My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

Furbolgs Jinyu and Borken dont have female models. Would be fine if they added them. There are still High Elves loyal to the Alliance that never joined the Blood Elves in WC3.

Please don’t go into the population numbers.

1 Like

I personally wouldn’t play jinyu or furbolgs. Jinyu are really boring to me, and I’ve never been that interested in playing as a furbolg either. I also see nothing wrong with traditional fantasy, especially since we do already have plenty of things in game that go beyond that.

Night Elves aren’t anything like that. They’re really their own thing. Void Elves (which I was very skeptical of at first) aren’t that either. They aren’t even your stereotypical Dark Elves, they’re more like Lovecraft Elves.

Because that’s exactly what High Elves are. They are THE fantasy elf cliche.

They’re banal.

Jinyu are just Night Elf males with fish heads. Broken are Taruen males with tentical heads.

Lorash Sunbeam would like to disagree with this. Being as he was a High Elf born in Trisfal Glades where as his parents where Highborne and changed from what was a Night Elf Highborne to what was a High Elf during the boat ride from Kalmandor to Eastern Kingdoms. Not sure how long that trip is supposed to take, but I am 100% sure it was less than a full years time on Azeroth.

Just fish heads. That’s no small thing, it’s not like we’re talking about eye color.

It’s like a zit.

3 Likes

I never use the population numbers, however, I simply cite the fact that the High Elven Kingdom of Quel’thalas only joined out of convenience and left as soon as the second war was dealt with. Using remnants to say “High Elves are loyal and always were” it’s a bit of a stretch.

And those models could be made, if anything, it offers something far more original than recolored blood elves, it would give them something unique and that we’ve never seen before.

That’s great, I see that Blizz didn’t even wait to contradict the lore they themselves said was the latest cannon.

I am fine with Broken, they have interesting lore at the very least, but jinyu…they were seriously bland to me. A unique looking model doesn’t always equal an interesting race.

I have my doubts about whether people who suggest them as alliance playable races would ever roll them. If people want them, legitimately then make a thread and ask, but don’t suggest them in lieu of what others want to play if they aren’t something you actually want to play as.

I don’t want “Unique” races with lore I can’t stand or find dull instead of races that might seem boring to some but have lore that interests me. I also don’t want to be told what I should want just because some people might not like what I want. Don’t like a race? Don’t play it.

I don’t like vulpera or junker gnomes, but I am not going into those threads to argue against their inclusions because some people would genuinely enjoy playing them and I think they should be able to.

1 Like

We just disagree with you.

Those aren’t a copy paste from the other side - the other side’s most popular race. You’re trying to pass an orange off as an apple.

6 Likes

So if Blood Elves were not the most popular Horde race there would be little issue?

I would certainly reevaluate.

So it is just a popularity contest.

That’s depressing.

No it isn’t JUST one thing. You’re just trying to get a bite like a politician.

So depressing.

2 Likes

Nope, it would be theft of a major portion of horde identity.

3 Likes

Fair point,
I didn’t think that was a reason.

Or… crazy thought here. They add them and all the kicking and screaming stops once people realize that it doesnt do anything to them besides add another race option.

4 Likes

What if they were introduced as a Horde race? Would you be happy with that?

What does that mean?

I would still care about a Horde model being reused for Alliance with minimal changes, but I wouldn’t be able to argue that it could affect the playerbase population.

What would you be willing to accept as a compensation that would make you go ‘Alright, let those people that are really passionate about something and would be very happy if they got something, get what they want’? Out of curiosity :smiley: