticket

3 Likes

What is wrong with the name
Bravata
?
i have had it for over a decade, im one of the original bnet members.

thank you, there’s no clear options to appeal this so i used that link and made a generic help me ticket.

A simple google search show that is a name of a criminal that got 20 years for a Ponzi scheme. Also it’s the name of a brand of beauty product line.

2 Likes

bravata f (plural bravate) mischief, prank. braggadocio, braggart. (chiefly in the plural) bravado. A false show of courage; stunt.

it’s just bravado

Wait for your ticket.

any idea why they would just throw some numbers on the end if it were in violation? i mean if it were reviewed by a person and not automated?

just wondering about the process

That’s the thing, though, it isn’t just one thing. It’s all the things. That’s your responsibility when you create a name. You don’t have exclusive rights on one of the several meanings of a name.

All Battletags have numbers at the end, now. Only the very, very early ones were numberless.

I think there’s something else going on here besides just a battletag name flag. Dunno what that may be.

2 Likes

im interested in it’s inappropriate meaning?

1 Like

You are not gonna get details on the process as there are some that will try to rule lawyer and game the system and information like that would be helpful to their agenda.

We are not allowed to discuss that here

1 Like

You have no say in what others find offensive, and their right to not be offended is equal to yours.

Perhaps you ran into someone who lost their entire family fortune to that piece of trash?

:man_shrugging:

that’s a bit silly.
that would mean nobody could use the names
jack, john, ted, ect

1 Like

You can find offense with just about every name out there if you ask every player. That’s the part I find kind of silly.

Mine is my name and what I do for a living. But someone might say, “hey that’s another name for a body part”. Uhhh… It’s my name. I don’t think Bravada is even remotely bad, but it’s not my choice sadly :frowning:

2 Likes

No, you can use jack, john and ted. You cannot use TedBundy or JohnList. Be proactive in what you choose.

This is the way society has always worked, but it’s in our faces now, because everyone on the planet has a voice.

I, for one, have respect for other people’s wishes. If I choose a name that, unbeknownst to me, causes someone else distress, I’ll ditch it in heartbeat. I’d honestly rather lose a name I think is cool than cause some fellow human to feel bad. No matter their reason. This is a video game - I am flexible.

I’m out on this one. It’s in the round-and-round phase.

4 Likes

Well, it doesn’t matter what the players think. Blizzard felt it violated the rules and flagged it. Their is the only opinion that matters. It’s also why there is an appeal process.

1 Like