My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

You guys want Alteraci humans? Sure, you can have 'em. I’m not opposed to anything (except for lightforged undead). I just want my high elves

1 Like

No it’s not, it would be a situation when an already existing model it’s given to the other side. Anything else it’s irrelevant because it was to explain how it would blurr the faction lines.

No I don’t want humans, stop twisting what I said in that post.

I swear, you guys thrive in dishonesty.

4 Likes

Wouldn’t the equivalent of Blood Elves be Draenei? I would be fine if they got Eredar remnants.

Pupularity wise, draenei are nowhere near Blood Elves, humans are, which is why I said I would use another popular race.

Please, stop it with the selective reading.

No. You made a hypothetical and people were fine with it. it is not dishonest

So its a popularity contest? Are you implying people want High Elves because Blood Elves are the most played Horde race?

Faction lines barely matter anyway. Aside from forced expacs where characters are destroyed to push a stupid faction war, we spend all our time fighting bigger threats together. Even later in this expac it seems like we’ll be back to working together to fight a greater threat, which is honestly what we should have been doing all this expac anyway, what with the ridiculously massive sword sticking out of our planet.

1 Like

Alterac Humans?

The Forsaken are going to have to dig them out of that field the planted them in.

Meh, i dug them out several times…

Ah, say that talk is cheap until there’s actually the possibility something might happen, most of the posters jump over themselves to prove it. I’ll just be over here.

2 Likes

It is when they’re using the example I used as if it was some sort of thinly vailed request when that wasn’t the case at all.

It’s a possibility, but that’s still not the point, also to deny that blood elves are the most played race in the Horde, it’s ignorant, because they clearly are. So yes, to want to try to compare them to a race that is not as played and noticeable, would not have the same effect.

EDIT: Ugh, why you had to use that face of all the possible options XD

3 Likes

Tbh the only faction swap I could see happening in the near future would be skinny humans (humans on the Forsaken rig) for greater undead (forsaken on the human rig).

And I honestly hope that I would have moved on to another game to not see that happening.

Yer ma makes bad tiddly oggies.

I have my raisins.

No one denies Blood elves are the most played Horde race. Saying that the Alliance wants them because of that is disingenuous. Alliance is for the most part a generic fantasy group so having High Elves make them fall into that. Also over the past 15+ year the Alliance hasn’t made as many allies of different factions like the Horde has. The High Elves are one of the few that have been in the lore from the beginning.

My Nelf is as bitter as me LoL.

This supposes that a human based AR, which would probably be short at least two of the most commonly rolled classes (Paladin, DK), would be popular on the Horde. I think that Nightborne, who are basically Night Elves++ except with no Druids, show what you can expect.

Although if these hypothetical Horde humans got Druids in a trade via some lore shenanigans, that might help them in a way that didn’t work out for Kul Tirans, since Horde still lacks a normalish, for lack of a better word (think some might say “boring”), caster-form Druid.

As an Alliance player my vision of the Alliance doesn’t include High Elves. If I wanted an Alliance of Dwarfs, Humans, and Elves to take on the bad Orcs, I’d play the Lord of the Rings game. That is THE fantasy cliche. I like that WoW is a little weird and does its own thing. Keep it fresh.

5 Likes

But we have that already anyways. Why is adding High elves break that for you?

1 Like

I simply said that is a possibility based on what I’ve seen some High elf supporters saying, I never said it was the general consensus.

And that’s another reason why I’m against it. WoW is not generic fantasy, they’ve been trying to break from that since at least Warcraft III, which is why we saw the change to High Elves to Blood Elves, which is why Orcs were for the sterotypical mindless minions and back to their shamanistic roots, which is why we even have free willed Forsaken.

You want the same old tropes, I’m against that.

What are the furbolgs? What are the Jinyu? Those alone come to mind when I’m not even trying to think too hard about it and I don’t even play Alliance.

They were not even that loyal, events between Warcraft 2 and Wartcraft 3 happened.

2 Likes