My argument for adding High Elves to the Alliance

They’re not Evees, they need time to change and they haven’t in the 10,000 they existed. They only changed from their past kaldorei selves long ago, they don’t mutate overnight.

So you know the exact date when the Nightborn became? They have been afk from Night Elf society for 10k+ years but we don’t know when they became Nightborne

I Imagine it happened around the time when High elves began to take their currect form since they were being bathed in the energies of the Sunwell, while the Nightborne were being bathed in the energies of the Nightwell.

High Elves for the Alliance! :clap::elf:‍♂

1 Like

Tbh that’s orcs.

2 Likes

void elf presence already dwarfs high elf presence in bfa. their growing numbers imply that they can convert other thalassian elves into void elves, its just not confirmed

the void elves are physically different from blood/high elves AND they have no claim on the theme of a blood/high elf

what you want is a race almost physically indistinguishable from blood/high elves with an identical theme

while you have clearly convinced yourself that the concepts posted here and elsewhere are more than enough to differentiate the high elves from the blood elves, they are not. if a blood elf can style their hair that way, or get a tattoo, or get face paint on, then its not different enough!

as to why they ‘keep adding high elf’ NPCs i thought the answer was obvious. that a few individual alliance high elves exist

tbf, as far as i am aware they have added only 4 actual alliance high elf NPCs into BFA. 4 alliance high elf NPCs is perfectly in line with a minor, non playable faction that does exist but which has no real impact within the alliance beyond the nod to the past

:female_detective:

I think everyone is looking at the fluff as more consistent than it actually is.

4 Likes

Void elves are purple. There story is expanded on because they have to. Void elves didn’t exist until they added them in the tail end of Legion. Doing the same the High Elves is not out of the question.

That is because anytime someone says alter them slightly physically breaks the lore. Even though you are ok with them adding a race that has not existed in the lore until the time they were.

Nightborn have very little changes from Nigh Elves but they are fine because “reasons”

Sure, as long as they’re not flesh toned.

2 Likes

Court of Farondis Elves would have made more sense then Void Elves IMO.

2 Likes

Them or Void Etherals.

Ethereals have a few flaws as a player race but I would like to see them at some point should they work out the kinks.

1 Like

It depends how far they take Allied races, there could be a point were there are so many options that all these conversations begin to seem silly.

1 Like

My wishlist for allied races is simple. High Elves, Wildhammer, and Vykrul.

Up to this point allied races have been slight changes to the models of core races or changes in skin color. Already kind of silly

How’s that silly? That’s literally the whole point of ars.

See, here’s the problem. Unlike high elves on the Alliance, who can simply have alterations for the sake of clarity, this doesn’t exist. It would be a cold day in Hell before Trollbane betrayed the Alliance.

If you meant Alteraci humans… still no, Rains of Castamere’d by Lothar in WC2.

If you meant the humans currently occupying Alterac, those are Syndicate (aka Blackmoore remnants) and are KOS by Orcs, Forsaken, and Ogres.

Pirate humans from Tiragarde? OK fine, knock yourself out. Nathanos kinda threw them under the bus though, so they might be a little salty about that.

1 Like

Because it breaks the faction lines of course. We can’t have that

Why is every one of you that are looking at this are missing the point of a speculative scenario?

3 Likes

Because it’s a false equivalency. Built on another false equivalency, which is the idea that blood elves are the Horde’s humans (ORCS), so the Horde must get humans if the Alliance gets high elves.

1 Like